Maxton Sept 19-20

Probably gonna ride up from the coast with some other folks just to watch, hope to meet some of you guys there.

I'll be there :thumbsup:

There's gonna be more than a few trying to push for their "double-a" license. :cheerleader:

I'm # 9347
Sorry I don't tend to take many pics of myself.
154863d1250709754-maxton-sept-19-20-dscf1722.jpg

:O Wow, nice pic of Walt's butt! :lol: Don't show him that! :poke:

Debbie

Deb,

You know Walt... he always like to be close to all of the action. :laugh:

btw, Happy Birthday! :cheerleader:

:laugh:

Thanks!

Did you get your bike sorted out? Determine the latest gremlin?

My bike is down. :( Sheared the output shaft on Monday at Loring! :11doh:
Time for the HD upgrade! Hard to believe since I'm running relatively low HP! Luckily it happened costing into the pit with fast Shane just putting around on it so it wasn't a catastrophic outcome, just a huh, that sucks! :lol: So I'll be at Maxton in support mode/umbrella girl status! :cheerleader:

I haven't had much time to work on the bike lately :banghead:. Work's been a bit uber busy. I did check all of my sensors and they're all within spec. I also checked the harness as well. I've norrowed it down and plan on having it sorted for Sept.

Sorry to hear about the shaft. Thank God it wasn't during a run. With so many different riders taking the ol' girl for a spin I'm glad it happened in the pit area vs during a run. Was it still a stock trans and bearings? I guess if you're replacing it then she's not going into retirement after all. :thumbsup:

You do a great job as the umbrella girl :laugh: Daisey dukes next time? :beerchug:

P8026049.jpg

You end up getting your clutch situation straightened out commuta?

I know you had a lender in there for a few runs...

Yea I had to borrow a used bone stock assembly for Loring. That sucker couldn't put down any power. :rofl: Thankfully Deb/Todd had some stiffer springs but I never got a chance to feel things out with them at the race. My clutch is all back together and ready for testing. It always takes a little more time when things aren't off the shelf items. :banghead:

You end up getting your clutch situation straightened out commuta?

I know you had a lender in there for a few runs...

I may drive up to spectate! Anyone else coming up from Florida??

Did you find anyone in Florida coming up?

I know a fella on a ZX14 in FL. He is going to be out of country for the Sept event, but will probably make the Oct event.

Good to see ya round here Debbie :thumbsup: Sorry to hear ya got the shaft :whistle:

How ya doin Dof3?!!

Well I have to tell you for my birthday I got a BIGGER, STRONGER, BEEFIER shaft!!! I'm SOOOOO excited!!! Just can't wait to get it in there & try it out!!! :laugh:

:cheerleader:

Debbie

How ya doin Dof3?!!

Well I have to tell you for my birthday I got a BIGGER, STRONGER, BEEFIER shaft!!! I'm SOOOOO excited!!! Just can't wait to get it in there & try it out!!! :laugh:

Debbie

That is the craziest post I've seen out of you... :rofl:

Good luck at Maxton and make sure we get the details and plenty of pix :rofl:

Sorry to hear about the shaft. Thank God it wasn't during a run. With so many different riders taking the ol' girl for a spin I'm glad it happened in the pit area vs during a run. Was it still a stock trans and bearings? I guess if you're replacing it then she's not going into retirement after all. :thumbsup:

Just realized I didn't actually respond to this in print! :whistle:

Yeah we had Joe Timney suited up & getting ready to hop on next. We take good care of the bike so we're not worried about putting others on it but who the heck would have thought to check that! We had just changed the front sprocket not too long ago and everything looked fine. It was a strange set of circumstances that got us there. Like I said Joe was suiting up to run just as Racheal went down in shut down. I rode down there to help out on my bike with NO gear & sneakers. I never do that but the place was wide open with only like 2 dozen people there. Extremely low risk per say. Fast Shane rode the bike back to the pit and that's when it happened. So about 5 miles on the bike after Donna's 205 run! Joe would have accelerated on the bike so sheesh. It could have been really ugly had that sequence of events not happened in that order. BTW, Racheal is fine, her elbows were rashed but that was the only injury. The bike has the usual cosmetic issues but still rolled and I believe fired up ok once back home.

So yes all stock components in that area. My bike is essentially all stock except for adding the N2O. We've done cosmetic things like billet covers & the low profile tank but pretty much all of the moving working components are stock. We're now going to upgrade to the HD output shaft.

I've done what I wanted to do with the bike so now we're more open to sharing the ride which we're doing with some of the teams we're working with as well as some people that just plain deserve a ride for all of their hard work! (IE: the Timneys!)

Ok, back to work for me!
See y'all in a couple of weeks!
Debbie

Debbie

Poor Todd :rofl:

Like I said Joe was suiting up to run just as Racheal went down in shut down.

I heard Rachael ran really good, either 225 or 228 depending on where you look...I had not heard that she went down until now. Oil get her~?~

Glad she is ok.

Poor Todd? He's the one that bought it & wrote that in my card! :rofl:

She ran a best of 228 Sunday. Strong cross winds on Monday. We suspect she got pushed hard after the traps and it seems while she was breaking hard, possibly a little too much on the front brake (?), she went over a small tar patch on a seam and the front tire washed. It was a low side without an abrupt impact so she faired well with only the elbow rash from the slide. No oil, no fluid spill at all.

Really glad Rachael came out ok~!~

Don't know if this link will work or not

PhotoReflect - DW PHOTOS

Funny you mention the cross wind (not funny about Rachael). This was a run in April. I only ran a little below 180mph. My buddy comes up and says what in the world happened, why so slow?

I told him I had a cross wind blow me sideways twice towards the finish line. I'm sure it sounded like an excuse, but later I found this picture on the DW photos web site. I'm no longer tucked and check out the bike leaning sideways into the wind~!~

Back