I'm ashamed to post this, but...

Keep us posted on your progress.

J
Will do...
wink.gif

Bullet...Glad to hear of your progress...Keep up the good work(outs)...How much cardio you doing???3 days a week for 20 mins will do wonders...Also don't forget that you have made more changes than just dropping the 5pds...If you have increase muscle and lost fat the scale want show it...Muscle weighs more than fat...So your actually doing better than you thought...How bought that???  
biggrin.gif

evil.gif
Thanks Stunnah.
beerchug.gif
I'm doin' cardio Tues-Thurs-Sat for 30 minutes each session. I had to cut back on the intensity due to the reasons in the original post here, but I'm still hittin' it. According to the books, the best form of cardio I can do until I get my system balanced and straightened out is brisk walkin'. In addition to changin' my weight liftin' workouts I also backed my cardio down from the high intensity 20 minute BFL program to 30 minutes of brisk walkin' on a moderate incline (treadmill).

In addition to that, I'm parkin' further away from the front door at any store I go to. If I go to a shoppin' center and plan on visitin' more than one store I walk to each store and then back to the car between each store to put my stuff in the car instead of drivin. I get out of the car at work and do some walkin' when I have a chance, especially down by the river. It's nice to get out there, hear the water run and see the wildlife. Nothin' like the fresh air! In general I'm just gettin' off my ass and doin' more. I have so much energy that I just HAVE to do somethin' with it.
wink.gif

Before I backed off on the intensity on my workouts due to my body's condition I had gotten to the point that after my morning workout I didn't want to move again all day unless I had to. I was just flat out BEAT!
drooling3.gif
It's been tough backin' off on intensity though. I've always went after both weights and cardio like a mad man when I was doin' any at all. I'm really havin' to work at pacin' myself at it but it's payin' off. Whatever works I guess...
wink.gif

wink.gif

Keep it up man... the Train has just left the station and ready to cruise... Stick with it man, it'll pay off bigtime
smile.gif
We're watching and cheering for u
smile.gif

smile.gif

You're already into the intense stuff... remember it actually DOES get easier once you are where u want to be
smile.gif
Maintenance is much easier
smile.gif

smile.gif

Good job Bullet, keep up the good work and stay encouraged. I'd weigh in once a week at the same time of day if that. Weighing can be discouraging or a false positive pending consumption of salt that day. Either way you've definitely adopted the life long change and that's the way to go. I'm thinking by the time this is over we may have to take you on Oprah
tounge.gif

Anyway, keep up the work bro I'm pullin for ya.

Be blessed,
BD

Slow and steady wins the race bro......keep it up.
Here's some motivation.......loose a hundred pounds and pick up a half second in the quarter.
thumbs-up.gif

That's good news BT ... your program is working and you're losing body weight and body size. Please keep updating us ... you're an inspiration to all of us that need to take better care of our bods. Thanks !!

Hey BT keep it up !! good on ya!!

Ok, here is my advice.. don't look at scales, scales aint worth a crap, we don't have one in our house, and about the only time I step on a scale is at the DR's office..

And why? because on an average, muscle weighs twice as much as fat.

That is why heavy people can float while people with a lot of muscle sink like a rock.

Look in the mirror, every day, that is how you will tell if you are losing, notice how your clothes are fitting and how you are looking.. trash the scales.

And change up you workout every so often.

My new and current thing I started is I take my three boys to the local high school track, they have bleachers on both sides, on one side is a small row of cement bleachers, about 20 steps high, on the other side are bleachers that are about twice that high.

We walk around the track to the low set of bleachers then we hit it, we run up and down the stairs, run up one set, over and then down, there are a total of about 8 steps that we run up and down, then at the end we walk to the others set, on the high set of bleachers we walk at a fast pace up and down these, probably a total of about 16 rows of steps at about 40 steps per row, then we walk around to the track to the other set of low bleachers and run them.

I do this with the boys about 3 times a week, each session is about 45 minutes.. I shoot for time.

I do this in addition to my weight training and morning cardio routine. And my martial arts (which I have been totally slacking on lately, my sensei called me today and asked me when I was getting my arse back in the dojo, he said if I didn’t get back in there soon is was going to kick my arse lol) anyway.

Also get a heart beat monitor to strap on your chest and monitor your heart rate, the rate of your heart is what you want to go by for adjusting the intensity of your work outs.

Don't even look at scales, totally misleading and all they do is discourage people. you could be losing fat and gaining muscle and it is going to show up as a weight gain, which will depress you.... and you shouldn't be, if you gain muscle and lose fat that is what you want and that should make you ecstatic, and a scale wont show you that.

Good luck, hang in there and don’t ever give up. Lifting weights, exercising and nutrition is a lifestyle change. And like someone else pointed out in this thread.

People take years and years to put on weight, but they want to lose it in 2 weeks. Forget it, for one it aint going to happen without surgery, and two, it is not good for you..

The slower you lose the weight, the better your skin will handle it and less chance of lose hanging saggy skin. Oh yeah, speaking of which, if you weigh that much and want to lose a lot of weight, you need to be drinking lots and lots of water.

