Maxton, nc

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Anyone going to the Top Speed Challenge in Maxton, North Carloina
rock.gif
(you fortunate people who live around there
tounge.gif
) ? It will be held Sept 23-24 and all bikes must be STREET LEGAL with lights and tags. Top holder now is Lee Shierts on his 260 mph HAYABUSA
wow.gif
!!! Lots of
guns.gif
cow-a-wacky 14 Rs
moderator.gif
are suppose to be there to unseat him. There will also be a trophy given to the person who can get the closest to 150.000000 . Which makes a Truly Stock Busa a player along with soom 600 cc's. Wish I could go, but can't
down.gif
. You guys in the area, and there are Lots of Ya, this is a must do thing. Hope you can all go .  
slider1.gif

I'm guna be there fo' sho! already had a post up askn for help with gearing/mods/etc. for my to-do list before i go so i can get into the 200club; my only goal is to a)hit 200mph in the standing mile n, b)embarass sum punk-ass on his ZX-14 who actually believes all the hype put out on his FUGLY a$$ bike, n blow him away on the street n the track!

Well, ya got at least ONE guy rooting for ya  
race.gif

Sick'em Boy --- Sick'em
slider1.gif

Wish I could go but no luck this year...
sad.gif

P.S...the 260mph BUSA that Lee ran is actually Rich Yancy's bike...
wink.gif

I don't know whether you guys that are local...They arte at maxton RIGHT NOW doing timed runs...GOOD LUCK DAVEO and CHARLIE....

I'm going to the September event. Should be alot of fun! HOT but fun!

Just did some shake downs over this past weekend to get all of my licensing/qualifying out of the way. I wish I could go a again before september but it's not in my budget (distance/time/costs). Hopefully my setup wont be to far off so I can tweek Sat and get some good speeds in on Sunday. I know I wont take it in n.a. but I just hope to post well in the standings.

Are you going to try for the 200 mph club
rock.gif

Hope you do well, and then let us know ! Good
alien.gif
or Bad  
down.gif

We'll be watching
lurk.gif

for me to make the 200mph club I would have to break DaveO's record of 219... by the time of the event I'm sure he'll have raised the bar to 220-223. I did 201 but my front felt lite. Once I get the chassis sorted out it'll run better but 220+ is waaaay above my abilities. It takes alot of power out of a n.a. engine to come close to that and rider skill and aero's are huge at those levels! It'll still be fun though!

Back