I'm ashamed to post this, but...

Hang in there BT!  It's going to be a long road, but you're doing a good thing by trying to do it RIGHT the first time around...not some quick answer or fad dieting...

About the insulin resistance...it's scary...I've got PCOS (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome) and the two things that scare me the most about it are exactly what you've said...insulin resistant and potentially a victim of Type II diabetes down the road...I'm actually on medication that diabetics take, every single day of my life...it was amazing to see how much my weight fluctuated weeks in to taking the meds, and the rest comes from avoiding those foods I crave so much - carbs!!!  I'll admit, I don't always do the  best with that, but I'm trying to improve my eating habits!

Insulin resistance can wreak havoc on your body...

Stick to it...you'll make your goal weight before you know it!  
smile.gif
You know, Michelle, to begin with it seemed like it would be a long haul. Makin' changes to follow from now on seemed like a huge deal. Now that I'm on the right track based on my metabolism, dietary requirements, and food tolerances I feel so much better and have seen so many initial physical and mental improvements that it's a joy and pleasure to think of doin' what I'm doin' indefinitely!
biggrin.gif
Change was tough at first but now I'm continually and RABIDLY lookin' for the next way to fine tune my diet to my individual metabolism. The health benefits have become as addictive as crack cocaine must be!!
biggrin.gif

Check out those books if ya get a chance, Michelle. They really are eye openers.
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey BT, it sounds like you are on your way to achieving your goal. Just hang in there. Your Busa will get faster and faster with each pound you lose.
smile.gif

Hey BT, it sounds like you are on your way to achieving your goal. Just hang in there. Your Busa will get faster and faster with each pound you lose.
smile.gif
Funny thing is that I find myself ridin' slower and slower on the street with 'er. I guess once I get to my ideal size/weight and get leathers I'll have to start doin' track days and hittin' the strip to get a speed fix. I still enjoy ridin' on the street, but too much shid can go wrong there. To many variables that are out of my control, like idiot cagers, animals, gravel, etc... around the next corner. I'm definitely shiftin' more toward the defensive and safer ridin' spectrum.
biggrin.gif

I guess the better handlin' from lowerin' the total busa/rider weight and the resulting lower center of gravity will be the biggest upside on the street. Should be able to flick 'er better in the switchbacks.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

BT...Forget the scale. If you are feeling better, and are improving you're health, then that is more important. Remember, muscle weighs 4x's more than fat, so if you're building muscle as you lose fat, you may actually see a weight increase.

The difference will be in how you feel and look.

You're doing a helluva job BT!
beerchug.gif

BT...Forget the scale.  If you are feeling better, and are improving you're health, then that is more important.  Remember, muscle weighs 4x's more than fat, so if you're building muscle as you lose fat, you may actually see a weight increase.

The difference will be in how you feel and look.

You're doing a helluva job BT!
beerchug.gif
I'm not following the scales, just mappin' bodyweight over the next year. The scale readin' doesn't hold any real value to me other than an after the fact measure of how my body weight changed over the first year after my changes. I've watched the scales before when workin' out and losin' fat so I know exactly what yer talkin' about.
wink.gif

You know, the two books I read and recommended said that the focus should be on total health and not on any symptoms or things like weight when you're eatin' for your metabolism. I found that hard to begin with. Once the health and wellness improvements started comin' though, I actually have shifted most of my focus toward eatin' for health instead of weight loss. Sure bein' a fat ass still bothers me, but not nearly as much as it did before I made these changes. I feel healthy so how I look is all of a sudden a lot less important. Wierd how that works, huh?
biggrin.gif

Oh, and yeah, this is my 5000th post here. I guess a simple wooohooo would just about cover that.
laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Woo Hooo ! ! !</span></span>

jump9.gif

so hows it going now anyway BT? hadn't seen much action on this subject lately.. Last few pics I saw of ya with da' ninjer your lookin' like your well under 300.

or in the pics anyway.

Holy crap!! I've never read this much in my life!! If you're trying to lose you need to up your cardio to 5-6 days a week. Do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach if you can stand it. I believe that your first 20 minutes of cardio you're burning blood glucose then your fat stores after that. I would recommend 45 minutes, no more than 1 hour. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and the weight is falling off.

so hows it going now anyway BT? hadn't seen much action on this subject lately.. Last few pics I saw of ya with da' ninjer your lookin' like your well under 300.

or in the pics anyway.
I was just under 300 last time I weighed. I've had a hard time gettin' back on eatin' right since the Christmas holidays though. I can tell that I've put a few pounds back on but I went back on the program Monday. Should still be down to my ideal weight, or dang close to it, by my birthday in April so I can get those leathers.
wink.gif

Holy crap!! I've never read this much in my life!! If you're trying to lose you need to up your cardio to 5-6 days a week. Do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach if you can stand it. I believe that your first 20 minutes of cardio you're burning blood glucose then your fat stores after that. I would recommend 45 minutes, no more than 1 hour. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and the weight is falling off.
Yeah, that's another thing I've got to get started back with. I burned out for a while on gettin' up at 3:30 AM to work out before work... I'm looking into treadmills now. I was going to the gym at work, workin' out or walkin'/runnin', then gettin' ready for work in the locker room. As I said, I burned out on having to get up early enough to do that. If I had a treadmill at home I could get up at 4:00 (only 30 minutes earlier than normal), run for 30 minutes on an empty stomach, and get ready for work at the normal time. I could stick with that because of the convenience and the extra 30 minutes of sleep. I've just started back lifting weights on all of my off days. Like you said, I really need the treadmill work too though...

You know, people say I can't know anything about staying thin, because I'm thin.
rock.gif
I know that people have different metabolism and all but I can't help but think that if people ate like I have my whole life, they would not have as much weight problems as they have.

Here is the KK diet.

Here are the do's.

Eat when your hungry. (only)
Stop eating when you're no longer hungry.
Eat whatever looks good at the time.

And the don'ts

Don't eat just because it's time to eat.
Don't eat because you're bored or any other reason other than you're hungry.
Don't feel like you have to eat everything on your plate just because you already paid for it, or you want to get your money's worth.

As far as exercise goes.

Go about life.

rock.gif

Kevin

rock.gif

BT, I think rev is pretty well informed about this issue,great job and STUNNAH hit the nail on the head,Muscle weighs more than fat, in fact 3 times as much!!! So keep up the great work and try not to fall into that misery loves company thing, surround yourself with positive people who genuinely give a shid about you and what you're going through.I think you're doing a great job,stay focused and keep your eye on the prize!!!!NJ.

Keep it up BT.
smile.gif
And go to bed 30 minutes earlier so u can get back on your routine
smile.gif

smile.gif

For all of you trying to loose weight;
Atleast you are trying to do something about it.
It will come off in time; and you will feal much better.
You Don't want to end up with Diabetes; I have been a diabetic since i was 10, I have had it for 27 years, trust me you don't wan't it.
Just hang tough and reach your goals.:)

Back