Anybody here affected by US goverment shutdown ?

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Seems it has been going on for a real long time now , and it is prime time news over here even , just wondering how you people are coping with this no pay government shutdown ? I have seen news footage of a lot of peoples budget hit hard by this , families really hurting . I also haven't seen the usual political opinions surface here either , so I am asking , how are you all wearing this ?

Seems it has been going on for a real long time now ,
and it is prime time news over here even ,
just wondering how you people are coping
with this no pay government shutdown ?

I have seen news footage of a lot of
peoples budget hit hard by this ,
families really hurting .

I also have not seen the usual
political opinions surface here either ,
so I am asking , how are you all wearing this ?

Seems it has been going on for a real long time now , and it is prime time news over here even , just wondering how you people are coping with this no pay government shutdown ? I have seen news footage of a lot of peoples budget hit hard by this , families really hurting . I also haven't seen the usual political opinions surface here either , so I am asking , how are you all wearing this ?
I don't work for the fed govt... BUT I would think these workers could hit upp their retirement ension for a low low interest loan.... I have my local retirement system... we get 50 percent of our best 3 years (pension).. and I also have defererd comp(basically a 401 K)…. I can take loans out at any time out of either... no penalty(at least from the pension)…. time to take out a loan.... I would have tried to plan AHEAD of this shutdown...….

Unconscionable. Nancy and Chuck need to come to the table and reasonably negotiate funding for something they’ve supported in the past.
It's a little more complicated than that. Chuck and Nancy have never supported a "wall" , and nor should they. A border barrier is indeed a necessity, but a wall is both logistically impractical and fiscally unsound. It's yet another case of popular rhetoric making for terrible policy. The vast majority of people illegally in the country didn't come in through uncontrolled areas of the southern border, they came through legitimate ports of entry, with the correct paperwork and simply didn't leave. The vast majority of illegal drugs are not carried over uncontrolled areas of the southern border, they travel through legitimate ports of entry hidden among legal imports. Building a wall has historically been an utter failure (think Maginot Line and the Great Wall of China), ending up nothing more than a geographic footnote, there's absolutely no reason to think that this one would fare any better.
I agree that Chuck and Nancy should come to the table and negotiate, along with Mitch allowing a vote on any bill presented to the Senate, not just the ones he likes.

The form the US Government has become since the 1700's is not fair or just. Amendments to the Constitutions were not enough, this country needs to "start from scratch." Then it could be a equal system with opportunities for all. Not this stacked deck system. Ask any Native American !

This current global system is controlled by bankers and corporations. We earn "income" that has a value banking leaders set. These bankers coordinate with corporations to further set values for EVERYTHING.

Try to travel without a passport or visa; try to go completely off grid & not pay taxes; read The American Expatriation Guide to know all the hoops and legal red tape there is to live "free" in the US before the US kicks you out.

... Doesn't affect me ...
... Nancy and Chuck ...

Let's face it if your not in top 1%, a celebrity, superstar or hit the lottery for millions we are all in the same sinking ship. Can you or someone support you and your family with working, investing or collecting from trust or inheritance ? Who profits; again I say PROFITS from the "income" you earn ?

To answer the thread question, yes this shutdown has affected me. It's hurt very deeply.

I don't work for a government agency or institution. I've been fortunate in that respect. It still affects EVERYONE. Those who don't think or believe this concerns them need to wake up and smell the burning coffee !!

I apologize to those who have been affected monetarily by this; I do not wish to compare my hurt to your.

