Zimmmerman to be charged with 2nd degree murder

1) You don't know that Trayvon "wasn't doing anything". Given his history, I would say it is a certainty that he was looking for likely houses to break into.

Hmmm... Pepsi and skittles... obvious "thief in the night" paraphernalia.

EDIT: I'm certain that Zimmerman is going to be totally stitched up on this BS charge...but if he is acquitted, I'm going to organise a Skype party to celebrate.

Rainbow7 you're entitled to have your own opinion about whatever you wish but I must say that I truly feel sorry for you.

I'm not a religious person but I must say that I'm going to pray for you.

And I go back to my previous post on page one. 1 guy shoots a kid and heads will roll and everyone has an opinion right or wrong.

Meanwhile a 21 year old dies with multiple gang affiliations and at the funeral 1 gang member thinks another gang member disrespects the body goes out to his car for a assault rifle and hand gun and shoots 14 people and kills 2 of them AT A FUNERAL.

And all anyone can talk about is a White/Hispanic guy shooting a African American kid. I see the people shot "AT A FUNERAL" had it coming, they weren't as INNOCENT as Trayvon because it wasn't night time, raining and they were not wearing hoodies. It's ok for them to be shot because it was DAYTIME, SUNNY and they WERE AT A FUNERAL. You know all the right elements for a proper shooting that no one cares about except the people involved.

And it's ok for the shooter because i'm sure he didn't have his concealed weapons permit, wasn't trying to use his "stand your ground" law and wasn't on the phone with 911 which makes it ok because you can't take away a concealed permit he doesn't have to begin with and i'm sure he was NOT in a neighborhood watch program, the shooter was just a fine upstanding GANG MEMBER. So of course ALL attention should be put to "Zimmerman the Evil Baby Killer".

Which let me remind you that article states "NO ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE" where the heck is everyone's out cry for this shooting? Which happened March 31, 2012 which is a long long long time ago, and not as recent as the Zimmerman shooting. :banghead::headache::dunno::cussing::mad2::cursin::pullhair::soapbox::duh::rant:

and i go back to my previous post on page one. 1 guy shoots a kid and heads will roll and everyone has an opinion right or wrong.

Meanwhile a 21 year old dies with multiple gang affiliations and at the funeral 1 gang member thinks another gang member disrespects the body goes out to his car for a assault rifle and hand gun and shoots 14 people and kills 2 of them at a funeral.

And all anyone can talk about is a white/hispanic guy shooting a african american kid. I see the people shot "at a funeral" had it coming, they weren't as innocent as trayvon because it wasn't night time, raining and they were not wearing hoodies. It's ok for them to be shot because it was daytime, sunny and they were at a funeral. You know all the right elements for a proper shooting that no one cares about except the people involved.

And it's ok for the shooter because i'm sure he didn't have his concealed weapons permit, wasn't trying to use his "stand your ground" law and wasn't on the phone with 911 which makes it ok because you can't take away a concealed permit he doesn't have to begin with and i'm sure he was not in a neighborhood watch program, the shooter was just a fine upstanding gang member. So of course all attention should be put to "zimmerman the evil baby killer".

Which let me remind you that article states "no arrests have been made" where the heck is everyone's out cry for this shooting? Which happened march 31, 2012 which is a long long long time ago, and not as recent as the zimmerman shooting. :banghead::headache::dunno::cussing::mad2::cursin::pullhair::soapbox::duh::rant:

amen!!!!

And I go back to my previous post on page one. 1 guy shoots a kid and heads will roll and everyone has an opinion right or wrong.

Meanwhile a 21 year old dies with multiple gang affiliations and at the funeral 1 gang member thinks another gang member disrespects the body goes out to his car for a assault rifle and hand gun and shoots 14 people and kills 2 of them AT A FUNERAL.

