What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

GNBRETT

Registered
Oscar Pistorius not guilty of premeditated murder, could still face lesser charge as verdict phase continues - NY Daily News

This coward hobbles across the floor with a gun in his hand while his GF runs into the bathroom to get away from him and he blindly shoots her multiple times thru the door cause she won't open the door and MURDERS her. and I though our jurisprudence system was a joke at times. this judge obviously folded to political pressure....smh

"I thought it was intruder....." yea.... go with that cause that sounds so logical as ur GF runs into the bathroom.:whistle:

he will likely get some jail time for some BS charge they will come up with but he will be out in a few years while his beautiful super model GF is DEAD. money and power can buy u anything apparently, even ur freedom from a murder conviction for which he is obviously guilty of. he has no legs so lets feel sorry for him. such a joke!

I don't feel sorry for him at all. I feel sorry for her and her family.

^^^ Agreed but I honestly can say I wasn't surprised by the verdict. If this was an average Joe they would've already put him under the jail! But dude is famous, an athlete, Olympics, amputee, national hero, etc. Another clear cut case of what celebrity/fame/media over exposure will buy you.

Must be nice.......:whistle:

I didn't keep up with any of this and don't watch reality TV or royal weddings blah, blah, blah, but the world has lost it's way. Keeping head down trudging through :laugh:

^^^ Agreed but I honestly can say I wasn't surprised by the verdict. If this was an average Joe they would've already put him under the jail! But dude is famous, an athlete, Olympics, amputee, national hero, etc. Another clear cut case of what celebrity/fame/media over exposure will buy you.

Must be nice.......:whistle:

When they (or we) meet our maker there will be no favoritism.
We will all be truly equal. Something that doesn't exist on Earth, at least not at this time.

Life is NOT fair - Innocent people are Jailed, Killed, Robbed, wounded, etc. everyday. Yet the people responsible are not held responsible for their actions.

Isn't that called KARMA. :grim:

The evidence agaisnt him was weak at best. Witnesses heard them arguing from wayyyyyy away was about it.
The amount of remorse he showed was convincing. I don't know enough to think either way but I still won't rule out tragic accident. Not the first time the wrong person got shot.

He was not found guilty of premeditated murder. The judge found him guilty of negligible homicide which is our equivalent of man slaughter pretty much.

Premeditated Murder carries up to life in prison or death penalty if applicable in south African law. Negligible homicide carries a max penalty of 15 years or it could be as little as No jail time. Similar to our sentencing of Manslaughter when somebody gets a DUI and kills somebody. It's basically saying "your guilty but you really didn't mean it"

The title of this thread pretty much sums up this entire fiasco :banghead:

The sad thing is that bad homicides happen in South Africa every day, a number of times. The only reason it is in the news, is because he is a famous person.

South Africa rates 11th on the list of countries for intentional homicides per 100,000 population per year, compared to the USA sitting around 109th.

BTW, no death penalty in South Africa, contrary to what was posted above. That was abolished June 6th 1995.

But, say the wrong thing at a political gathering and you may be beaten to death in a public crowd.

BTW, no death penalty in South Africa, contrary to what was posted above. That was abolished June 6th 1995.

Contrary 2 your Contrary :laugh: my post never said there WAS a death penalty. I was unsure if they still had it or not that's why I used the words "If Applicable"..... meaning if it pertains to or still used by South African Law :whistle:

Or 'Necklaced' by some Mandela supporters.

Although the true history is never revealed, including behind the scenes USA involvement, Mandela was a great person and a great president. Zuma today, unfortunately a totally different story, rife with corruption, more wives than we can count, rape, believes you won't get aids provided you shower after the event and airs this view in public, etc.

Contrary 2 your Contrary :laugh: my post never said there WAS a death penalty. I was unsure if they still had it or not that's why I used the words "If Applicable"..... meaning if it pertains to or still used by South African Law :whistle:

Point taken. With me, it is never important who is right, what is important is rather what is right.

Back