Wearing Helmets

Full face 99.99% the time .01% with half shell. 100% helment always
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I always feel that when I see someone without a helmet that an accident happens before they have a chance to procreate. The gene pool could use a little chlorine...

The one that really kills me is the guy on the harley with no helmet and his cell phone going in traffic  
laugh.gif
, and he'll be the first one to jump up and down screaming if someone cuts him off and doesn't react in time.

Riding without a helmet =  
face7.gif

I wouldn't go anywhere without my Sinister...

Sinister2.jpg

Sinister3.jpg

I would have been dead 30 years ago if it wasn't for helmets.I won't go out of the driveway without one.

Full Leather Vanson Leathers, Sidi boots and Arai helmet ALL THE TIME! Even when it's 98 degrees!
It's always the same old story..."I just hopped on to go grab a pack of butts down the road and WHAM"!

ALWAYS !!!!
Took Georgia alittle time to get use to the full face helmet...she rode 15yrs half helmet...she really fell in love with it during our first rainstorm !!!

Who needs a stinkin' helmet...my head would have been fine in this crash.

Just a little scrape
argue.gif

Kif_2034.jpg

Hayabusa, Ohio, I DONT wear a helmet
1. if I wore a helmet I would feel invincible and ride like a squid. NOT wearing a helmet keeps me form speeding and makes me pay a helluva lot more attention to the missle between my legs.
2. thats why i ride slow and careful but i get there in 1 piece.
3. I have neck problems(football injurey), and if i wear a helmet for a leghnthy time, i wont be able to move my head the next day.
4. If i hit the pavement it wont be that hard, i ride slow, but if i do hit pavement fast/hard i dont wanna see the scars for the rest of my life.

08 Busa, Arai RX7. No helmet law in Ohio. I wear mine 99% of the time along with gloves and jacket.

I wear one 99% of the time. I do take it off when I cruise the beach in Jacksonville or during Bike Week in Myrtle Beach, provided in either occaision I won't be doing more than 25-35mph. I've been down before and my helmet has taken a pretty good lick so I know the importance of wearing them.

I feel naked without mine.

05 busa, helmet every time.

Oklahoma, helmet not required.

'05 red/black Busa...no helmet law in IL...i wear mine probably about 75 % of the time (which is a lot more than i did before joining this board)...i know i should wear it all the time and will regret it when i go down without it on

I wear my Shoei every ride. Missouri has a helmet law but I'd wear it anyway. In the summer here the bugs are unreal, you have to stop every 60 miles or so and clean all the guts off your visor. Plus I've had a coupla wrecks where my helmet saved my bacon, I'm a believer.
beerchug.gif

Every time I ride, and full(jacket, gloves, boots, pants, back protector, chest protector) leathers also.

2002 Busa
2007 750

PA... No helmet law here but i wear a helmet everytime. Riding a bike without a helmet is like playing Russain Roulette. That helmet is the only thing protecting your skull from being shattered.

Ps- I think my helmet is the best mod i have ever done with the busa.

Hayabusa, Ohio, I DONT wear a helmet
1. if I wore a helmet I would feel invincible and ride like a squid. NOT wearing a helmet keeps me form speeding and makes me pay a helluva lot more attention to the missle between my legs.
2. thats why i ride slow and careful but i get there in 1 piece.
3. I have neck problems(football injurey), and if i wear a helmet for a leghnthy time, i wont be able to move my head the next day.
4. If i hit the pavement it wont be that hard, i ride slow, but if i do hit pavement fast/hard i dont wanna see the scars for the rest of my life.
I think you've got a few misconceptions on helmets. If I remember the "Hurt" helmet report I read a couple years ago...

an impact to your head at 17mph is enough to kill you.

If you stand in a room and free fall over and your head hits the floor,
it will strike it at 17 mph. Obviously it matters if you crumple downward,
your arm comes out, you hit carpet etc...but you get the idea.

If you fall over in the driveway (and fall just right, like you arm doesn't break your fall etc) your head will hit the driveway at 17mph and you may die.

If you are travelling at 60 mph, and you fall...horizontal velocity will not affect downward acceleration (unless you got wings on head) traveling at 60 and falling your head will hit the pavement at 17mph (and then skid at 60)...but the cause of your death will probably not be the skidding.

So my point is...riding slow in no way negates the neccessity of wearing a helmet or insures your survival once an accident occures.

Have you tried really light helmets, my Shoei rf1000 and my Arai are both real light and I'm sure some are lighter.

BTW-Not wearing a helmet so "I would feel invincible and ride like a squid. NOT wearing a helmet keeps me form speeding and makes me pay a helluva lot more attention"  
rock.gif
that's a little different philosphy that's kinda like saying...I'm not buying any condoms cause I don't want any kids, that way I wont engage in any sex  
poke.gif
 And when Jessica Biel or the pud on the 600 say "Let's Go"...there you are with no protection.  
lol1.gif

Just a thought...

2007_i_pronounce_you_014.jpg

Bike: 08 Hayabusa
Helmet: 99% The only time I don't wear it is if I am at a bike week sitting in traffic in 80 or 90 degree heat.
VA: helmet law

Back