question for guys that carry a handgun

Been carrying the XD40 for a while now. Love it.
DSC00584.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

How in the world do you conceal that?

Glock 26 - Full time carry gun for about 15 years now - walking, driving, riding... They are very very reliable and I don't even know its there.

I don't know about you nuts who carry full sized service weapons concealed??? I feel like a pack mule lugging a 96 or 226. Hummm.

It actually not that bad in a SOB (Small Of Back) holster for the summertime with a 2xl t-shirt.
For colder weather when I start layering clothing, either the SOB, hip-side draw, or a shoulder holster. (depending on the outfit)

Oh and the Ruger LCP in the ankle holster at all times!!

Open carry like bots says. Or a sweatshirt hides it easy. Its only the 3.8 model its not that big.

Been carrying the XD40 for a while now. Love it.
DSC00584.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

Dude. Get a real gun belt. Belt isn't even half as wide as the holster slots.
That thing is two inches lower than it should be. That sag will also slow draw speeds as you have to overcome it before gun even begins to move out of holster.

I went to a few gun shops today and looked at pretty much every gun you guys suggested. The only compact I looked at that felt good in my hand was the XDM40 and the Glock 23. The sales guy was a retired cop of 27 years and he steered me towards the Glock. Can't wait to shoot it.:thumbsup:

Required pics.....

I've got two of these size. The Glock is a GREAT pistol as long as you know the downsides. It will fire just about anything in any condition in any weather without fail. It's easy to clean. Fits your hand well and aims naturally. The downside is that, when you put a round it it, there is VERY LITTLE safety (the tip of your pinky) and not much trigger pull. You have to make sure in a panic situation you keep your finger off the trigger until it's time to fire it....

Oh...yea I couldn't help myself today:dunno:. Here it is compared to the Bodyguard. One thing I noted that I need to correct in a previous post. While the bodyguard is full stroke, single action trigger, the Shield is a striker trigger (like the Glock) and therefore more dangerous to carry one in the pipe. Now for a good holster...AND BELT :laugh:

IMG_1308[1].jpg

I've got two of these size. The Glock is a GREAT pistol as long as you know the downsides. It will fire just about anything in any condition in any weather without fail. It's easy to clean. Fits your hand well and aims naturally. The downside is that, when you put a round it it, there is VERY LITTLE safety (the tip of your pinky) and not much trigger pull. You have to make sure in a panic situation you keep your finger off the trigger until it's time to fire it....

I have heard that about the Glock. A man here a couple months ago pulled up in front of the Giant grocery store in a minivan with his wife and 2 kids. He reaches for his seatbelt and somehow he fired his Glock and died right there in front of his family. Thats why I did not really consider Glock in my search until the sales guy showed me the gun. He along with 2 other guys that worked there were big time Glock guys. I'm going to find a good safe holster.

Thanks for the advise Blanca. Been using this for years every other week at the range with no issues. Anytime you want to do a shoot out you will see my belt wont make a difference.:laugh: If it works and aint broke dont change it. Relax.

You know. My belt has feelings to man, weve been through alot together. Im only messing. Im getting rid of the 40 it is to big no matter what belt I get. Getting a Kahr very soon. I carried my regular xd40 for years on that belt then the xdm40. It is time to go.

I have heard that about the Glock. A man here a couple months ago pulled up in front of the Giant grocery store in a minivan with his wife and 2 kids. He reaches for his seatbelt and somehow he fired his Glock and died right there in front of his family. Thats why I did not really consider Glock in my search until the sales guy showed me the gun. He along with 2 other guys that worked there were big time Glock guys. I'm going to find a good safe holster.

Yes, he did shoot himself in the hip and bled out. But, the guy removed the gun from the holster, it was a cheap cloth one, and fired it when he tried to re holster it. A quality holster that covers the trigger guard will not fire a glock. Besides, you dont mess with a weapon in your car, with your kids present, and jacking in a round.

Back