My perspective on America, whats wrong and how to fix it.

On voting........we had voting on some amendments this last week...well voting was Tuesday, but there is early voting. Our county had a 4% voter turn out.:banghead:

Out of 150,000 registered voters in my county....6000 voted. Pitiful.

One of my friends started out election day telling everyone to make sure to vote. Later she was complaining that too many seniors turned out to vote. Seems that "old farts" voting is not a good thing.

One of my friends started out election day telling everyone to make sure to vote. Later she was complaining that too many seniors turned out to vote. Seems that "old farts" voting is not a good thing.

Dennis, can you tell me at exactly what age I break into the old fart catagory...

Whilst I do not agree with any of the religious stuff you wrote, I certainly agree with the thrust of your post.

Some serious political compromise is needed.

Alas, I can't see it happening.

The whole "war on terror" needs a serious re-assessment as well.

Dennis, can you tell me at exactly what age I break into the old fart catagory...

I have no idea. When she came back from voting, she was complaining about all the seniors turning out to vote and how that isn't a good thing. "Old fart" aren't my words. She's been complaning about the voters getting it all wrong and we are doomed since the results were announced.

I have no idea. When she came back from voting, she was complaining about all the seniors turning out to vote and how that isn't a good thing.
???

Just curious... was she being sarcastic? I am just wondering how voter turnout - regardless of age, or any other attribute - "isn't a good thing"? :dunno:

She's been complaning about the voters getting it all wrong and we are doomed since the results were announced.

Meah.... hard to complain about democracy at work. Apparently, her views were in the minority of the votes cast, so, democracy happens.

???

Just curious... was she being sarcastic? I am just wondering how voter turnout - regardless of age, or any other attribute - "isn't a good thing"? :dunno:

Meah.... hard to complain about democracy at work. Apparently, her views were in the minority of the votes cast, so, democracy happens.

She's pretty liberal. Older people tend to be more conservative. One o f the items was a budget increase. I hate how the politicians put these together. 16% of the spending increase was for teachers, police, and firefighters. The remaining 84% was for new entitlement programs. Anyone not in favor of this was automatically against teachers, police, and firefighters. We should be able to vote on these items individually.

Coming from a person who is a state employee in one of the most crooked, in-debt states there is (Illinois)..... I feel that that the only way a person is able to get to one of hte higher positions of political office (governor, president, etc) is to owe WAY too many "favors" to people and groups to be able to do your job correctly.

Our governor has frozen state wages, yet gives his secretary a $30,000/yr INCREASE. Several other politicians gave their employees an AVERAGE of 16k increase! But the state is broke and they are cutting mental health and childrens progeams, threatening to close prisons and mental hospitals....

There needs to be some sort of group that says "Wait, you cannot do that", and then fires the person that gave the monies and takes back the raises. There has to be some sort of checks and balances........ Why would our president give 17 MILLION dollars to a mosque in egypt to redo sewers?!?!? He claims he is trying to build good will with countries that hate us..... I say that 17 million would do very nicely here to help enforce our borders, or help needy American people.........

I could go on and on, but things are not going to fix themselves until we have term limits and some sort of checks and balance

2nd Chronicles 7 : 14 *

:popcorn:

139215.jpg

#America ~ #ChristmasForChrist ~ #How2FixIt ~ #WhatsWrong ~ #THEoRg *

Back