:bowdown:

Last edited:
Mr Brown: Both Chuck and Nancy are on record many times supporting a solid barrier along the border (up to 55 billion was the last I saw) but this is just a stand against Trump as it was a major point he ran on.
My Brother was a Border agent and you would be surprised how much comes over/under/through the open areas of the border. Old El Chappo has tunnels all over the place with pretty elaborate trolley systems. Lbs come in as you suggest TONS go in through these routes.
There is a couple of hundred miles of fence/walls in various stages of disrepair but they still help curb the flow in those areas like San Diego. (very successful there)
We have thousands of miles of walls in the USA for crime deterrent to simple noise barriers and they all get the job done.
When Nancy declares when asked,I would give 1.00 the arrogance is apparent and no way to even work with her.
BTW Obama even gave a pretty moving speech about the need for beefing up the incomplete walls along the border allowing too many gangs etc enter.
And no sir the vast majority of illegals just wander in across the "creek" down there, the problem with what you are told is the figures are based on the laughable 11 million figure they have fed us for 8-10 years. It is more than 30 mil and that is conservative at that.

Unconscionable. Nancy and Chuck need to come to the table and reasonably negotiate funding for something they’ve supported in the past.
Yea, because Democrats have supported wasting 5 billion on a dumb wall. Most Dems would agree that money could be better spent elsewhere, education, health care, vets.

One thing I will tell you Mr Toadster is what you hear over there has NOTHING to do with reality as any news sent your way is complete BS.
The very first check that did not go out on Friday they had people saying on the next Tuesday that they were being evicted, cars repoed, etc etc etc.
It would be 30 days before any creditor even knew a payment wasn't made and many more before they would make a move like that. All of my financial institutions (bank accts credit cards etc) have sent me notices asking if this affects me offering deferrals and even interest free loans.
Most government departments have set aside large funds to cover 60 days or more because they have shutdowns so often they want to be able to cover payroll. That is why they only site The Coast Guard in the news because most other depts were funded in Dec and the few that weren't they covered themselves as I said and the Coast guard and IRS (who cares) aren't covered.
And the Border Patrol agents say yes we will miss a few checks BUT we support the need for a wall/barrier so we support Mr Trump.

Bottom line is this is why they keep calling it a "partial shutdown" I don't recall it ever being called that. ;<)

What do you suppose would happen if us taxpayers retaliated and just said "you know I just don't think I will pay my taxes this month"! #TAXATION-WITHOUT-REPRESENTATION.
When I first started researching the IRS laws there were 40 million people refusing to comply with the demands of the IRS (I don't even like typing this on the internet) ;<) and the last figures were 60+ million and growing and that was a few years ago. I think that is why they are kicking around "fair tax" and other systems that might be legal according to the Constitution.
The big fight is the IRS is just a control of the masses tool and they don't want to give that up.
My point is 60 +million NOW do say "You know I just don't want to pay their tax demands this year"

... Trump ...
... Democrats ...

We, and I mean the global collective "we," need to forget about political parties and affiliations to focus on the real problem facing us all.

... government departments have set aside large funds ...

It's the global political and economic monopolies we all should be concerned with.

US citizens, ask yourself these questions; why isn't the Federal Reserve Bank not considered a foreign company ? Why has no political party ever purpose a plan to regain control of the US dollar from the Federal Reserve Bank ?

The lines designed to separate us only work if we allow them too.

United we stand, divided we fall. Not as a country but as people !!

We, and I mean the global collective "we," need to forget about political parties and affiliations to focus on the real problem facing us .

It's the global political and economic monopolies we all should be concerned with.

US citizens, ask yourself these questions; why isn't the Federal Reserve Bank not considered a foreign company ? Why has no political party ever purpose a plan to regain control of the US dollar from the Federal Reserve Bank ?

The Federal Reserve is not run by the government. It is a bank that loans money at an absurd rate. It was started by the likes of John D Rockafeller who used a pydsonym so people wouldn't know he was the crook. Every senator and congressman knows what's going on, that's why they are the ones who need flushed out!

We, and I mean the global collective "we," need to forget about political parties and affiliations to focus on the real problem facing us all.