Not only will water make your stomach feel full, it helps the skin to become more elastic, and the more elastic your skin is, the better you will look and the easier time your body will have adjusting to the weight loss.

No more than 2 gallons a day however, anything over 2 gallons of water a day starts to stress out your kidneys, makes them work to hard and cause medical complications.

Between 1 and 2 gallons is good to shoot for. And that is difficult to do unless you carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go. Which is what I do. 1.5 litre bottle I have one sitting 1 foot from me right now as I type this. Always make sure it is at least half full.

You carry a bottle around with you, you will be amazed at how easy it is to drink the amount of water you need every day. If you DON’T carry one with you, it is almost impossible to drink the amount of water you should.

Ron

BT! BT! BT! we belive! we belive in the power of BT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
(the crowd chants)

i went through seven major gut chops by the local butcher aka doctor and spent over 6 months on a hospital bed and came out weighing 100 at 5'8 at 14 yrs old.
now im 6'2 230 and i anit no punk!
belive me you can do any thing you want its just brain power.

Good luck and keep in mind alot of people here care for you and are pulling for you. btw if we hear you gave up were gonna pitch in for a plan ticket for rubba to come see you and beat you silly:laugh:

BT! BT! BT! BT!!!!!!!!

(the crowd continus to chant):;):

Hey Bro, Like you mentioned, the biggest key to dropping poundage is avoid as much of the simple sugars as you can. Soda, breads, potatos, etc. Just eliminating those sources of BS carbs will make a big difference and help avoid any risk of diabetes.

Also, about 3 months ago I started doing more lifting, not hardcore Lee Haney style but lifting but a regular schedule of alternating high reps low weight and and High weight low reps, casually mind you. What I found frustrating is that when I hit the scales after a couple of months I hadn't lost a pound, not one freakin pound. But the wife pointed out that my shirts are fitting differently and my love handles have trimmed down a good bit. Now my arms, chest and back have been showing signs of changes, and basically I think what I have done is simply move the weight around. Instead of sitting on my belly it's gradually working it's way to my Bi's, Tri's, Delt's, and Trap. Still the same weight, just moved around... Sounds like that may be whats happening to you, if you have been hitting the weights hard, there is a good chance you have been dropping fat but at the same time increasing the amount of lean muscle... Just a thought...

Oh, want a good "Riding" exercise? Find a sturdy counter top, place your hands on the edge then step back until you are at about a 45-50 degree angle, similar to sitting on the Busa. Then just start doing pushups... it's a high rep exercise... alternating the spacing of your hands between sets. It really works the same muscles you use while on the bike. It has made a significant difference in my ability to remain comfortable on the Busa for longer periods of time.

Keep it up bro, you'll get where you want to be. You are doing it the "Right" way though, real changes in lifestyle not some quick answer 40lb drop then just regaining it a month or two later.
smile.gif

Hang in there BT!  It's going to be a long road, but you're doing a good thing by trying to do it RIGHT the first time around...not some quick answer or fad dieting...

About the insulin resistance...it's scary...I've got PCOS (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome) and the two things that scare me the most about it are exactly what you've said...insulin resistant and potentially a victim of Type II diabetes down the road...I'm actually on medication that diabetics take, every single day of my life...it was amazing to see how much my weight fluctuated weeks in to taking the meds, and the rest comes from avoiding those foods I crave so much - carbs!!! I'll admit, I don't always do the best with that, but I'm trying to improve my eating habits!

Insulin resistance can wreak havoc on your body...

Stick to it...you'll make your goal weight before you know it!  
smile.gif

Good job Bullet, keep up the good work and stay encouraged.  I'd weigh in once a week at the same time of day if that.  Weighing can be discouraging or a false positive pending consumption of salt that day.  Either way you've definitely adopted the life long change and that's the way to go.  I'm thinking by the time this is over we may have to take you on Oprah
tounge.gif

Anyway, keep up the work bro I'm pullin for ya.

Be blessed,
BD
Thanks Dawg.
beerchug.gif
I'm thinkin' I might hit the scales a max of once per month just to map my progress in body weight reduction. I'm not gonna get wrapped up in body weight, as explained before, but I'd like to just "know" how it all maps out over the next year or so.

No Oprah for me. I wanna go on Jerry Springer!!!! Jerrrr-Ry, Jerrrr-Ry, Jerrrr-Ry!!!
laugh.gif

Slow and steady wins the race bro......keep it up.
Here's some motivation.......loose a hundred pounds and pick up a half second in the quarter.
thumbs-up.gif
Yeah, an even bigger motivation is that I can't even drag 'er at the strip until I at least have a leather jacket. Prolly won't have any leather until I reach my ideal fit size and weight. I'm dyin' to run 'er on the strip! That's motivation to get where I wanna be!
biggrin.gif

That's good news BT ... your program is working and you're losing body weight and body size. Please keep updating us ... you're an inspiration to all of us that need to take better care of our bods. Thanks !!
Thanks sage.
beerchug.gif
Yeah, it's workin'. It's hard not to want to rush things (the exercise intensity thing), but I know the best way is slow but steady and consistent progress, not quick and dirty hammerin' at it.

