Crazy riders

All "excellent' input here.

"Me
rock.gif
".....I ride within my limits on any given day. I know a few here in Vegas that just keep asking me to ride with them. "Why
rock.gif
"...I dunno. The fact that I ride a Hayabusa ?, the fact that I "always" wear gear when they see me coming into work ?, my passion for the sport and motorcycles in general ?, "They want to get me out so they can finally see up-close how fast a Hayabusa really is
rock.gif
" "Probably". The fact that some days I'm tired makes me lay back and ride mellow. Other days I'm in tune with the Moto-Gods, and I'm riding awesome, makes me more artful. Some days I'm just getting back and forth between home and work and just trying to survive.

I don't ride with people that have their testicles outside their pants. I just don't. One day they'll pass an oncoming vehicle too close, and they'll get'em yanked off. That's gonna hurt, and that's gonna be just plain tough "for them". Ever since I first inserted the key in the ignition, 23,000 miles ago, I've continued to be a student of this machine. Other bikes were other bikes, this is a Hayabusa.

You'll have to make you're own decisions. What do you have to prove, that others haven't already done for you
rock.gif
?. The reality is, this dingaling that's jerking you around, is an immature brat. I don't ride with them, even if they want to ride with me.

"DON'T EVER LET "ANYONE" FORCE YOU OUT OF YOUR ABILITY / COMFORT ZONE "EVER".........."NEVER-EVER"...THAT'S WHEN PEOPLE DIE.

I hate to say things like this but you watch....this prick will end up in an emergency room, or the morgue. "Mark my words".

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

did you guys notice this is almost 2 years old ?
I was just thinking the same thing, this is an oldie, The kids a sophmore in college now.  
laugh.gif

jump9.gif
I LOVED seeing this post of mine being back out on page 1! When I first saw it I said "holy $h!t I posted that last YEAR!"- glad to see it still provides people with some insight and also glad to see I'm not the only one who runs into this issue.

Sadly, the person who I'd referred to in the beginning of the post is no longer someone I get to ride with much anymore. I hate it but I'd ridden with them and some others this year and ended up with them leaving me in the dust repeatedly on 2 separate rides, so I just decided it wasn't worth it anymore. It just chronically sucks being the old maid when riding with that clan, but I've just seen too many youtube vids where things went wrong- and since that's the kind of luck I've experienced a few times in my life already, I just can't ride that way.

BF

I agree it may be time for new riding buddies. This is my first season on the Busa and now that summer I look back and see how my ride has changed.

At first, I blasted everything and didn't go home until I found a nice safe straight somewhere to get her up around 150. I was also hesitant in the corners due to weight/wheelbase and didn't competely trust her leaned over.

Now, like yesterday's ride, in a 70mph posted limit I find myself cruising around 70-80. When I come on those 30-45mph turns... I just keep her at 70-80.

Ride your ride.

beerchug.gif

I look at the topic, I rarely look at the date. "WHO" resurrected it
rock.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I agree it may be time for new riding buddies. This is my first season on the Busa and now that summer I look back and see how my ride has changed.[/quote] I bet that is a common thought among the Busanites... (is that a word?)

I ride with a group of people down here that ride "crazy" and I don't. When ever I am asked why I don't push the envelope I have a reply similar to yours "I have a wife, 11 year old daughter, 9 year old son and a mortgage and if I go down no one will support them." After they hear that the response is all the same "OK" and that proves that no one will support the family if I go down.

Yesterday again (Third week on a row) as I was practicing my riding skills, I ran into the CHP roadblock. As usual they were cleaning up after the carnage left behind by some rider who's gone beyond his abilities. Parts scattered throughout the highway, ambulances, fire trucks and his buddies consoling each other. Scenes like this are pretty common in this mountain highway and remind me to PACE myself. Each encounter also brings back a flashback of my wife and 5 y/o asking me to come home safely as I gear up for the ride.

I say ride your ride nobody else's. If you want to relax thats what you do, if you want to speed then that is your choice as well. We all have different things we do when we ride, that's what makes it a choice.
thumb_up.gif

Personally, I don't think I'm a crazy rider. Folks who have seen me do stuff on bikes say I'm certifiable.
smile.gif

Personally, I don't think I'm a crazy rider. Folks who have seen me do stuff on bikes say I'm certifiable.  
smile.gif
A few have crashed trying to follow me (after they were told to ride at their own pace) and I wasn't even pushing it.

As always there is some great advice in this thread.

I think it has all been said but let me just back you up. I get ragged on all the time as well. I ride my Busa calm and cool. I don't have to "show off" for anyone, as soon as they see it's a Busa they know I can whoop on 'em! Just ride the way you want to.

That's one reason I ride alone more often than not, too many children riding 100+ HP land missiles.

I try and ride to the level of those with me. I will step it up but not to where I am out of control if they are better, and I will keep it a little slower for those who are not as good in the seat (that one does not happen to me much).

Here's my 02 cents ... Someone on this forum let it be known that you could get a free track day with NESBA ... sooo ... took the Busa to my first track day at Road Atlanta and had a ball! Was the second slowest (if hitting 150+ is slow) out there - (in the corners but not on the straights) ... here's the point - throughout the day - many riders came up to me with encouragement and virtually ALL commented to stay in MY comfort zone ... it will come. I stayed out of their way (deep in corners) and they were super nice about not blowing me off the track anywhere, all day. .... Some were pros, some were track junkies.
I flew fighters for almost 30 years and most of the guys who didn't make it didn't follow that advice. Been to the Dragon a few times and watched way too many folks on whatever type of bike pushing way way too hard ... and running off lane, off road ... Driving a Busa is crazy fun and crazy fast but if you are crazy scared ... its simply not worth it. At my age it takes a LONG time to heal ... Deadeye

KellyTrackDay0003__Large_.jpg

It's Easy to get Sucked up in the Moment.  DON'T !!!!!!!!!!    People ride for Many Different Reason's.  I have a 1 Year Old, 5 Year Old, and a 8 Year Old, as Well as a 13 Year Old GrandDaughter's. They Call me the BEST PAPA ROB.  
bowdown.gif
 That's is why sometimes I Bring up the Rear on Group Rides with my BUSA.  YOU DON'T have to prove anything to anybody !!!!!!!!  

If they are your TRUE FRIENDS they will Understand.  If not then FU.. EM
kissass.gif

Don't ever let anyone elses riding style dictate how YOU ride.  Everyone rides for different reasons.

I like your answer..riding like I have a 7 month old.  Very cool.  Keep within your comfort zone while on the street.  If you want to push the envelope,  and improve your skills, go to the track.
Amen bro! +1 on this.

I have 3 kids, I push it here and there, but the track is the place to really let things go.

Me and the truck load of gear I wear, go every where together on bike, why cause I have 3 kids!

Back