Good thing movies never affect people

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
little known to the general public that some types of activites are banned or censored from movies because history has PROVEN over time that people IMMITATE movies.  many, many examples I will not cite here, just know that is a fact.

JUNO movie.  teenager becomes pregnant on purpose

High school:  17 teens make a PACT to get PREGNANT.  We've all seen this news.  

What are people doing?  Has all parenting evaporated?

No... no, I'm sure a movie like that had NO INFLUENCE WHAT SO EVER in their pact.  I believe that because I am blind and stupid.  
smile.gif

On the flip side, I do not believe our society is setup right in the first place.  Everything is illegal until you are 18 but you are BOMBARDED with nothing but sexual imagery from the time you start noticing it at puberty.

But nobody seems to care.  And why shoudl I care?  I don't even have kids.  It's just sad

long live free speech no matter how destructive it can be.
go ahead and tell your girlfriend she is ugly in the name of free speech and tell me that is not destructive

You almost kinda beat me to my "Hollywood is killing the gun community" thread... Really, it's more than just the gun community, but all in general. And with that, I'm gonna post that thread now.

Correction:  Juno never puprposely got pregnant AND she put the baby up for adoption.  I don't think it's fair for people to blame this movie b/c of these girls.  I mean they had all planned to raise all of their kids together.  Juno gave her kid away for adoption b/c she KNEW that she could not provide well enough for the baby and she was too young. I'm just sayin'
winkold.gif

I'd be more inclined to blame this on the Jamie Lynn Spears situation. Talk about a lack of parenting skills...who would let their 16 year old daughter go live with her 18 year old boy friend? Life imitates Celebrity is more appropriate. After a high-profile celebrity overdose, there is a significant increase in the presence of that drug.

its all what you instill in kids, you have to teach them right from wrong, our parents did the same, its just sometimes a few slip up and go our and try those things, yes movies impress kids, hell they impress me sometimes but i still know right from wrong....just my
2cents.gif

I have to chime in one more time. If children haven't had any significant interaction with their parents and all of those bratty things they do that were so "cute" at age 2 are allowed to go one with no consequences, parents need to remember that they can't wake up on their child's 15th birthday and expect that child to instantly be a "good" person. One can't expect to automatically have a good relationship with your child when they get to an age "you like." It's literally a lifetime of persistant and consistant teaching. No has to mean no every time, not just until the kid starts whining. Children learn as much by example as by any other means. The moment you become a parent, you aren't living your life for yourself any longer - you live for that child and it lasts until the day you die.

I am by no means a perfect parent. I know I've made tons of mistakes and I hope my kids do right in spite of that. But these are things I try to apply every day.

If I keep adding
2cents.gif
I'll be at a dollar pretty soon.

yep so true!

Another WORSE part about this is, thanks to the media [again] for spreading this idea... uh, I mean important "news" information, I bet there will be other little girls jumping on that band wagon.

parents or lack of or not, girls will hear of this and think it's their answer too.

THANKS MEDIA!

the first part of JUNO I saw, it was on purpose with a good guy friend. VERY intentional. maybe i missed something, I wasn't really paying attention. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it might be quite good. but people imitate movies. Natural Born Killers comes to mind - there was a rash of copy cat murders after that flick was released. it is sad

you mean the statement .. lets go get some popcorn and watch a movie ..is now a myth? <--- sarcasm.

the first part of JUNO I saw, it was on purpose with a good guy friend.  VERY intentional.  maybe i missed something, I wasn't really paying attention.  I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it might be quite good.  but people imitate movies.  Natural Born Killers comes to mind - there was a rash of copy cat murders after that flick was released.  it is sad
Nah the pregnancy wasn't intentional, just the sex.  She was drinking all that Sunny-D because she needed to pee alot so that she could take all of those different pregnancy tests, hoping that she would get one that wouldn't tell her that she was pregnant. I totally agree with ya, though.  It is sad how it seems that so many parents expect the schools and governemnt to protect and "raise" their kids nowadays.

Havent seen Juno...but it all comes down to parenting. I read about the pact the girls made and i think they are continueing go on with it because of the parents. Parents dont want their babies to struggle so they take care of the babies buy food diapers and all kinds of stuff even pay for daycare.

Now if the first girl go pregnant and the parents made her work, take care of teh baby whenever she cried and curtailed her hanging out the other girls would see that babies suck, but they see that things are going well with a baby.

I have a sister in law the same way, been preg about 4-5 times and she doesnt learn becasue her parents pay for everything. Even when she moved out they pay all her bills, pay all the kid stuff. hell they even pay for daycare through the week while mom sits at home doing nothing. It's just bad parenting. Let my ass would have had a kid in highschool.

Please discipline your children if you have them!

Havent seen Juno...but it all comes down to parenting. I read about the pact the girls made and i think they are continueing go on with it because of the parents. Parents dont want their babies to struggle so they take care of the babies buy food diapers and all kinds of stuff even pay for daycare.

Now if the first girl go pregnant and the parents made her work, take care of teh baby whenever she cried and curtailed her hanging out the other girls would see that babies suck, but they see that things are going well with a baby.

I have a sister in law the same way, been preg about 4-5 times and she doesnt learn becasue her parents pay for everything. Even when she moved out they pay all her bills, pay all the kid stuff. hell they even pay for daycare through the week while mom sits at home doing nothing. It's just bad parenting. Let my ass would have had a kid in highschool.
+1 on not intentional, had to watch whole movie. I was talked into watching it and hated it at first. Turned out to be ok.

but wait.. She CHOOSE to have sex. She was old enough to KNOW the outcome of said activity... how is that NOT intentional? Accident or not, we ALL KNOW the potential outcome of planting seeds in that garden

In 'Juno' the intent was sex, not to get pregnant. She didn't wake up in the morning and say, "Hmmm, I think I'm going to get pregnant today."

Subtle difference there.

The movie was about humanity and choices. I don't think anyone who watched the whole thing through would be immediately thinking about having a kid. Perhaps just the ones that saw the first 10 minutes and weren't really paying attention in the first place.

I agree with Greg. The point of sex is to make babies. Yes, it may be a fun thing to do, but the fact remains, it makes babies. Having sex and not expecting to get pregnant (especially if you don't use protection) is like drinking beer and not expecting to get drunk. It may be fun, but the point of the product is still there.

"Parents, have you ever tried turning OFF the tv...sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?"
-Bender

what are the schools really telling the students by handing out FREE contraceptives? Go ahead but use this... They need to be pushing no sex not safe sex

Back