Bike Keyless Ignition System

I wanted to let everyone know that I have a working prototype on my bike right now.
I think it's pretty kool.
The pictures are simply where I chose to install the antenna and the brains of the kit.
The kits will offer a waterproof plug 'n play install into the green ignition harness you can see in one of the pictures.
Nothing needs to be cut or spliced.
You will be supplied with a prepped harness that is wrapped in tex-flex and heat shrunk. This harness will need to be run to the battery to supply the unit with power and ground, it will be prepped with an in line fuse holder and ring terminals for easy installation.

More pictures soon.
:thumbsup:

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Looks oddly similar.. are you going to build your own kit or adapt something like this to the Hayabusa?

There is a little more to it than that, but for now that reader is the basis.
Prototyping has to start somewhere and needs to be feasable.
Much like the GPI I am developing, I've gone through several components, materials and ways of fabricating until a product worth sharing was realized.

Last edited by a moderator:
For suggestions and questions please email me at info at echobasegroup dot ca.
I am trying to keep within the rules of the forum by keeping this thread to just updates on the progress, options and availability of the product.

:beerchug:

Hello Everyone,

I've had an RFID Keyless Ignition System on my bike for about 6 months with great success.
I'm attaching a picture of a kit about to be assembled.
I've been working on reducing the size of whats needed, so far that's gone very well.
The Harness is Plug and Play with original Suzuki Ignition Plugs on it.
All connectors are water tight connectors, pin connections are soldered and crimped, other exposed connections are soldered and then protected by heat shrunk that has an adhesive lining inside.
All harnesses are covered in an expandable braided sleeving.

Please email with any questions!

IMG_1774.jpg

This works pretty much like the FoB on my Harley right? Have to be close to the bike for it to start, but once it's started it will stay running. If you shut it off, gotta have the fob close to start it again.

This works pretty much like the FoB on my Harley right? Have to be close to the bike for it to start, but once it's started it will stay running. If you shut it off, gotta have the fob close to start it again.

Hey Don, It does not work quite like that, no.
You need to swipe the tag within proximity of the reader, that toggles the ignition on. Swipe it again and it toggles it off.

I appreciate your ingenuity and ability to put this into an actual functioning system, but what is so hard about using a key? One big negative with a keyless FOB system is that if you leave the key in your other pants or on your garage work bench the bike will either fail when you are out of range or not restart when you are ready to go again after shutting off the engine, depending on the type of system. I can't see this system being reliable, particularly for someone who does a lot of traveling far from home. It just seems like a lot of complexity to replace a key that has worked so well for generations. I strive to make my bikes simpler with less potential for failure. My fail-safe system is another key ty-wrapped under a cowling just in case I lose my key. Cost me $7.

Well it does add a bit of deterrent for the unsophisticated criminal. So if the price is right I would go for that.

I appreciate your ingenuity and ability to put this into an actual functioning system, but what is so hard about using a key? One big negative with a keyless FOB system is that if you leave the key in your other pants or on your garage work bench the bike will either fail when you are out of range or not restart when you are ready to go again after shutting off the engine, depending on the type of system. I can't see this system being reliable, particularly for someone who does a lot of traveling far from home. It just seems like a lot of complexity to replace a key that has worked so well for generations. I strive to make my bikes simpler with less potential for failure. My fail-safe system is another key ty-wrapped under a cowling just in case I lose my key. Cost me $7.

A Harley can be started without a fob, if you know your code that is.

Hello Samaki,

Thank you for your thoughts, really. I agree with you on your points. There is no real advantage to doing it this way, it is a different, more complicated way of doing what the key does. Some may find something like this kool enough to want.
Just to be clear, this system does not work on proximity. It's similar to the system used at commercial offices or some apartment buildings, there is a reader mounted on a wall, you swipe your tag and the brains authenticates the tag and the door strike opens and allows you in.
In the case of this RFID Keyless Ignition System it does not momentarily trigger the ignition and other systems on, rather extra circuitry enables the system to latch the ignition on when you swipe your tag. If you swipe your tag again it turns the ignition off.
I always do and would recommend anyone who uses this system to have their key with them just in case.
As mentioned earlier the RFID tag can be sewn in part of your gear thus reducing the risk of you not having it with you.

I appreciate everyones info and thoughts. My goal is not to reinvent the wheel, just coming up with something Busa riders can use to trick their bikes out a bit.

Cheers!

I'm happy to let everyone know that the Keyless ignition systems are available for order.
They come in two versions, a unit with a 2.5 foot plug and play ignition harness and one with a 7.5 foot plug and play ignition harness.
Please EMAIL me with any questions.

Cheers!

IMG_1852.jpg

I've been looking at the scorpion sri900. Would this interfere with any functions of the alarm system?

Hello Quicksilver,

As long as you disarm your alarm before starting your bike the keyless ignition system will not interfere with anything.

Back