Glock 30, Need opinions on possible buy.

What do you mean "loose" ? I been lookin up info on the XD .45and it appears that it, like the 1911 also has a grip safety?

from what i've heard the XD/XDM have grip angles like the 1911

dunno gun just felt jiggly. wasn't to keen on the trigger pull either

i guess it's hard to compare when i'm shooting it right next to my 1911

Excuse me!? I know you are not referring to me as an idiot or a fool and yes there are more accidental discharges with Glock hand guns compared to other handguns with external safeties. A lot of major police depts. phased out the Glocks in favor of handguns with external safeties and/or de-cockers because their own officers were having ADs with the Glocks. ALSO I am not dogging the Glock brand because they are great guns with the properly trained person using them. I was just merely pointing out that if someone gets a Glock to be sure to have the proper training FOR SAFETY REASONS. Chill the #### out pal....det45

uhhh Det45 this would have nothing to do with the gun but the owner. Unless your carrying a 1000 Single action Sig or a Beretta with the safety down it would be the same. Your a fool and an idiot if you draw your weapon with your finger on the trigger ! Your finger is your safety !
Never put it in the trigger of any gun until you intend to shoot it. And I would also argue that many more 'accidental' dischrages' happen with 1911 style guns than a Glock !

I agree, do not put your finger on the trigger while pulling out your weapon however that dosen't mean that people don't do it. For those stupid enough to do that at least if you have an external safety that will prevent and/or reduce the chance of an accidental discharge. Glocks do not have an external safety.....det45

I actually find the trigger pull on my Glock 23 (.40cal) to be a bit heavy. And I don't draw finger on the trigger. But hey...maybe that's just me. If you're used to a handgun w/ an external safety, then you may find a Glaock takes a slight adjustment to get used to. Other then that it's a great weapon that is more then capable of what it's designed to do in the proper hands.

Excuse me!? I know you are not referring to me as an idiot or a fool and yes there are more accidental discharges with Glock hand guns compared to other handguns with external safeties. A lot of major police depts. phased out the Glocks in favor of handguns with external safeties and/or de-cockers because their own officers were having ADs with the Glocks. ALSO I am not dogging the Glock brand because they are great guns with the properly trained person using them. I was just merely pointing out that if someone gets a Glock to be sure to have the proper training FOR SAFETY REASONS. Chill the #### out pal....det45

Your excused and no I was not referring to you...:bowdown:
Just simply grouping all idiots together who may draw with their finger anywhere near the trigger until they are on target and ready to destroy something. Believe me I have seen it all with all types of pistols. A pistol with a decocker still is just as prone to accidental discharges as a Glock if the person drawing it pulls trigger too soon. A 1911 cocked and locked with safety on maybe safer but not many if any depts issue these. The majority of Berettas/Sigs issued are double action only and again in the same boat with a round in chamber ready to go only relying on holder to not shoot too soon. Berettas issued that are SA/DA leave too much to chance relying that the officer may remember to flip safety off when he draws. So tell me which gun is that has an external safety on it that is issued in huge numbers nationwide ?

1. Pistols with external safeties are proven to be safer than pistols without external safeties (Not just the 1911)
2. De-cockers in the safe mode, hammer down trigger deactivated are safer than pistols without external safeties.
3. Most police departments require their officers to have their pistols safety engaged while holstered. Legal and Insurance requirements.
4. Glocks are being and/or has been phased out of most police departments due to high % of accidental discharges on and off duty.
5. Some people are stupid and hell bent on shooting themselves no matter what gun they have, fact of life.
6. Thank you for not referring to me as an idiot because I do know what I am talking about so you are excused......det45

Your excused and no I was not referring to you...:bowdown:
Just simply grouping all idiots together who may draw with their finger anywhere near the trigger until they are on target and ready to destroy something. Believe me I have seen it all with all types of pistols. A pistol with a decocker still is just as prone to accidental discharges as a Glock if the person drawing it pulls trigger too soon. A 1911 cocked and locked with safety on maybe safer but not many if any depts issue these. The majority of Berettas/Sigs issued are double action only and again in the same boat with a round in chamber ready to go only relying on holder to not shoot too soon. Berettas issued that are SA/DA leave too much to chance relying that the officer may remember to flip safety off when he draws. So tell me which gun is that has an external safety on it that is issued in huge numbers nationwide ?

