A deer hit ME on Thursday.

HillsRider

On the DHS watch list
Donating Member
Registered
Yes, that is correct. A doe, luckily a yearling, ran straight into the side of the busa on the way to work Thursday morning. I was in a wooded, curvy section that I always see deer on, so I was only running 40-45 mph. As I crested a small hill with a blind left corner at the top, the doe shot out of the right ditch directly into the side panel and my leg. Seems like most of the impact was directly on the clutch cover. The impact pushed me to the center line and rolled the deer back into the ditch. The good news is no broken plastic or bones! Looks like I do have a few small scratches now.. oh well!!

I am also glad that the board is back!! I didn't get to check to see over the weekend. :beerchug:

Wow, bet that was exciting.... rare the bike wins that battle... glad you are ok!!

At first I was mad as hell, then I realized how badly things could have turned out and felt better about it. :beerchug:

...a decided 'perk' in riding a heavy bike.

Glad you're all right, mang. That's a tale some never live to tell.

:beerchug:

wow that is amazing that you didnt go down great job. My hubby and i take our bikes to the black hills and im always worried about hitting a deer.

Welcome to the club. Had a large buck flatten me once on a Bandit. Well the guy behind me said it was a large buck, all I saw was sky. asphalt, sky, asphalt. Glad you are O.K.

Well thats good to hear Rob Hows things been going for you other then the deer? Hope all is well and i'm gona send you a pm Man so check your box

I am glad to see that you are fine and that things were not worse. Let us know if you need anything !:beerchug:

Back