Perspective

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay all, I know that this won't mean much coming from me, but here goes. I joined the .org originally in Jul of 2003 from Japan. (Leaving out details) Had to re-register in 2004 after I got back to the states. I say this to establish the fact that I have not been around long.
I remember when Capt was the one who ran the boards, then somewhat turned the day to day stuff over to Chris (Cache) -
There was some stuff behind the scenes, people pushing the limits of what was acceptable, etc.
Then the stuff happened with Cache disappearing, with money, parts, etc... leaving the Capt in the muck - HUGE! We as a board needed a catalyst to harness the generosity and get us focused on saving the boards (remember Capt was saying that he might close the boards since it was too much for him, personally and financially) - and we helped the Capt (which Andy drove) and all was good with our little corner of the web world. But remember that Andy has medical issues which prevent him from working, riding and enjoying his life the way he had before his accident(s). I imagine that spending so much time on the board is/was somewhat therapeutic for him, but over time, it has worn him down.
I don't believe the fault on this belongs to anyone person or post, I believe that it is an accumulation of all the things in his life converging on this point and time. Why do I write this?
Well - I remember when Capt was the one who ran the boards, then somewhat turned the day to day stuff over to Chris (Cache) -
There was some stuff behind the scenes, people pushing the limits of what was acceptable, etc.
Then the stuff happened with Cache disappearing, with money, parts, etc... Leaving the Capt in the muck - HUGE! We as a board needed a catalyst to harness the generosity and get us focused on saving the boards (remember Capt was saying that he might close the boards since it was too much for him, personally and financially) - and we helped the Capt (which Andy drove) and all was good with our little corner of the web world. But remember that Andy has medical issues which prevent him from working, riding and enjoying his life the way he had before his accident(s). I imagine that spending so much time on the board is/was somewhat therapeutic for him, but over time, it has worn him down.
I don't believe the fault on this belongs to anyone person or post, I believe that it is an accumulation of all the things in his life converging on this point and time. Why do I write this?
Well - I remember when Capt backed off a little and Cache picked up, people did some testing of the waters and stretching of the limits... the same happened when the board was revived and Andy took the lead, then each time that Andy has logged off or periods of time, the "mice will play" stuff has come out a little...
Sometimes we forget that there are several mods, not just Andy and Michelle. They but every so often they have to justify what they are doing as mods, because we forget that they are there... almost like, in some cases, that if it didn't come from Andy or Michelle, then it won't ride...
Anyway, as a concerned citizen, all I ask my brothers and sisters at the .org is that while we may want to jab at people in anger and bicker about whose fault it is that Andy is departing (temporarily I hope!) and test that waters, that instead we keep things cool for a couple of days... the mods are going to have a lot to do to pick up where Andy left off, let's not make it harder for them to do what the Capt has trusted them to, in this time of (in a sense) upheaval. We have all seen that post where something is said that makes us angry, for no other reason than we didn't get enough beans in our foldgers in the morning... So if you think it might be controvertial, maybe hold it for a couple of days - or aks a mod about it privately, but at least until things normalize a little, maybe the "if ya can't say anything nice" routine should play here. Flame me if ya want, but lets get the mods settled in and then we can restart the ruckus... but right now, the priority has to be getting the BV and Nathan and a couple of other members taken care of...

Just my .02. Sorry for the rant.... but I kinda like it around here..

Thanks Shawn.. good post...

I strongly agree with the "cant say anything nice" and the focusing on BV and Nathan and his family.

This is just the iternet, BV and Nathan and his family are dealing with real world stuff and any help that can be given to them is needed.

Well put Sir!
smile.gif

I feel ya on this, I believe the mods have done an outstanding job at doing what they do; take time off their personal lives to volunteer and govern the board, keep certain individuals regulated and so forth.
Some folks post up tedious questions, while others post informative articles and what not. If you don't like what's being posted, or it does not pertain to you, do what I do, keep scrolling down to the next thread, or hit the "new post" tab, simple...

Kudos to you MC for posting this up...

Nelson

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155062947 -->

Words well spoken from a Good Man...
If we could all be as gracious as the young Marine, we would be a little better off as a group in general...
A rather ragtag/diverse group, but still an interesting group...
I for one wish RSD well and hope he returns after a well deserved rest...
I'll try to behave, to a point...

David

well, guess im guna be the only one to say "F**K THAT!"

are you kiddn? I love this place! PLEASE-like I have anyone to hate on here anyway!
tounge.gif
o, wait-I forgot I cant stand mrninja9(that kid wants to be just like me
biggrin.gif
), and yamahor keeps making fun of my face!
well, if I cant yell at them on the board-nobody's guna stop me from PM'ing nasty letters to them!
tounge.gif

Im guna miss Rubb as much as anybody-hope he gets some time to relax, heal up, and if he still cant ride-I'll drive my own dam bike over the border and make him ride on mine-I can reach the bars from the back seat, he just has to shift
smile.gif

tounge.gif

Bigd... I always knew you had a thing for Andy.
laugh.gif

Shawn, I couldn't agree more with you. All the troublemakers need to chill.
wink.gif

Am I one of those trouble makers? I'm still trying to figure that out. WHAT trouble makers? WHAT haters? None of that made any sense to me

Am I one of those trouble makers?  I'm still trying to figure that out.  WHAT trouble makers?  WHAT haters?  None of that made any sense to me
I think you were a SLIGHT part of the problem, but not the whole thing. It looks like Andy just got overloaded with life and this board on top of it. The troublemakers I'm referring to atleast, are the ones that think it's playtime cause Andy isn't here. I haven't seen much of it yet, but I'm sure they'll show their ugly heads.

Am I one of those trouble makers?  I'm still trying to figure that out.  WHAT trouble makers?  WHAT haters?  None of that made any sense to me
Actually. I think you were the final straw, broke the camels back.. wore ol Rub down. Kind of like at your breaking point then someone sends you a bottle of scope in the mail as a hint..

tsk tsk tsk

Ok. I expect most of you would straiten me up when I get out of line - I EXPECT that. Just didn't really know what happened.

GROUP HUG?
smile.gif

Back