Makes me wonder......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case we didn't lose enough members with the original Zimmerman thread, let's let this one get outta hand too, huh guys?

:banghead:

Since when is being a Patriot a bad thing?

If you AREN'T a patriot, I'd appreciate you moving out of the USA....

[h=2]pa·tri·ot[/h] noun \ˈpā-trē-ət, -ˌät, chiefly Britishˈpa-trē-ət\: a person who loves and strongly supports or fights for his or her country

I served my country BOTS, I stepped up and signed my name on the dotted line 4 Uncle Sam and pledged to protect the red white and blue so don't give me that chit. I've made sacrifices and have had friends make the ultimate sacrifice 4 this country so I don't need the definition reiterated to me.

Being a neighborhood watch volunteer or shooting @ paper targets on the weekends and talkin tuff don't make you a patriot in my book :whistle:

Being a neighborhood watch volunteer or shooting @ paper targets on the weekends and talkin tuff don't make you a patriot in my book :whistle:

Was that supposed to be a cut at me? Surely you know about as much about me as you think I do about you then..

If that was supposed to be a cut at Zimmerman, who said he considered himself a patriot?

No Bots it was not a dig @ you specifically. I do not know you personally so how could I place you in that category? You could've been in the military or some form of law enforcement etc. That was directed towards zimmerman

A Lot of people on here and outside of here media, people that I know etc were calling him that a hero among other things. Because he was defending his neighborhood from a quote unquote thug up2 no good. My purpose of posting this thread was not to have an "I told U so" moment. It was to examine this individual and his current behavior. Like the title of the thread it made me wonder is this who he is? And if so was this temper and violent behavior there b4 or after the Martin shooting. But as expected he can still do no wrong and now instead of it being the teenage boys fault it's the wife, the media, the GF. Guess accountability doesn't apply 2 him anymore

I don't remember the Zimmerman thread. But I usually don't get in on those anyway. I can understand that it's hard sometimes for people that feel emotionally connected to a case for whatever reason. But we can't forget, innocent till proven guilty. That WILL let some slip through the cracks, which of course isn't justice. But at the same time it is meant to save the lives of people getting wrongly accused.

If you disagree with the outcome of the case. Don't be mad at people that think it turned out right. Be mad at the prosecutors that couldn't prove his guilt.

I totally agree with you and I'm not mad @ the verdict. I knew he wasn't gonna be convicted of murder. I can't tell you how many people I argued and debated with about the fact he was gonna walk away Scott free. This isn't about justice or technical legal jargon. This isn't like the OJ Simpson case where everybody knew and pretty much assumed he was guilty but just couldn't prove it. As you can see though where did ole OJ wind up in the end? Actions are predicated on behavior and if Zimmerman's current actions are indicative of his behavior then maybe things played out differently than according 2 his version......

IActions are predicated on behavior and if Zimmerman's current actions are indicative of his behavior then maybe things played out differently than according 2 his version......

It totally could be. I only am saying if it wasn't it would be horrific to find him guilty. And if they didn't find all the facts and the claims against him now are true also, he will end up where he belongs.... Eventually. The system sure aint fast. My friends brother gave a statement admitting he committed murder 5+ years ago. His court hearing started last Monday.

Zimmerman was placed in a high profile, racially charged, nationally followed case that was an argument between self defense and murder. That is high stakes for any person. It bankrupted him, it broke his marriage, and it will be his legacy. It definitely changed his life. His outlook on life and his demeanor towards himself and others. To say he is under pressure is an understatement. And the press who sided with Trayvon, will hound his every move, to say "We told you so". When I was going though a divorce, my wife's attorney made her whereabouts unknown as a legal tactic. Perhaps Zimmerman was being told to stay out of sight by his attorney. We certainly know that Casey Anthony is being told to "disappear" for the forseeable future. The story that they couldn't find him to serve him, may have a back story that makes it more understandable. But we won't know that part.

