Our Recesion - Is Anybody Listening?

Cookie

Registered
This movie clip just aired on this evenings news and it is getting the attention of President Obama.

icon2.gif
- Is Anybody Listening? A testament by Village Academy High School Students on the Economic Crisis[/url]

I know this thread will be read by people all over this world and also know that the recession is effecting us all, big, small, rich, wealthy, young and old alike.

It IS painful, it sometimes seems like we are all alone and have no recourse. When we see the children suffering, it just makes it harder.

I don't how else to say this, but hold on my friends,,, some way, somehow with each others support,,,, we WILL make it through this!

Last edited by a moderator:
We Will ( make it through this). Chin up and we are proud. Really is disheartning though to struggle along when some rich people get millions in bonus money. 200 thousand would do me just fine. Always look further down the road and you will find someone worse off than you. THese kids brought a tear to my eye because they were truly sincere about what they were saying. I personaly think our government is in the wrong gear but who cares, I'm just a WORKING MAN. Just my opinion.

Of course we will.
None of us is going to lay down and die.
It would be nice if the ones in control had some common sense and could help ...
even a little bit, but even without their help and even in spite of them we will get through this.

We survived the 1930's.

We survived the 1970's.

We survived the early 1980's. (This one was one that sticks with me to this day)

It is tough out there for many today, as it has been in the past and will certainly be again some day in the future. I hope these kids understand that everything is cyclical and these challenges can and will be overcome in time with individual and collective effort, as well as some degree of sacrifice.

They have the ability to exit this downturn feeling a victim, or leave it feeling empowered by the challenge they have endured and overcome. I hope someone is out there in these kids lives who can bring this to their attention.

We survived the 1930's.

We survived the 1970's.

We survived the early 1980's. (This one was one that sticks with me to this day)

It is tough out there for many today, as it has been in the past and will certainly be again some day in the future. I hope these kids understand that everything is cyclical and these challenges can and will be overcome in time with individual and collective effort, as well as some degree of sacrifice.

They have the ability to exit this downturn feeling a victim, or leave it feeling empowered by the challenge they have endured and overcome. I hope someone is out there in these kids lives who can bring this to their attention.

You know how we made it through those. Even the 80's recession? Tax cuts. NOT spending. It's going to be longer before we get out of it at this rate.

Back