And all anyone can talk about is a White/Hispanic guy shooting a African American kid. I see the people shot "AT A FUNERAL" had it coming, they weren't as INNOCENT as Trayvon because it wasn't night time, raining and they were not wearing hoodies. It's ok for them to be shot because it was DAYTIME, SUNNY and they WERE AT A FUNERAL. You know all the right elements for a proper shooting that no one cares about except the people involved.

And it's ok for the shooter because i'm sure he didn't have his concealed weapons permit, wasn't trying to use his "stand your ground" law and wasn't on the phone with 911 which makes it ok because you can't take away a concealed permit he doesn't have to begin with and i'm sure he was NOT in a neighborhood watch program, the shooter was just a fine upstanding GANG MEMBER. So of course ALL attention should be put to "Zimmerman the Evil Baby Killer".

Which let me remind you that article states "NO ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE" where the heck is everyone's out cry for this shooting? Which happened March 31, 2012 which is a long long long time ago, and not as recent as the Zimmerman shooting. :banghead::headache::dunno::cussing::mad2::cursin::pullhair::soapbox::duh::rant:

I'm not sure but I can be fairly sure your post only furthers mine and others. If its not something that can be used for political and financial gain, the news media really has no interest in publishing it or keeping it in focus. Without reading your post about the gang funeral event, I do recall hearing about it that day but not since. I also suspect there was no race difference in those with the guns and those catching the bullets....admittedly I have no clue what race(s) were involved and honestly dont care, people died and thats just a horrible shame. But I'm pretty sure if it was a guy of race X walking in and mowing down 14 people of race Y and no mention of "gang" in the whole mix it would have knocked the zimmerman crap out of the front page spot(s). And honestly I don't think it matters what values you put in for X or Y, except Alien, folks might actually not care about aliens :whistle:

Which happened March 31, 2012 which is a long long long time ago, and not as recent as the Zimmerman shooting.

Actually, Trayvon was shot on Feb 26, 2012. But your point is still valid.

With regard to the funeral shooting, that's an easy one to understand according to the neo-con haters.... you see, when the SYG laws can be applied to hoodie-wearing gangbangers, it's a win-win situation for all!

I mean, they are only killing each other, which lessen the numbers of gangbangers that have to be dealt with. And after all, it's not like they are important members of society, right?

So... win-win! :whistle:

:banghead:

I mean, they are only killing each other, which lessen the numbers of gangbangers that have to be dealt with. And after all, it's not like they are important members of society, right?

Actually, you are ABSOLUTELY Right.....

DirtDOG.gif
Now, now.... I think we can all agree that only the gangbangers who shop at Wal-Mart actually deserve to die.

e58f_sarcasm.jpg

I dont think 2nd Degree will stick because he did not just walk up and shoot the kid. They should've chosen manslaughter.

I still love the fact how so many portray the kid as some innocent individual and others above claim it is racism and so many of us "spread hate and racism". Give me a break and go outside. If you are still calling anyone a racist over this on the Org, you are wrong. The case blew up and made national news because they first portrayed it as a racial shooting. Now that it has made such national news you now have so many people with opinions that it has stayed national news, especially since our president, who obviously has a lack of priorities, decided to make mention of it in an unprofessional manner.

Did the guy make a wrong decision by following him? YES. Is that illegal? NO, and those that keep saying he disobeyed 911 and still followed him are wasting their breathe because it DOES NOT MATTER. Disobeying 911 and following the kid does not mean Zimmerman is guilty, FYI, it just means that he chose to keep following him. Who started the altercation? We do not know. We just know how it ended. Zimmerman on the ground getting beaten and shooting the kid to get him off of him. It actually does not matter who started it, because treyvon was the one ground pounding him, which is NOT an act of self defense.

Did Zimmerman wrongfully shoot the kid? By everything that has come up it appears there was an altercation that left Zimmerman getting the crap kicked out of him and shooting the kid to get him off of him in self defense. Now, is that manslaughter? Depends on how bad Zimmerman was getting beat up. If the beating was threatening to his life, it is not manslaughter. Zimmerman did not mean to kill him so therefore it is not 2nd Degree murder either way. Who knows how it really went down, but if you actually think about what happened, Treyvon is still not the innocent little child with pepsi and skittles that everyone portrays him to be, which just plain aggravates me to see. So IF Zimmerman were guilty of anything, it would be manslaughter. I look to see the defense possibly taking a plea deal for manslaughter if the prosecution has enough evidence, which they probably do not because there just isn't any to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did not murder treyvon in self defense.

