Panniers on a Busa

andyviv0_2

Registered
Hi every body, new to this, i have a 2003 busa and i can't seem to fit the panniers and still leave enough room for pillion feet to fit on pegs, They are givi Voyager soft panniers, do i need to put back strap across the round tail piece to give more room, one person on another forum puts the panniers on the other way round so the pointed end is facing the front, not only does this look naf but would make them touch the exhaust,any help please?
Andy

Hang on Buddy, Someone will be here in a min to answer that.

Do you have any pictures showing the problem

And :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I run the straps on mine over the seat instead of under.. gives the things about an extra 1 or so of clearance and keeps the right side bag off the can..

This is what DID NOT work... after I ran them over the top, life was good..

DSC_0042.JPG

What kind are they? Are the straps adjustable? I leave mine under the seat, wife does not like sitting on the strap. Welcome to the Org!

What kind are they? Are the straps adjustable? I leave mine under the seat, wife does not like sitting on the strap. Welcome to the Org!
what pipe do you have James? I toasted the bottom of my right side bag :( (could not shorten strap enough)

:welcome:

I have no personal experience with luggage but knowing the .Org you won't be waiting long.

Glad you're here :laugh:

Cut the straps and get some velcro to make them adjustable :banghead:
they already are.. I think it could just be an issue with how the TiForce pipe exits.. these are the bags that Rock found and a lot of us got..

Cut the straps and get some velcro to make them adjustable

the straps on my Oxfords are velcro so they adjust very well. maybe you could modify the Givi's or find something to take the slack out some way?

how does the strap system look on those?

Heres a shot of cortech saddle bags. I run the straps on the bags on top of my rear seat. It can also run under the rear seat also.

Thanks for the pic Big E but the problem is no room for pillions legs, did you mean one strap on top of riders seat and the other underneath pillion seat/
Still doesn't look like enough room for pillions legs on your pic?
Andy

Back