Has anyone had both the HTC Thunderbolt and the DroidX

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious if any one has had both and which one you like the best? Going to get a new phone by tmw because Verizon is supposedly going up on there data charges the 7th if you are not already locked in on a contract, But that is just what the salesman told me so I am not sure if it is the truth, Also thinking about Sprint maybe, Give me your pros and cons of each on the phone and the service that you like, My wifes HTC EVO with SPRINT seemed to get good service on our trip to Colorado, And if there is any other phones you think are good tell me about them, I am probably going to try and stay away from the Iphone mainly just because my brother has 1 and he thinks it is the greatest, So I have got to get something different than what he has.:laugh:

Re: Has anyone had both the HTC Tunderbolt and the DroidX

I like my X, my buddy has the Thunderbolt and I like that on just a little better. I hated sprint. The service was good but I had to fight with them over my bill every month. I had an unlimited paln with a fixed price and every month it was different and I had to spend and hour on the phone with them fixing it. I droped them and will never go back.

Thank you for the reply and the info

Anyone else?

My experience with Sprint was that if get off the Interstate or away from a good size town you might as well turn it off because you're not talking to anyone. And that experience was in multiple states from MS to MI an TX to TN.

Verizon service areas are far superior even AT&T is superior to Sprint.

Shane,
I have the X now and I upgraded (I thought) to the thunderbolt a few months back, kept that phone for less than a week and turned it back in. The battery was terrible... I am a power user of cell phones and I was getting about 5 hours on a battery..

The speeds were awesome, 21mb down and 12mb up... Was crazy fast, the answer to the battery problem was to put your phone in 3g until you need it... W H A T E V E R

The new Droid Bionic is supposed to be out this month or the first of Aug... The Bionic is suppossed to be the best droid to date... Dual core processor lots of storage and 4g with a screen a little better than the X... Try to figure out a way to get on it...

cap

Shane,
I have the X now and I upgraded (I thought) to the thunderbolt a few months back, kept that phone for less than a week and turned it back in. The battery was terrible... I am a power user of cell phones and I was getting about 5 hours on a battery..

The speeds were awesome, 21mb down and 12mb up... Was crazy fast, the answer to the battery problem was to put your phone in 3g until you need it... W H A T E V E R

The new Droid Bionic is supposed to be out this month or the first of Aug... The Bionic is suppossed to be the best droid to date... Dual core processor lots of storage and 4g with a screen a little better than the X... Try to figure out a way to get on it...

cap

Okay thanks for the info Doug, Headed there in just a few to see what I can find out

Well, did you get it yet and do you have tapatalk installed? :laugh:

I've got the thunderbolt, I usually get 8-10 hours out of my battery, I love HTC sense, there about to release 2.3 which is suppose to be better battery life and the new sense overlay.

Well, did you get it yet and do you have tapatalk installed? :laugh:

Not yet, But I am headed back that way in a minute, I had to give my head a break and let it soak in everything that I learned this morning LOL, And I figured I better give the sales man at Best Buy a break also and let him have some lunch, I have been down there for 2 hours quizzing him and a couple of others, I bet they was glad to see me leave for a bit:laugh:laugh:, I am still trying to jew with them, so far I have got a 50 dollar gift card and some free accessory's. Getting ready to head back that way, I will let ya know what the outcome is.:beerchug:

I've got the thunderbolt, I usually get 8-10 hours out of my battery, I love HTC sense, there about to release 2.3 which is suppose to be better battery life and the new sense overlay.

You have a PM

Not yet, But I am headed back that way in a minute, I had to give my head a break and let it soak in everything that I learned this morning LOL, And I figured I better give the sales man at Best Buy a break also and let him have some lunch, I have been down there for 2 hours quizzing him and a couple of others, I bet they was glad to see me leave for a bit:laugh:laugh:, I am still trying to jew with them, so far I have got a 50 dollar gift card and some free accessory's. Getting ready to head back that way, I will let ya know what the outcome is.:beerchug:

LOL, get all you can get. :laugh:

So far it is looking like the thunderbolt just because of the 4g thing when it becomes available here, And I mainly going thru Best Buy because of the buy back program that they have when the Bionic comes out next month:thumbsup:

My son has the thunderbolt on Verizon . I have the Evo on sprint . I like mine best , we get same service but mines cheaper . Also the Thunderbolt doesn't have a mini HDMI plug in . His does get better battery life though.

My son has the thunderbolt on Verizon . I have the Evo on sprint . I like mine best , we get same service but mines cheaper . Also the Thunderbolt doesn't have a mini HDMI plug in . His does get better battery life though.

Thank you for the info:thumbsup:

Shane, my wife has the X and likes it. I have the Thunderbolt and love it! The battery sucks for the first week but once you charge it a few times and get the task killers, adjust the brightness, etc. the batt. is much better. However, if you are online and using 4G all the time you better take the charger with you. You can get a bigger batt. just depends what you are using it for. At this moment I think its the best thing out but its only a matter of time before something better comes along (like any computer). I'm posting with mine now..

Back