Anybody here affected by US goverment shutdown ?

Except the Democrats supported building a wall in Yuma Az in 2006. Upon it's completion the rate of illegal entries dropped by 90%

So there is some credible facts that back up the need.
Where a wall is a viable option for success it should absolutely be included. A wall as desired by the administration is problematic for many reasons, and this is where the problem lies. The focus of the administration must shift away from campaign rhetoric towards something achievable.

Mr Brown: Both Chuck and Nancy are on record many times supporting a solid barrier along the border (up to 55 billion was the last I saw) but this is just a stand against Trump as it was a major point he ran on.
My Brother was a Border agent and you would be surprised how much comes over/under/through the open areas of the border. Old El Chappo has tunnels all over the place with pretty elaborate trolley systems. Lbs come in as you suggest TONS go in through these routes.
There is a couple of hundred miles of fence/walls in various stages of disrepair but they still help curb the flow in those areas like San Diego. (very successful there)
We have thousands of miles of walls in the USA for crime deterrent to simple noise barriers and they all get the job done.
When Nancy declares when asked,I would give 1.00 the arrogance is apparent and no way to even work with her.
BTW Obama even gave a pretty moving speech about the need for beefing up the incomplete walls along the border allowing too many gangs etc enter.
And no sir the vast majority of illegals just wander in across the "creek" down there, the problem with what you are told is the figures are based on the laughable 11 million figure they have fed us for 8-10 years. It is more than 30 mil and that is conservative at that.
Respectfully, you're wrong on most of those points. A solid barrier is not possible for the entire length of the border, treaties, land owners and geology prevent it. A fence and a wall are not the same thing. The anecdotal experience of your brother is not supported by the evidence. Suggestions that Democrats don't want secure borders are laughably false, and Nancy is indeed arrogant (I'm not a fan) but her arrogance pales in comparison to the manner in which McConnell paralyzes the Senate. The country who's citizens make up the largest portion of the illegal population is our neighbor to the north, I find it highly unlikely that they entered across the creek....

I have to sadly admit that I have not paid taxes in 3 years. I’m at a point where I’m screwed because I don’t even have the means to pay the back taxes. Lost w2’s....no idea of what my income was.
The problem I face is I am salaried at 100,000 annually. If I was to let them tax me at the single individual I technically am ( I’m not married only engaged and the daughter we have is from her previous relationship) I could never stay afloat. They tax so much in the bracket I fall that I make the same amount of money that I took home at $40-$45,000 annual salary.
I claim 10 dependents just so we can survive and when I run the numbers at the end of the year I wind up owing $8,000 + to the government that I can’t afford to pay. So 3 years I just have not paid it. I know I am basically screwed when they do realize I have not paid but I have no other means.
They sometimes offer you some immunity on back taxes if you come forward voluntarily. I'd get a good tax attorney to help here.

Secondly, they will work out a payment plan. The plan cannot be so costly that you are unable to live or provide. There actually is a Form 911 that you can file over this.

I promise the worst thing you can do is nothing. Been there, done that. They simply take your bank accounts, assets and garnish you forever til it's paid off. They don't eff around. I got into them for 250K at one time. Took me about 8 years to pay that off.

I could have gotten off at about 80K if I would have just sucked it up and took that hit up front.

They sometimes offer you some immunity on back taxes if you come forward voluntarily. I'd get a good tax attorney to help here.

Secondly, they will work out a payment plan. The plan cannot be so costly that you are unable to live or provide. There actually is a Form 911 that you can file over this.

I promise the worst thing you can do is nothing. Been there, done that. They simply take your bank accounts, assets and garnish you forever til it's paid off. They don't eff around. I got into them for 250K at one time. Took me about 8 years to pay that off.

I could have gotten off at about 80K if I would have just sucked it up and took that hit up front.
Thanks man I really appreciate the insight I am thinking I will start researching. I told the GF that this year I will be sucking it up and just changing my dependents down to 1 or 2 and we just face the music that the take home will be less. With any luck I can at least stop owing.

I figure if I had to guesstimate I owe maybe $24-$25,000. $250k is deep, must be a sigh of relief getting past that.

Where a wall is a viable option for success it should absolutely be included. A wall as desired by the administration is problematic for many reasons, and this is where the problem lies. The focus of the administration must shift away from campaign rhetoric towards something achievable.
Trump is not attempting a 2000 mile wall. That's all CNN etc propoganda. He wants to build them in high traffic areas or bolster them where they have been torn down etc.

Let me also add, we have 12 foot high concrete walls that span 2000 miles of our interstates that are used for sound abatement that could work nicely. And nobody bitched about what they cost.

https://mobile.wnd.com/2005/10/32740/

Respectfully, you're wrong on most of those points. A solid barrier is not possible for the entire length of the border, treaties, land owners and geology prevent it. A fence and a wall are not the same thing. The anecdotal experience of your brother is not supported by the evidence. Suggestions that Democrats don't want secure borders are laughably false, and Nancy is indeed arrogant (I'm not a fan) but her arrogance pales in comparison to the manner in which McConnell paralyzes the Senate. The country who's citizens make up the largest portion of the illegal population is our neighbor to the north, I find it highly unlikely that they entered across the creek....
I live in Iowa little further north I have never met a Canadian. Legal or illegal. But I personally met 100+ people that were illegal from Mexico. I have not researched the illigal imigration from Canada but I just don’t believe the US has more illigal Imigrants than Mexico.