And has been pointed out, the girlfriend has made an accusation at this point. I personally feel that there is a partial truth to her story, but that it can also be a case of high drama. I am not siding with either he nor his girlfriend. I think Zimmerman has a pretty screwed up life. Most of that he brought upon himself. Add to that, killing someone in close quarters, or drawing your weapon in a possibly life threatening situation, does not have to change you or what you are as a person. Depends on your mental and emotional training. I doubt he had either of these. I don't think it has in any way emboldened him, I think it has crushed him. I agree with most of the inputs that say he should get professional help. Counseling, therapy. And then he needs to surround himself with a quiet life for a few years. He doesn't need any more confrontational situations in his life for a few years.

The most recent picture of him shows a man that looks worse rather than better in his physical condition. Again I am not siding with Zimmerman in any way. I agree with the verdict reached. But he could have been a wreck on the edge before Trayvon, but he is definitely in a tailspin since Trayvon.

To PA99Busa. WOW, What a thoughtless post. Unfunny and unappreciated! Nuff Said!

Moderators, please remove

Relax.... No need to get you're panties in a bunch. It's a VERY old internet meme. I thought it would add a tiny bit of humor in this thread that clearly makes people argue about a topic that not one of us has control over. If that pic offends you more then the hate this thread has and will produce, you clearly need to work on your ability to take things posted on the internet with a grain of salt.

If you feel the need to have it removed, by all means, do so.

For what it's worth, I have a family member with D.S. So it's not a big deal to me. I am quite familiar with this sad disease and how it affects people.

I've never thought Zimmerman was a hero. Plenty of mistakes were made by both parties, but he was still NOT GUILTY of the original charges levelled at him. I'm sure he wishes now he'd let Travon beat the crap out of him..

honestly this topic has been beat to death already...have no clue why it was ever addressed again other then to stir up and cause problems. He is innocent according to your and my court system of the first round of bs. Lets leave it at that and move on. Who cares about the na na na na na na i told ya so garbage especially since there are no facts that have presented themselves for his 'new' ordeal.

My apologies 4 stirring the pot and causing hate and discontent. It was never my intention, I just wanted to get some objective opinions and feedback on the current issues concerning Zimmerman. Based on the current responses and remarks I've received plenty to figure which way the wind blows around here :whistle:

To those who I offended with my Patriot remark I'm sorry but I'm entitled to my opinion and I feel like the word Patriot has been trivialized 2 a point where it no longer has the same luster. IMO shooting squirrels and paper targets don't make you a Patriot.... Having a basement full of guns does not make you a Patriot. sitting on the couch with a 6 pack of Coors light watching Red Dawn on Blu-Ray does not make you a Patriot.... And last but not least talking tough on an Internet forum about what you could shoulda would do in a hostile/dangerous situation does not make you a Patriot. Again this is my opinion so to whom the proverbial shoe fits relax it's only 1 man's opinion.

My buddies who went over to the sand box and came back in pieces to me they Are Patriots. The Fireman who ran in2 the burning collapsing trade centers 2 rescue people they never met before Are Patriots. The Police and Medic responders who ran towards the explosions and screams while hordes of people trampled over 1 another to get away Are Patriots. The school teachers who barricaded doors and stuffed children in drawers and closets to hide them from the Sandy Hook maniac Are Patriots......

So to the Mods/ Powers that be if you want to lock or delete this thread because it's upsetting the masses and not jiving with the Flavor of Kool- Aide that's being passed around I would not take issue with it at all nor would I be offended :beerchug:

My apologies 4 stirring the pot and causing hate and discontent. It was never my intention, I just wanted to get some objective opinions and feedback on the current issues concerning Zimmerman.

You have ZERO reasons to apologize, you ARE entitled to your own opinion and are free to post what ever you like. The only people who need to apologize are the ones getting upset over it. It's the ****ing internet people!!! Things get posted that offend other people all the time.

For the people who are upset....By posting, you're only fueling the fire. It's always best to walk away, then add to it. If you dont like it, don't respond, move on and leave it be.

First of all it doesn't matter how old it is, it didn't post itself, it was posted by you. Secondly, it doesn't matter how many people you know or have in your family who are challenged, there are those who are deeply offended by this kind of crap and it only takes a tiny bit of common sense and civility to refrain from posting what you think of as "funny" and others such as myself find to be simply cruel, sophomoric , and beyond civility. Simply indefensible!

Well, it looks like this thread has run its course. One divisive topic is posted, sure we dont all agree so what? And now we have another divisive topic introduced in this topic.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back