So, those of you people who keep trying to call those of us defending Zimmerman "racists" and that we are spreading so much hate, need to have a reality check and possibly re-evaluate your thought process to be more logical and reasonable rather than that of emotional ignorance. :beerchug:

see...another twist on the facts.....there was no ice in the bottle!!

Actually RussellJ the 911 call is critical as it is clear evidence that Zim was at some point the aggressor. This got blown into a national media circus because the police tried to sweep the shooting under the rug and the Parents of Martin called in help to keep this murder in the spotlight until Zim was charged and tried for the murder. Remember this incident had moved off the radar for a month before it was revived in the media. Also Zimmerman's name made the media think this was a black white shooting - I don't know many hispanics named Zimmerman!

The 2 degree murder charge is the right move, because the jury can reduce the judgement to manslaughter. Read the definition of this and it fits the crime perfectly. I think murder 1 would have been very difficult to prove, as there was obviously a scuffle between Zim and Trayvon.

I think Zim was a yahoo looking to hassel Trayvon. He confronted Trayvon, against the direction of the police, and was surprised when Trayvon defended himself. Zim shot Trayvon in the chest from the front and apparently at a distance as the security videos at the police station did not show any blood on Zim (obviously, conjecture on my part but Trayvon was shot from the front). So, Zim was able to get seperation from Trayvon during the scuffle with the gun drawn. Are you telling me that a 17 year old kid who is not a hardened criminal is going to continue agressing when a gun is drawn down on them?

I think the police were intending on arresting Zim at first but Zim's pop, the ex-judge, talked to a few of his boys and got them to just call it a Stand your ground law shooting. That's when the real mess started. If they had arrested Zim that night and let justice work this story would never have blown up. Yes Jesse and Al helped feed the circus, but their goal was to stop the police from simply ignoring the shooting - which they had already said they were going to do.

I'm actually not sure that you can say the shooting was racial. I think Zim was a looney and Trayvon became a target because he was black, but Zimmerman was going to cause a problem sooner or later with someone. The police walking away from this and not charging Zim was racial though, in the sense that they figured a black kid would not be "missed".

It is amazing how people get their panties in a bunch when something like this happens that makes it obvious that there are 2 justice systems in this country. First it was "you don't have any facts, wait until the investigation". Now it's "media pressure caused the AG to charge him". And then there's the "How is Zim going to get a fair trial"! Well if they pick jurers from this site they should do pretty well :laugh:

Rainbow7 you're entitled to have your own opinion about whatever you wish but I must say that I truly feel sorry for you.

I'm not a religious person but I must say that I'm going to pray for you.

LOL, Liberal faux sympathy. - My favourite! :rofl:

So... win-win!

I call this the "Self-Cleaning Toilet Principle". Honestly, when gangbangers shoot each other they are doing society a favour. - It saves everyone else the cost of incarceration/lengthy trials.
IMO, gangbangers (or outlaw bikers or any other people who choose crime as a lifestyle) are not members of society. Members of society are people who work/pay taxes/contribute in a meaningful way. - Clogging up prisons and morgues doesn't count as "contributing."

EDIT: FWIW, Crazyarch, I don't think Zimmerman should have approached Martin. Was it illegal though? - No.

Actually RussellJ the 911 call is critical as it is clear evidence that Zim was at some point the aggressor.

No, it does not make him the aggressor. You have tried to make this point but it doesnt mean he confronted trayvon. It just means he was looking to see what he was doing. You have failed in your logic there.

