Touring on a Busa

insigniaworks

Registered
I bought the 3 givi boxes from ebay for a song(£200)

then i thought it would be easy to get pannier frames.....not so

I ended up after much research the only place i could get them was from USA at a lovely total of £460(ouch)

Excellent item (swmotech)..perfect fit...but please if you ever want a set...don't buy them from www.twistedthrottle.com(absolute tossers)took 4 weeks to get them after about 40 emails and 6 telephone calls.

Me and my girlfriend travelled all around europe(7 countries in 10 days)and they work fautlessly.

Many say that the busa isn't a good touring touring bike....but is is.

busa1.jpg

Nice setup...along the lines of what I want to do. If I can find another place that sells the same setup (besides Twistedthrottle.com) I'll take your advice. Where are all the pics from your tour?

That looks like a totally quality setup you have.

I have the venture rear bag setup and if I set it up to ride 2 up, the bike carries the front wheel through 3rd gear without much effort, how does your bike do with all the luggage?

mURI_temp_5bf9979b.jpg

(insigniaworks @ Sep. 04 2007,00:45) I bought the 3 givi boxes from ebay for a song(£200)

then i thought it would be easy to get pannier frames.....not so

I ended up after much research the only place i could get them was from USA at a lovely total of £460(ouch)

Excellent item (swmotech)..perfect fit...but please if you ever want a set...don't buy them from www.twistedthrottle.com(absolute tossers)took 4 weeks to get them after about 40 emails and 6 telephone calls.

Me and my girlfriend travelled all around europe(7 countries in 10 days)and they work fautlessly.

Many say that the busa isn't a good touring touring bike....but is is.
Touring on a BUSA! Life is GRAND!!! Add a set of Helibars and Buell pegs,.......and you will turn your "good" touring bike into a "great" touring bike!! I did mine,............and I love it!!
beerchug.gif

Man thats a lot of luggage. You are set for any occasion.

My question is how long does it take to take all the bags off and whats left on the bike afterwards? Do you have any pics with just the mounts that stay with the bike?

Nice job!

did I hear a "shill" post for footpegs again? 2nd in as many days? (sorry got a weak spot for self promotion of commercial products on message boards)

You'll have a blast I did 39 states in a month tour around the country . All I had was joe rocket saddlebags and a tank bag . But I was by myself. Make sure to post LOTS of pics when you get back!!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back