Reclaim America

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I thought this was a great idea... People from all over the country just stopping the arguing and recommitting themselves back to the country.

I don't think this is a religion thing, its just people wanting to do the right thing for our country...

Small things that we can do at home... You don't have to become the president or senator. I noticed some of the basic things that I was tought when I was a child is really just not being taught to the kids these days.. Basic respects and proper behaviors...

I challenge you to ask your self these few questions...

1. Does your child know the Pledge of Allegience
2. Does your child know the words to the National Anthem
3. Does your child know to stand still and at attention with hats off during these two events
4. Does your child know the sacrifices that others made in wars....
5. I think I can sum it up best like this... "What would you look like if you were a contestant on Jay Leno's street walking and he asked YOU those questions..."

In the end I love this country, what it stands for and being a part of it... The video is a good watch no matter what so take a minute and watch it..

CAp

Born Again American

Great thoughts and things we should instill in our children.
They should be aware of how we came to be as one.
Nice video as well , thank you.

I feel I am fighting a losing battle though as even in 5th grade my daughter has yet to be exposed to the things you mention in her school ?
Seems like I remember them from an earlier point in my life.

I love it, thank you Doug.

8595440-R1-036-16A.jpg

I know I don't allways Agree with Everyone in Life but the Bottom Line is that we are ALL Americans !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Good Stuf CAP

great thread...many people paid the price that allow us to live in this great nation :bowdown:

IMG_3435 (Large).jpg

IMG_3456 (Large).jpg

IMG_0720 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
I like the site, I dont recall seeing the post previously. Here are a few of my thoughts.....

Q: Take the country back from who?

A: Apathy, laziness, ignorance,(they are the real enemies). My son will be taught there are children in China, India, etc, that desperately want his job.

Q: Is memorizing the words to the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance important?

A: No, not if they are only words, regurgitated day after day without deep understanding. I believe memorizing the "concept" behind the constitution is FAR more important, it is my contract with the state. When the "State" looks to "work around" our contract, this is when I contact my elected officials.

Q: Does your child know the sacrifices that others made in wars?

A: Mine will when he is old enough, One Grandpa served in WWII, One in Korea. With typically only 50% turning out to vote, Do many really care about the "sacrifices"?

We can stroke each others ego's all day long, that will do NOTHING to change the situation. The website says you can do these (4) things to help.

1. Register and Vote
2. Volunteer in your community
3. Talk back to your elected officials
4. Learn about your freedoms

Actions speak louder than words, How many do you participate in? Obviously the general public has a low participation rate in all 4.

Sorry no warm fuzzies from me, only bad tasting medicine that is good for all of us. There is nothing of my political ideologies mentioned here. My apologies if too direct, but this thread is too near and dear to my heart to simply "rubber stamp" it with:

Great Words :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like the site, I dont recall seeing the post previously. Here are a few of my thoughts.....

Q: Take the country back from who?

A: Apathy, laziness, ignorance,(they are the real enemies). My son will be taught there are children in China, India, etc, that desperately want his job.

Q: Is memorizing the words to the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance important?

A: No, not if they are only words, regurgitated day after day without deep understanding. I believe memorizing the "concept" behind the constitution is FAR more important, it is my contract with the state. When the "State" looks to "work around" our contract, this is when I contact my elected officials.

Q: Does your child know the sacrifices that others made in wars?

A: Mine will when he is old enough, One Grandpa served in WWII, One in Korea. With typically only 50% turning out to vote, Do many really care about the "sacrifices"?

We can stroke each others ego's all day long, that will do NOTHING to change the situation. The website says you can do these (4) things to help.

1. Register and Vote
2. Volunteer in your community
3. Talk back to your elected officials
4. Learn about your freedoms

Actions speak louder than words, How many do you participate in? Obviously the general public has a low participation rate in all 4.

Sorry no warm fuzzies from me, only bad tasting medicine that is good for all of us. There is nothing of my political ideologies mentioned here. My apologies if too direct, but this thread is too near and dear to my heart to simply "rubber stamp" it with:

Great Words :thumbsup:

I agree with you 10000%

I have a co-worker who is always saying, the government this or the government that. We the people (sound familiar) are our government and the worst thing we can do is disassociate ourselves from our government.

I agree with you 10000%

I have a co-worker who is always saying, the government this or the government that. We the people (sound familiar) are our government and the worst thing we can do is disassociate ourselves from our government.

Thank you my, sometimes politically polar opposite, friend! :laugh:

Back