My perspective on things

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
So, as always I have been pondering and giving thought to this whole global warming thing, how we are destroying the planet!! How we are ruining everything!! How we are causing global warming that is going to change the entire earth!!!

Here is my take on things, I think this planet, the solar system, the galaxy. I think it is all pretty awe inspiring. I think everything is a lot more difficult to destroy than most think.

For example. People are whining about global warming this, global warming that.

Look at things from this perspective. The planet we live on is pretty good at taking care of itself and its inhabitants.

Has anyone ever considered in the greater scheme of things that global warming is a natural occurrence that is needed in order to sustain life?

What do humans need the most of? water and food, water being the most important item on the list.

What is a big issue happening across the globe with increased human population? Less water to go around.

What is one of the concerns about global warming? The polar ice caps melting.

What will happen when the polar ice caps melt? More water released to the planet to be used.

And actually, when it comes right down to it, we cant really destroy this planet (unless we try to see if we can split it in two or something) the most we could ever do is cause this planet to be come inhabitable, at which point all life will die, the planet will then begin to heal itself once we are gone.

Thoughts?

"Global Warming" has been occuring throughout Earth's history. There has also been "Global Cooling" as with the Ice Ages.

Transgression and Regressions are what happens during these times. It is where much of the Earths surface is covered with shallow seas then it refreezes and the water levels drop or receeds again. This occurs over and over.

We did not invent this with CO2 emissions, although CO2 does play a role in cooling the Earth.

There have been periods of long warms sessions and long cool sessions and some session of quick transgressions and regressions.

.............or maybe Mother Earth is just trying to kill us
all_coholic.gif

(Red05 @ Apr. 19 2007,09:49) Beer. I don't see how this is putting any more beer in my fridge.
LOL...

Lets see.., polar ice caps melting = more water, more water = more coors beer.

So if you are a coors drinker you should be good to go, mroe water = more coors beer = cheaper coors..
biggrin.gif

will that work for you?
smileyexhibit.gif

(Red05 @ Apr. 19 2007,09:49) Beer. I don't see how this is putting any more beer in my fridge.
I forgot to mention, this is probably one of the best examples as to why humans are so versatile and adaptable, all we focus on is what is important in life. Beer food and sex. as long as we have those all else is good
biggrin.gif

The one thing about Global warming that I rarely ever hear talked about is the contribution to GW of the rapid deforestation that has occurred in the last century.
The very same century which brought us the automobiles, motorcycles and other internal combustion devices that are so easy to blame for all of this Global Warming. All we ever seem to hear about are the green house gas emissions but rarely do we talk about the fact that we have much less plant life (rainforests etc.) to scrub these very gases from the atmosphere. Or maybe I just don’t read enough about?

Note to self: Watch more Discovery channel!
beerchug.gif

(bigoltool @ Apr. 19 2007,13:58) The one thing about Global warming that I rarely ever hear talked about is the contribution to GW of the rapid deforestation that has occurred in the last century.
The very same century which brought us the automobiles, motorcycles and other internal combustion devices that are so easy to blame for all of this Global Warming. All we ever seem to hear about are the green house gas emissions but rarely do we talk about the fact that we have much less plant life (rainforests etc.) to scrub these very gases from the atmosphere. Or maybe I just don’t read enough about?

Note to self: Watch more Discovery channel!
beerchug.gif
Not to mention that trees put off oxygen.

Yeah, there are PLENTY of deserts on this planet, build there and leave (no pun intended) the trees alone...

The global warning issue is devided more definitively among the liberals and conservatives than abortion or gun control. It all depends on who one talks to.

Solar flares and sun spots have a much greater effect on climate than carbon emissions. That's not to say that reducing pollution, cutting down less trees and opting for energy efficiency isn't something we should be aiming for. But, you need to factor that there are greater forces at play and a lot more variables than what comes out of your tail pipe.
wink.gif

Actually, the interesting thing Ron is that I believe Mother Earth is VERY good at keeping herself in balance. The human race is kind of like a virus to the earth, as it was described in the movie the Matrix. The beauty of the design of this planet, and all the natural checks and balances in play here, is that she'll keep on spinning and living, "with" or "without" "us".

Think about that. If the weather were to swing agressively in one direction or another, the human race would perish for the most part, and the globe wouldn't even notice we were gone.....SPOOKY HUH
rock.gif
??.........
super.gif

I think that the whole underlying reason for being so intrigued by global warming is that it will get too hot and people will be the same color...
biggrin.gif

The Earth will always be here, but we may kill ourselves off.
tounge.gif

The problem with Global Warming, its too political now. You don't know who to trust. Some scientists say the Earth has never been warmer than it is now. Other scientists say its been warmer before. Then the 1st scientists say that the increase in temp has never been faster than the last few decades.

I think we are screwing the planet up for ourselves, the question is how long can we go before the point of no return. A year, a decade, a century...

Hey Charles...I believe a "Major Weather Event" is in our future........guess we'll have to wait and see......I think we crossed the invisible line a while back. Irreversible, at this point.

Well folks, this is your lucky day! Yes, it truly is your lucky day!

Why you say is it your lucky day?

*Looks around*

Because I know who created the internet!

Now please go back to what you were doing...

Back