I have to sadly admit that I have not paid taxes in 3 years. I’m at a point where I’m screwed because I don’t even have the means to pay the back taxes. Lost w2’s....no idea of what my income was.
The problem I face is I am salaried at 100,000 annually. If I was to let them tax me at the single individual I technically am ( I’m not married only engaged and the daughter we have is from her previous relationship) I could never stay afloat. They tax so much in the bracket I fall that I make the same amount of money that I took home at $40-$45,000 annual salary.
I claim 10 dependents just so we can survive and when I run the numbers at the end of the year I wind up owing $8,000 + to the government that I can’t afford to pay. So 3 years I just have not paid it. I know I am basically screwed when they do realize I have not paid but I have no other means.
Do you own property or put money into a 401k? I know of several single 30 something year old people making north of 6 figures and don’t owe money at the end of the year, but they are home owners, claim 0 dependents and put 8-10% of their income into a 401k. I Have a friend who was in your shoes and just got a good tax person to get his stuff squared away and in order.

Trump is not attempting a 2000 mile wall. That's all CNN etc propoganda. He wants to build them in high traffic areas or bolster them where they have been torn down etc.

Let me also add, we have 12 foot high concrete walls that span 2000 miles of our interstates that are used for sound abatement that could work nicely. And nobody bitched about what they cost.

https://mobile.wnd.com/2005/10/32740/
Great point. We say billion and in our personal budget it like talking about nickels. I feel the easiest solution is fixing the employment. If it was harder/impossible for employers to employ illigals we wouldn’t need a wall.

He absolutely does want a 2000 mile wall, he's said it himself on multiple occasions.
And noise abatement walls abate noise. They're effective. The wall Trump wants doesn't solve the problem of illegal immigration, drug trafficking or anything else. It was a stupid campaign promise which was never executable. Just like locking up Clinton, just because he wants to do something, doesn't mean he can. That's the difference between running a successful campaign and successfully running a government. You can camoaing and win on absolutes. Governing requires compromise.

Great point. We say billion and in our personal budget it like talking about nickels. I feel the easiest solution is fixing the employment. If it was harder/impossible for employers to employ illigals we wouldn’t need a wall.
A valid point missed by most politicians and talking heads. Just like the flow of illegal drugs, if you remove the demand, the supply will disappear.

Thanks man I really appreciate the insight I am thinking I will start researching. I told the GF that this year I will be sucking it up and just changing my dependents down to 1 or 2 and we just face the music that the take home will be less. With any luck I can at least stop owing.

I figure if I had to guesstimate I owe maybe $24-$25,000. $250k is deep, must be a sigh of relief getting past that.
My first year of claiming married. I was pist when my wife that makes a little over 42k claimed 5 paid a little over 1k in federal taxes. I paid $9,700 claiming 0 at 67k a year and are expecting a refund around 3k. So combined we make 109 and with us and 3 kids that put us at paying just over 3k federal. I get some deductions for work.

I live in Iowa little further north I have never met a Canadian. Legal or illegal. But I personally met 100+ people that were illegal from Mexico. I have not researched the illigal imigration from Canada but I just don’t believe the US has more illigal Imigrants than Mexico.
How would you know if you'd met a Canadian? The smell of maple syrup? Listen for the "eh"? I'm being funny, but at the same time I'm not. We are fed a specific image of what illegal aliens look like, and they don't all fit that description.
Unchecked immigration is a problem, but the current administration's solution wouldn't solve it even if it were implimented.

A valid point missed by most politicians and talking heads. Just like the flow of illegal drugs, if you remove the demand, the supply will disappear.
Illigal drugs are cheaper. The demand will only get lager by the normalization of marijuana. The more states legalize it will only make the illigal drug trade weaker.

How would you know if you'd met a Canadian? The smell of maple syrup? Listen for the "eh"? I'm being funny, but at the same time I'm not. We are fed a specific image of what illegal aliens look like, and they don't all fit that description.
Unchecked immigration is a problem, but the current administration's solution wouldn't solve it even if it were implimented.
People talk. Not a smell..... Unless Canadians are asamed of where they come from and Mexicans are proud... I’m only speaking from my experiences not trying to talk about stereotypes.

That's debatable, but I meant remove the demand by addressing the societal and mental health issues which contribute significantly to the levels of illicit drug use in this country.
Agreed.... How to fix that would be a great debate that I would love to hear. Mental heath issues hit so many more issues that just drug use and I see it all the time at one of my locations of work.

Do you own property or put money into a 401k? I know of several single 30 something year old people making north of 6 figures and don’t owe money at the end of the year, but they are home owners, claim 0 dependents and put 8-10% of their income into a 401k. I Have a friend who was in your shoes and just got a good tax person to get his stuff squared away and in order.
I have a 401k I contribute to. My dad was saying I should contribute more and it’ll help. I don’t own a home or property, the only 2 things I own outright are my duramax and my Busa. I will start seeking, I wonder what they charge.

Agreed.... How to fix that would be a great debate that I would love to hear. Mental heath issues hit so many more issues that just drug use and I see it all the time at one of my locations of work.
My better half is the clinical director of a large mental health provider in this state, the way we treat people with mental health issues is shameful.

Back