State law

Wow there are alot of hard riders in here I would cry if I scratched my Baby . I checked out that sight rotten.com and you want to have a strong stomach if you go there . Very graphic doesnt even come close to whats in there. Be careful if you go . They do show some very very graphic pictures of some bike accidents .

Yeah 24 it is gross, sorry maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the site. In High school they made us watch old films of fatal car wrecks... also very graphic, and I think it has helped me recognize the seriousness of powering any vehicle. No crashes for me so far and its been 27 yrs. I think should make all the kids who wanna drive watch em.

thumbs-up.gif
Thought this link was interesting, infact that whole site has some good info.

Helmets ...

That sight was pretty informative I had no idea about the neck injury thing. like I said before I would never tell someone not to wear one I would just want to make the choice myself . I ride with one quite often and I like the fact that the wind noise is less etc I just sometimes want to cruise to lunch without having a helmet on in the heat without a ticket and trust me you look very out of place in a state with a helmet law without a helmet . I had my bike hauled to Connecticut with this girl spent the weekend there then headed home. No helmet. I hit Mass and couldnt figure out why everyone was looking at me funny . The trooper that stopped me explained why . He let me go more or less (said he didnt want to catch me on the bike without a helmet again ) turned around the other way and took off. I made it all the way home without getting stopped again.

Isn't there an old saying that says never bring up religion, politics or helmet laws amongst strangers???? Or is it just the first two. any how, HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF FREEDOM IN THE DICTIONARY.

Freedom= ability to act freely: a state in which somebody is able to act and live as he or she chooses, without being subject to any, or to any undue, restraints and restrictions live in freedom
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

ernaehrung004.gif
I Always wear my helmet because of past expereances, but in Wisconsin there is no helmet law, and I think thats the way it should be!! let Darwins therory Take affect and lets be the land of the FREE!! take your chances if you want, but don't have Government tell me what to do!!
aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion035.gif

Sorry guys my bad . I was just curious more or less to see who does have helmet laws and who doesnt . It is nice to get some prespectives on helmets though . I want to kick Hawaii for sending me to that sight I am having nightmares for god sakes.
wink.gif
JK

I just moved from Virginia (helmet law) to South Carolina (no helmet law). Doesn't matter, I wear mine all the time anyway.

smile.gif
Sorry 24, but thanx for bringing this subject maybe it will save some of us.
smile.gif

Also check out the post about leathers.

smile.gif

here in NB, canada (actually all of canada i think), u need a helmet or ur in super trouble.
actually, until i started drag racing this summer, i had never seen anyone ride a bike without one, but where i race u don't have to wear one in the pits or around the track. at first it seemed a lil weird, but its kinda fun riding without one, mind u the speeds are 10km/h around there, so ur just barely rolling on the bike, but its still nice not to HAVE to wear one. altho i wear mine ALL the time, and think anyone should. i think its stupid that i HAVE to put mine on JUST to move my bike from one side of a parking lot to another.
i think it would be nice to putt around without it on a sunday afternoon or something. but with all those killer cars around, we just can't do it
tounge.gif

just my opinion

NC has a helmet law so i wear mine all the time when i'm here. When I'm visiting SC or FLa which have no helmet laws i generally take it with me. If i'm only gonna be cruising up and down the street at 5-10mph which is about as fast as you can at bike week down the strip in either place i'm helmetless and just walking the bike enjoying the sites -but i'm praying all the way. If i'm gonna be rolling it down the hiway I've definitely got my headed cover.

I practice safe sex, i mean safe cycling I wrap it up.

In Canada you must were a helmet in every province. Nasty fines for those who don't.
I myself would not go out riding without a good helmet.
A 10 dollar helmet for a 10 dollar head............
Be safe, wear a helmet.

Dale
cool.gif

Full face helmet is the only way to go.. In my job I get to see the out come of riding with and with out a helmet. True there are people that ride with out the helmet that say that not having one on is safer, but I would say the times that could be true in a crash are very rare. And Im not a fan of open face helmet, going down you may be able to protect your face on the first bounce but thats about it. After that you could end up sliding on your face and you can't stop it. The last accident I saw was low speed it happend two days ago now. How sharp is a stock wind screen???? Well this guy hit the back of a car on a big cruiser bike, open face helmet. Impact was at 15mph or so no damage to the bike but for small dent on the front fender, no damage to the windscreen. He hit the edge of the windscreen with his nose first... This impact cut his nose cross ways in half to the bone of his face! Accidents hurt and they suck, but if your not suffering from a head injury in my opinion your way ahead of the game. Be safe, plants are to be set in the sun and watered, don't make your self a plant trapped in a non working body because you were too much of a man to wear a helmet!
sad.gif

Back