Glock 30, Need opinions on possible buy.

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Lookin for a good conceal weapon in .45 and thinking bout Glock30. This one looks like it might win cuz I just can't afford a Kimber Pro Carry lol.

Glocks are good weapons however I am not keen on the striker system glock uses. A lot of people who are not experienced with glocks have accidental discharges. No external safety. Good gun but be careful with it. Personally I like the 1911 style handguns with a thumb safety like the kimber. 45 ACP is a great calibre. :thumbsup:

Kimber all the way man, ...SAVE FOR IT!!!!! but the 30 is nice as well....decisions decisions......sucks :laugh:

What causes them to have so many accidental discharges? I LOVE the 1911 style compacts like the Kimber Pro Carry or Ultra Carry especially the fde model. But I could never spend $1400 on a handgun

I'll DEFINITELY own another Kimber 1911 again someday. But I think I'd rather have a full size 1911 for home defense

What causes them to have so many accidental discharges? I LOVE the 1911 style compacts like the Kimber Pro Carry or Ultra Carry especially the fde model. But I could never spend $1400 on a handgun

What gun are you talking about ?
The only way a modern well made gun 'accidently discharges' is when some idiot puts his finger on the trigger before he intends to shoot !
I cannot tell you how many holes were in the ceiling of the range I used to work at due to this. People shoot one rnd and score a hit on the paper then with finger still on trigger turn around and say Ooooh did you see that and 'bang' rnd in the ceiling !
An accidental discharge is a phenomena as it is the person whos holding it that is the 'accident'

The trigger pull on a glock is around 5lbs with no external safety. Inexperienced glock owners have the tendency to pull the trigger while pulling out their Glock creating accdental discharges. Don't get me wrong, the Glocks are good weapons but I perfer an external thumb safety.

What gun are you talking about ?
The only way a modern well made gun 'accidently discharges' is when some idiot puts his finger on the trigger before he intends to shoot !
I cannot tell you how many holes were in the ceiling of the range I used to work at due to this. People shoot one rnd and score a hit on the paper then with finger still on trigger turn around and say Ooooh did you see that and 'bang' rnd in the ceiling !
An accidental discharge is a phenomena as it is the person whos holding it that is the 'accident'

+1!!!

Local shop has a glock30 for $569 and a Springfield XD for $539

The trigger pull on a glock is around 5lbs with no external safety. Inexperienced glock owners have the tendency to pull the trigger while pulling out their Glock creating accdental discharges. Don't get me wrong, the Glocks are good weapons but I perfer an external thumb safety.

uhhh Det45 this would have nothing to do with the gun but the owner. Unless your carrying a 1000 Single action Sig or a Beretta with the safety down it would be the same. Your a fool and an idiot if you draw your weapon with your finger on the trigger ! Your finger is your safety !
Never put it in the trigger of any gun until you intend to shoot it. And I would also argue that many more 'accidental' dischrages' happen with 1911 style guns than a Glock !

I actually find the trigger pull on my Glock 23 (.40cal) to be a bit heavy. And I don't draw finger on the trigger. But hey...maybe that's just me. If you're used to a handgun w/ an external safety, then you may find a Glaock takes a slight adjustment to get used to. Other then that it's a great weapon that is more then capable of what it's designed to do in the proper hands.

the glock30 is one i would consider carrying

i currently carry a kimber cdp proII, mid sized.

once i get a job again i'll prolly get a G30

neighbor has an XDM40, feels loose to me. i've had several glocks in the past and they've never let me down.

I agree Blanca, your own finger is the best safety ya could ever rely on

Back