Droid X vs. iPhone 4: PC World review.....

Instead of this whole phone vs phone. Lets talk about the fees for the servie plan itself. Breaking it down, I will be paying $990 a year for my Iphone with a 25% discount off my plan.

All I need my phone is to talk, text, Facebook, hayabusa.org and access my bank account. :thumbsup:

Instead of this whole phone vs phone. Lets talk about the fees for the servie plan itself. Breaking it down, I will be paying $990 a year for my Iphone with a 25% discount off my plan.

All I need my phone is to talk, text, Facebook, hayabusa.org and access my bank account. :thumbsup:

Nice....25% is a lot

u work for Fedex too?!

My problem with all these reviews no matter the product is what is motive and is there any bias? Same as all these reviews out now for new Bimmer bike .
Who's to say the owners of site/mag did not get a free Droid or IPhone to rank one higher than other ?

I'm just gonna stick with the iPhones cuz same as Windows Xp i don't want to learn Vista so even if the HTC phones are better I just don't feel like starting over .

My problem with all these reviews no matter the product is what is motive and is there any bias? Same as all these reviews out now for new Bimmer bike .
Who's to say the owners of site/mag did not get a free Droid or IPhone to rank one higher than other ?

I'm just gonna stick with the iPhones cuz same as Windows Xp i don't want to learn Vista so even if the HTC phones are better I just don't feel like starting over .

I hear what you're sayin'. However this article didn't appear to be biased toward either product.

I tend to hate the idea of productivity technology and how it's supposed to make life easy but tends cross over into and spoils what makes life good - always available and always have an e-mail, text or call to answer or return. However, I must admit I do love my Droid.

Remember when you were considered high tech if you had an answering machine ?
Remember leaving home and not being able to contact anyone until you got home or used a dirty azz payphone ?
Remember the world before emails and internet ?
We all got along fine then didnt we ?
???
Many days I miss that world and pray for an Ultimately Huge Solar Flare packed with EMTs to come and fry everything electronic just to see folks panic without their PDAs, Iphones and emails !
I think the lack of an attn span kids and many adults have these days is directly related to how fast we all expect things to happen.
Imagine having to just wait for a package without ability to track it, or having to wait for a call without being able to send a 'wtf text' ?
Many would go insane !

Remember when you were considered high tech if you had an answering machine ?
Remember leaving home and not being able to contact anyone until you got home or used a dirty azz payphone ?
Remember the world before emails and internet ?
We all got along fine then didnt we ?
???
Many days I miss that world and pray for an Ultimately Huge Solar Flare packed with EMTs to come and fry everything electronic just to see folks panic without their PDAs, Iphones and emails !
I think the lack of an attn span kids and many adults have these days is directly related to how fast we all expect things to happen.
Imagine having to just wait for a package without ability to track it, or having to wait for a call without being able to send a 'wtf text' ?
Many would go insane !

I couldn't agree more!

I remember my Senior in year in High School, I was one of the 1st kids to get a pager. I thought I was so cool! :lol:

A pager/beeper :rofl:

Yes I forgot those .
1st folks to have these when I was growing up carried little packets for sale in their pockets as well :)

All about image . I am one who has never carried any device on my belt simply cuz I can't stand how some folks think whatever it is they carry makes them look more important . Always been in my pocket or jacket .

The iPhone is okay. Apple makes a stable platform and I really love my iPod. However, each time I turn on the 4G on my EVO, I remember exactly why I decided to stick with Sprint. :beerchug:

The iPhone is okay. Apple makes a stable platform and I really love my iPod. However, each time I turn on the 4G on my EVO, I remember exactly why I decided to stick with Sprint. :beerchug:

But Rev the 4g network/coverage area is smaller than an ants ass ?
I'm sure in the future it will be larger but for now it is non existent in most parts of the country or world correct ?

You're right, but if you live in a 4G area (like here in Dallas), it's worth it. I tether my laptop to it and I get amazing speeds. I stream movies from Netflix and it doesn't even need to buffer.

You're right, but if you live in a 4G area (like here in Dallas), it's worth it. I tether my laptop to it and I get amazing speeds. I stream movies from Netflix and it doesn't even need to buffer.

Now that is cool...

Can you imagime with the speed of progress and tech what the world will be like in another 10yrs ?

So does that mean i am a little behind times with my Samsung Hue?:laugh:

Not many...since we would all probably be dead if a solar flare of that magnitude went off dude
:laugh::poke::rofl:

Probably a dumb question, but does these fancy phones add any more to a persons bill or does it stay the same, Just curious cause i am wanting to get something like maybe the droid since i am with Verizon, but didnt know if ya have to pay alot extra for all the apps, and all the extra services that they offer, like the internet and stuff like that.

Back