Which phone is the best? Droid X, EVO, Iphone, Incredible

I would suggest an iPhone with an otterbox defender case. The iPhone has been the easiest to get around in. It is simple to use and learn. Most of the apps that I have are free. I just make sure I do my research on an app if I plan on buying one or I get the lite version to see how it works. I personally like how it connects to iTunes to purchase apps and I don't have to wait until the Ed of the month when the phone bill comes in to pay for them. I don't know if the other phones are like that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the htc thunderbolt. Should be out soon. Will be htc 's new flagship phone. Google it. Don't know if it'll be a verizon one though.. Looks pretty cool!

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

the Thunderbolt is on the front page of the Best Buy ad this week as a pre-order item and yes, it is a Verizon phone

sorry i can't help you any more than that Macon but i currently have a Blackberry and don't think that is what you are looking for :beerchug:

I switched to Verizon in Sept, I had terrible service with ATT. Depends a lot on your carrier.
ATT just dropped too many calls and lack of service everywhere.
I went with the Droid X. Must be okay cause Cap bought one shortly after and as far as I know he is pleased. I don't think you can go wrong with almost any of them.
Battery life will be an issue if you get the bigger screens and run gps, bluetooth and wifi at the same time. Trick is to shut those down when not needed.
Don't over buy. If you are not going to use a high tech phone, no sense spending the extra $$.
My Droid use a lot of battery. I keep it charged in the car and on the busa if the screen is active.

the Thunderbolt is on the front page of the Best Buy ad this week as a pre-order item and yes, it is a Verizon phone

sorry i can't help you any more than that Macon but i currently have a Blackberry and don't think that is what you are looking for :beerchug:
Thanks Semi
I switched to Verizon in Sept, I had terrible service with ATT. Depends a lot on your carrier.
ATT just dropped too many calls and lack of service everywhere.
I went with the Droid X. Must be okay cause Cap bought one shortly after and as far as I know he is pleased. I don't think you can go wrong with almost any of them.
Battery life will be an issue if you get the bigger screens and run gps, bluetooth and wifi at the same time. Trick is to shut those down when not needed.
Don't over buy. If you are not going to use a high tech phone, no sense spending the extra $$.
My Droid use a lot of battery. I keep it charged in the car and on the busa if the screen is active.

Thanks Steve

i have the droidx and love it, the droid also has flash player dowloadable off the app market, which really opens up the stuff you can do on the net, iphone does not, since it is a windows program, i have a 8 megapixel camera, iphone is a 5, the google os has a lot more apps, i have a program on my phone called lookout, which is a free app, and scans each app you download before you its installed letting you know if it is safe or not.

i ported all my songs from itunes to my droidx, so it uses itunes just the same as the iphone, the iphone is limited to the memory it comes with, the droid come with about 22 gigs, but you can take out the SD card and put a 64 gig and have 70gigs of memory which is more than you could ever use.

But, im prolly going to get the iphone just to try it out, i work construction and the droid is a bigger phone, and im afraid to break it crawling around on iron beams, thats the only con i can think of, i love the droidx, it does more than ill ever need. Also the navigtion system is better than the iphone, me and my buddy on the way to NC had both our nav systems running on our phones, my phone said one way, his said another, him thinking the iphone is law, he took the way his phone said, i zoomed out on the map and showed him the way his phone was taking, and it took us out of the way 6 miles, just to connect back to the road were already on:rofl::rofl: Having google maps is nice lol,

But it falls down to your choice, the touch screen on the iphone may be a little better, but not so much that you would notice a big difference, the touch screen on my phone never gives me any problems, so im happy:thumbsup:

i have the droidx and love it, the droid also has flash player dowloadable off the app market, which really opens up the stuff you can do on the net, iphone does not, since it is a windows program, i have a 8 megapixel camera, iphone is a 5, the google os has a lot more apps, i have a program on my phone called lookout, which is a free app, and scans each app you download before you its installed letting you know if it is safe or not.

i ported all my songs from itunes to my droidx, so it uses itunes just the same as the iphone, the iphone is limited to the memory it comes with, the droid come with about 22 gigs, but you can take out the SD card and put a 64 gig and have 70gigs of memory which is more than you could ever use.

But, im prolly going to get the iphone just to try it out, i work construction and the droid is a bigger phone, and im afraid to break it crawling around on iron beams, thats the only con i can think of, i love the droidx, it does more than ill ever need. Also the navigtion system is better than the iphone, me and my buddy on the way to NC had both our nav systems running on our phones, my phone said one way, his said another, him thinking the iphone is law, he took the way his phone said, i zoomed out on the map and showed him the way his phone was taking, and it took us out of the way 6 miles, just to connect back to the road were already on:rofl::rofl: Having google maps is nice lol,

But it falls down to your choice, the touch screen on the iphone may be a little better, but not so much that you would notice a big difference, the touch screen on my phone never gives me any problems, so im happy:thumbsup:

I am thinking with the work I do that a smaller screen might be a better idea also.

Ive had them all! Iphone, Evo, Incredible, Fascinate and the Droid X, the iphone was simple and didnt excite me, I love the look of the super amoled on the fascinate but touch wiz suck(user interface), I'm not a big fan of the motorola interface neither, as for the Evo and the Incredible there are the same phone except for screen size and 4G, now the HTC Thunderbolt will be verizons flagship device, even more saught out over the iphone 4, trust me! We started presells of the thunderbolt and within 30 minutes we presold 6, the only down fall of the thunderbolt is that it will be $249.99.

well your not limited to the droidx, all the evos and htc and bunch more phones have the android system which is what the droid is, and have the same quality picture and smoothness, the the only difference is the size of the screen, the iphone screen is easily breakable, my buddies fell of his couch and cracked, so you can put on the otterbox, but that makes the phone huge, the otterbox on the droidx is small and i put that on and can still get in my front pocket, i tested it by throwing my phone on the floor in front of the verizon rep when they told me how good it was, freaked them smooth out, and i kindly told them that you told me it would protect my phone in the most extreme situations, so i wanted to test it, and asked them if they were not standing behind their product, i said for 50 bucks it better be pretty tough, all of them were speechless:laugh::laugh:

plus if you run out of bullets in a gunfight you can take out your droidx, and beat somebody to death with or throw it at them and it should take them out lol

I have don't ever run into the flash issues. It is a blown up stat by the haters about iPhone. Beside html5 is way more effective for mobile media than flash plus it's open source. The reason iPhone doesn't have flash is due to the macho contest between Steve jobs and adobe. I have flash on my Mac.

As for more apps iPhone as of last month still had more apps on the market than any other platform and you can download a free version or straight up free apps all day long.

I want a thunderbolt for fun its spec are fantastic.

wait one year because all now will be sllllllllllllllllow !

+1 You'll be ready for a new one by then~!~ :laugh:

Same as computers though...but then who wants to wait until next year right, LoL By then it'll be something else closing in on the horizon that's even faster...

Back