16GB iPhone 4s or the Droid Razor Maxx?

lil charlie

Registered
My phone got wet and hasn’t been the same since so I need to get a new one. I was just at Verizon and I can, for the same $199, upgrade my phone to either the iPhone 4s (16gb model) or the Droid Razor Maxx.

I have never had an iPhone before but have been thinking about trying one out. I have had about 6 or 6 different Droids ever since they have come out. My current phone, which got wet while trapped in a rain storm, is a Droid Bionic. I like the phone and like the Android operating system but the new iphone has been calling me for a while. I would have gotten it when I got this broken phone but at the time it cost $100 more than my boss was willing to pay and I didn’t want to pay any out of pocket costs.

So…all you iphone users….Tell me what you like/dislike about the phone. My wife has one of the older model iphone and I don’t like it much but its 2 models old. The 4s looks sweet and I know the 5 is coming out soon but I can’t afford to wait. I need a phone for work so I will most likely get one over the weekend, if not tomorrow.

I do know this for sure (well, its what the Verizon guy said so take that for what it’s worth). The iphone is slower because the droid has a duel core processer and the ipone is 3g where the droid is 4g. Your thought???

I have a Droid Razr and like it a lot. Once it dies in a couple of years, I will probably get the Max or the next generation Razr at that time. Get the slim Otterbox case for it and it is still very thin and powerful.

You cannot argue with the Apple fans though, so in the end go and look at them both and decided for yourself.

iPhone for sure and I'm an anti-iPhoner. I'll save you the details but reluctantly I ended up getting an iPhone, I can honestly say its been a great phone! It's not buggy ever & battery last all day with normal use.

Android has a lot of widgets and refinements that make it a great operating system, but for simple works every time reliability the iPhone wins hands down. I do have an otter box case also.

As for jail breaking an iPhone. It's great to be able to customize your phone but you can do the same things by rooting an android. Rooting/hacking/jail breaking allows stuff like changing the size and look of your app icons, enabling wifi tether, and adding apps that might not be in the app center.

On the last note R.I.P to WebOS the greatest phone operating system ever made!!

Yeah...I just read an artical that said rooting and jail breaking were the same thing...I have rooted a few of my Droids.

Crap LilCharlie wouldn't understand that one..

Get the iPhone. I was the same. Anti-Apple, and for a device that does everything, it does everything very well.

Not as user-changeable as the Android platform, but it is that way for a reason.

You won't regret it. Plus you can ALWAYS sell it.

The 4S has an 800MHz dual-core A5 chip, and mine says 4G At the top of the screen... I'm definitely no expert though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Edit: Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm really not an expert on this stuff. :laugh:

image-1814929187.jpg

Apple has its wwdc early next month announcing most likely the iPhone 5. I would wait and see if they are upping the bar with a fancy new phone.

Apple has its wwdc early next month announcing most likely the iPhone 5. I would wait and see if they are upping the bar with a fancy new phone.

It won't be $199 I can promise you that! :rofl:

Gpmo said:

There has been rumors of the iPhone 5 being released but along with that came only AT&T will get the new iPhone exclusively for at least a year. Had something to do with an agreement between AT&T and apple around the same time sprint and Verizon got the iPhone

I have had 2 iphones, now own an Andriod ShyRocket. Different from the iphone for sure. I do not like the two glass screens, seen the break from falling. Too skinny, fragile to me. Daughter and 5-6 co workers have iphones(4 and 4s). When I showed them my Droid, they turned up their noses at my phone. BUT THEY ALL enquired about the phone when no one was around. They would look at their phone and look at my phone and as how much was that?

I like the bigger screen, music does come from apples itunes. A little different to operate than the iphone. Glad I have the Droid over the iphone.

The things I like about the driod are the big screen, dule core, and 4g. Now I can see the iPhone has dule core and 4g....I wonder is I could get over the smaller screen or not. I wish I knew someone here that had a 4s I could play with. For some ungodly reason most of the people I work with have blackberrys.....

The things I like about the driod are the big screen, dule core, and 4g. Now I can see the iPhone has dule core and 4g....I wonder is I could get over the smaller screen or not. I wish I knew someone here that had a 4s I could play with. For some ungodly reason most of the people I work with have blackberrys.....

You won't miss the screen size when you see how good the screen is. And perfectly responsive.
I had the HTC EVO and EVO 3d before it, and the EVO had the biggest screen on the market, I don't miss it at all. Especially battery life..

Back