1. Pistols with external safeties are proven to be safer than pistols without external safeties (Not just the 1911)
2. De-cockers in the safe mode, hammer down trigger deactivated are safer than pistols without external safeties.
3. Most police departments require their officers to have their pistols safety engaged while holstered. Legal and Insurance requirements.
4. Glocks are being and/or has been phased out of most police departments due to high % of accidental discharges on and off duty.
5. Some people are stupid and hell bent on shooting themselves no matter what gun they have, fact of life.
6. Thank you for not referring to me as an idiot because I do know what I am talking about so you are excused......det45

While I agree with your statements above I am still curious....
Which gun are we talking about cuz most guns issued are double action only ? There is no way to place a de-cocker in safe mode on a Sig ?
Most guns issued now are either Glocks or S&W Sigmas , at least in Florida they are. FHP carries DAO Berettas with no de-cocker as hammer follows slide when you put one in chamber.
There is only one gun I can think of that has a de-cocker you can put in safe mode and that is a DA/SA Beretta which i have never seen issued anywhere ?
So again which gun specifically are you refering to ?

If you want something you can conceal easily I'd go for a J-frame/hammerless .38 or if you really want a semi w/ magazine feed you could check out the PX4 Storm by Baretta.

I have a Glock 19 with a Crossbreed super-tuck holster and it's a bit bulky and you have to do a little work to conceal it well.

my .02

I carry a s&w sigma .40 and i love it, it considerably cheaper than a glock and cabelas always have them on sale, i got mine for $350 and i love this gun.

Hey who am I to talk.
I can carry a full sized anything with shorts and T shirt cuz Im skinny :)

Can't beat it. Accurate, ultra-dependable, rugged, easy to maintain.

Carrying one for 5 years now with no complaints.

Make sure it's right for you, though. Be aware that it's a double-stack, so it is not as slim, or light as a G36.

I have a model 29 and a model 30 Glock, love them both, they never jam. I owned a Sig P229 40 cal, did not like it occasional jams. I have also owned Kimbers, great pistol, would not carry one though, cost too much and single action only. Glock is a double action only, put one in the chamber and just pull the trigger, better for personal defense, if you have one in the chamber in a Kimber you have to **** the trigger or keep the trigger cocked with the safety on...just my $.02

If you want something you can conceal easily I'd go for a J-frame/hammerless .38 or if you really want a semi w/ magazine feed you could check out the PX4 Storm by Baretta.

I have a Glock 19 with a Crossbreed super-tuck holster and it's a bit bulky and you have to do a little work to conceal it well.

my .02

Just looked at that gun online...nice recommendation. May have to consider adding that one to the dresser drawer. :agree:

The trigger pull on a glock is around 5lbs with no external safety. Inexperienced glock owners have the tendency to pull the trigger while pulling out their Glock creating accdental discharges. Don't get me wrong, the Glocks are good weapons but I perfer an external thumb safety.
If you shoot your self with a Glock you would have shot your self with a revolver!! No safety on revolvers!!! Finger out of the trigger guard until your ready to shoot. But I guess its a self correcting problem in the end for people that have no business with a gun because of lack of training...

Well stated Max !!! I have a few pistols :) . just a few . If I we're worried about the Glock and yet that was my preference , then just dont have one chambered . It doesnt take but 1 second to chamber a round.. I have 4-5-6? different manufactures and Glocks are at the top of my list ! I have shot thousands of thousands of rounds thru my Glock and I honestly cant think of a single time its jammed. The equipments ( major brands - not junk ) only as good as the operator.

get the Glock 33. All others are dated.

glock-33-357-sig-pistol.jpg

Last edited:
I have carried a 357 wheel gun, 44mag wheel, 45 glock, was going to the 40 until I did the research and shot the 357 sig round. Until something comes along better, the 357sig round is my choice. Check the ballistics and go shoot one... It may not work for you. Accuracy was my goal. If you cannot hit accurately at the 50 yard line..... All of the other rounds are great. I preferred the 45 for many years. I just was not getting a tight group at the 50 yard line. The 357 round worked for me. Everyone needs to use what works for them.

Last edited:
Back