This got blown into a national media circus because the police tried to sweep the shooting under the rug and the Parents of Martin called in help to keep this murder in the spotlight until Zim was charged and tried for the murder. Remember this incident had moved off the radar for a month before it was revived in the media. Also Zimmerman's name made the media think this was a black white shooting - I don't know many hispanics named Zimmerman!

Wow, you seriously have logic issues. My last name is LeVasseur. I look and am no more French than my great grandfather who is pure Cherokee indian. Failed logic. Zimmerman actually looks a little hispanic and this was made to be a white on black shooting which the national news sucked in like sweet candy and ran with it.

I think Zim was a yahoo looking to hassel Trayvon. He confronted Trayvon, against the direction of the police, and was surprised when Trayvon defended himself.

You do not know he confronted trayvon! There is no proof. Trayvon could have seen him following him, turned, and confronted him then things got heated. You fail there in your logic because you are just speculating.

Yes Jesse and Al helped feed the circus, but their goal was to stop the police from simply ignoring the shooting - which they had already said they were going to do.

Yeah cause with their racial, ignorant tendencies I really believe they only intended to have justice sought and not public spotlight with a racial agenda..... (sarcasm)

I'm actually not sure that you can say the shooting was racial. I think Zim was a looney and Trayvon became a target because he was black, but Zimmerman was going to cause a problem sooner or later with someone.

What you think does not matter whether Zimmerman is guilty or not. Of course it is about race... :duh:. Oh, Zimmerman was going to be a problem later on? Jeez ,well I am sure with how much you know about Zimmerman you are absolutely correct! (Sarcasm) Terrible thought process going on there. You are not logically looking at everything. You, as many other, see Zimmerman is this crazed, racist man hell bent on killing "poor little" trayvon.

It is amazing how people get their panties in a bunch when something like this happens that makes it obvious that there are 2 justice systems in this country. First it was "you don't have any facts, wait until the investigation". Now it's "media pressure caused the AG to charge him". And then there's the "How is Zim going to get a fair trial"! Well if they pick jurers from this site they should do pretty well :laugh:

Yes, the only thing I agree with you is that "it is amazing". It is amazing how people will blindly make negative judgements on a situation despite the lack of facts and condemn someone they know nothing about besides he had some past history with the law. And his trouble with the law in the past has no basis to say he is a "looney" who was looking for a black kid's blood. Your logic, crazyarch, is atrocious. Now please see the last sentence in post #28.

<music="Jaws">Da-dum..... da-dum.....da-dum, da-dum, da-dum,da-dum,da-dum,da-dum,da-dum....</music> :whistle:

Updated at 7:52 p.m. ET: George Zimmerman pursued Florida teenager Trayvon Martin as he tried to run home and provoked a confrontation before shooting Martin in the chest during a struggle, prosecutors contended in court documents made public Thursday.

The allegations appear in a probable cause affidavit prepared in support of a second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman, who made his first court appearance earlier in the day in Sanford, Fla. A judge found probable cause to proceed with the case based on the affidavit, and Zimmerman entered a not guilty plea, his attorney said.

Zimmerman's arraignment was set for May 29. The charge carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Linky-link to the NBC News article

Chris your wrong again. It was not a bottle but only a can, still no ice though :)

And CrazyArch just one point. People don't always immediately bleed when shot. Their two bodies could literally have been touching one another when Zim shot the kid and no blood could be on him. Gunshot wounds can be bloody messes or they can be clean holes depends on where the shot is.

Chris your wrong again. It was not a bottle but only a can, still no ice though :)

And CrazyArch just one point. People don't always immediately bleed when shot. Their two bodies could literally have been touching one another when Zim shot the kid and no blood could be on him. Gunshot wounds can be bloody messes or they can be clean holes depends on where the shot is.

No, Saiid, you are wrong! Crazyarch, obviously, is educated completely on the character of trayvon and zimmerman and knows everything about terminal ballistics.

You are right Blanca, it is possible to get shot and not bleed much, especially front the entry wound side. RussellJ get this all out of your system before the Bash! I knew you were from France.....

Beldar Conehead copy.jpg

Back