There is a big gang of corrupt thugs in Washington that have picked team players like we kids in the neighborhood did when playing ball. One team calls itself the Dems and the other team calls itself the repub. but they all play for the same neighborhood. Pick an issue, immigration, okay, There are 3-4 trillion to be made on Illegals in the next two years from many issues like for one detention centers like the massive ones built in Texas. Can you imagine being THE Senator that picks what flat screen TVs are to be used? How about mattresses, night stands etc? Big bribes ahead as these are not convicted people, nor are they prisons so they have to have livable accommodations. So one team says "You claim we are for the votes and we will say you are for cheap labor and the citizens will chase their tails arguing for years over it, okay? good lets go play some golf!

Sure the ones with the big money like Monsanto always say " He was the best politician money could buy!"
Most politicians get too much money from the Private Fed Res. and the few decent ones say "They have the guns so what are you going to do?" (Ron Paul 2006ish)
BTW the IRS is a collection agency for the Fed Reserve. Not one dime goes to services, it makes me cringe when I hear people say "we must all pay our fair share of taxes for schools and roads." Schools are paid by real estate taxes and roads by gas taxes and you can always tell a dem controlled state because the funds are stolen and the roads are in disrepair. All taxes collected by the IRS go to the Federal Reserve bank as interest on the debt.

Look at some of the opinions on this forum and you see that even here where 99 % of us respect each other and very much LIKE each other, BUT we still allow them to separate us.
Every issue there are people working on what will trigger us to be divided.

The Federal Reserve is not run by the government. It is a bank that loans money at an absurd rate. It was started by the likes of John D Rockafeller who used a pydsonym so people wouldn't know he was the crook. Every senator and congressman knows what's going on, that's why they are the ones who need flushed out!
Specifically JP Morgan John D's Father in law, Secretary of treasury Abraham Pitts Andrew, Frank Vanderlip, Benjamin Strong head of JP Morgan banks and Paul Warburg head of Rothschild bank of England
Things that cost 20 bucks in 1812 coust roughly the same in 1912 BUT look at what happened between 1913 and every decade since. Money is worthless since that cabal began because they can just print money at will, with few limitations.

It's a little more complicated than that. Chuck and Nancy have never supported a "wall" , and nor should they. A border barrier is indeed a necessity, but a wall is both logistically impractical and fiscally unsound. It's yet another case of popular rhetoric making for terrible policy. The vast majority of people illegally in the country didn't come in through uncontrolled areas of the southern border, they came through legitimate ports of entry, with the correct paperwork and simply didn't leave. The vast majority of illegal drugs are not carried over uncontrolled areas of the southern border, they travel through legitimate ports of entry hidden among legal imports. Building a wall has historically been an utter failure (think Maginot Line and the Great Wall of China), ending up nothing more than a geographic footnote, there's absolutely no reason to think that this one would fare any better.
I agree that Chuck and Nancy should come to the table and negotiate, along with Mitch allowing a vote on any bill presented to the Senate, not just the ones he likes.
Except the Democrats supported building a wall in Yuma Az in 2006. Upon it's completion the rate of illegal entries dropped by 90%

So there is some credible facts that back up the need.

When I first started researching the IRS laws there were 40 million people refusing to comply with the demands of the IRS (I don't even like typing this on the internet) ;<) and the last figures were 60+ million and growing and that was a few years ago. I think that is why they are kicking around "fair tax" and other systems that might be legal according to the Constitution.
The big fight is the IRS is just a control of the masses tool and they don't want to give that up.
My point is 60 +million NOW do say "You know I just don't want to pay their tax demands this year"
I have to sadly admit that I have not paid taxes in 3 years. I’m at a point where I’m screwed because I don’t even have the means to pay the back taxes. Lost w2’s....no idea of what my income was.
The problem I face is I am salaried at 100,000 annually. If I was to let them tax me at the single individual I technically am ( I’m not married only engaged and the daughter we have is from her previous relationship) I could never stay afloat. They tax so much in the bracket I fall that I make the same amount of money that I took home at $40-$45,000 annual salary.
I claim 10 dependents just so we can survive and when I run the numbers at the end of the year I wind up owing $8,000 + to the government that I can’t afford to pay. So 3 years I just have not paid it. I know I am basically screwed when they do realize I have not paid but I have no other means.

Back