Hey BT keep it up !! good on ya!!

Ok, here is my advice.. don't look at scales, scales aint worth a crap, we don't have one in our house, and about the only time I step on a scale is at the DR's office..

And why? because on an average, muscle weighs twice as much as fat.

That is why heavy people can float while people with a lot of muscle sink like a rock.

Look in the mirror, every day, that is how you will tell if you are losing, notice how your clothes are fitting and how you are looking.. trash the scales.

And change up you workout every so often.

My new and current thing I started is I take my three boys to the local high school track, they have bleachers on both sides, on one side is a small row of cement bleachers, about 20 steps high, on the other side are bleachers that are about twice that high.

We walk around the track to the low set of bleachers then we hit it, we run up and down the stairs, run up one set, over and then down, there are a total of about 8 steps that we run up and down, then at the end we walk to the others set, on the high set of bleachers we walk at a fast pace up and down these, probably a total of about 16 rows of steps at about 40 steps per row, then we walk around to the track to the other set of low bleachers and run them.

I do this with the boys about 3 times a week, each session is about 45 minutes.. I shoot for time.

I do this in addition to my weight training and morning cardio routine. And my martial arts (which I have been totally slacking on lately, my sensei called me today and asked me when I was getting my arse back in the dojo, he said if I didn’t get back in there soon is was going to kick my arse lol) anyway.

Also get a heart beat monitor to strap on your chest and monitor your heart rate, the rate of your heart is what you want to go by for adjusting the intensity of your work outs.

Don't even look at scales, totally misleading and all they do is discourage people. you could be losing fat and gaining muscle and it is going to show up as a weight gain, which will depress you.... and you shouldn't be, if you gain muscle and lose fat that is what you want and that should make you ecstatic, and a scale wont show you that.

Good luck, hang in there and don’t ever give up. Lifting weights, exercising and nutrition is a lifestyle change. And like someone else pointed out in this thread.

People take years and years to put on weight, but they want to lose it in 2 weeks. Forget it, for one it aint going to happen without surgery, and two, it is not good for you..

The slower you lose the weight, the better your skin will handle it and less chance of lose hanging saggy skin. Oh yeah, speaking of which, if you weigh that much and want to lose a lot of weight, you need to be drinking lots and lots of water.

Not only will water make your stomach feel full, it helps the skin to become more elastic, and the more elastic your skin is, the better you will look and the easier time your body will have adjusting to the weight loss.

No more than 2 gallons a day however, anything over 2 gallons of water a day starts to stress out your kidneys, makes them work to hard and cause medical complications.

Between 1 and 2 gallons is good to shoot for. And that is difficult to do unless you carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go. Which is what I do. 1.5 litre bottle I have one sitting 1 foot from me right now as I type this. Always make sure it is at least half full.

You carry a bottle around with you, you will be amazed at how easy it is to drink the amount of water you need every day. If you DON’T carry one with you, it is almost impossible to drink the amount of water you should.

Ron
Thanks thrasher.
beerchug.gif
Good advice on the scales. While I'm not basing my success or progress rate on total body weight, I am interested in seein' how it maps out over the next year as I fine tune my diet and exercise to my metabolism. I'm not gonna weigh more than once a month because like you and others have said, body weight don't mean squat. I'm after bein' as fit as I can be, not weighin' a certain number. That's one reason I didn't weigh a month ago before I started.
wink.gif

I simply want to be able to graph and map out my body weight over the next year or so. I would simply like to be able to see on paper just how much eatin' for my metabolism and doin' the right types of exercises at the right intensity levels for my body has done for me.

I'm also monitoring other changes as well. Not just weight. I've already seen an improvement in my skin health (face doesn't get oily anymore, arms don't get dry and flaky, skin has a better tone, etc...), my dental/oral health (teeth don't build up tartar like they did before, breath doesn't get horrible or strong, etc...), my eyesight actually seems sharper and my eyes don't dry out and burn/itch like they did before, I NEVER have indigestion anymore unless it's after the "cheat" meals I allow myself occasionally... I could go on and on but it's hard to really keep up with all of the benefits I've seen start takin' place.
wink.gif

Oh, and I'm coverin' the water thing. I'm drinkin' around a gallon to a gallon and a quart of water a day. Can't stress the water thing enough. Oh, and my body is finally gettin' used to that much water. I'm finally able to go ten minutes wirhout needin' to pee.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

BT! BT! BT! we belive! we belive in the power of BT!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!
(the crowd chants)

i went through seven major gut chops by the local butcher aka doctor and spent over 6 months on a hospital bed and came out weighing 100 at 5'8 at 14 yrs old.
now im 6'2 230 and i anit no punk!
belive me you can do any thing you want its just brain power.

Good luck and keep in mind alot of people here care for you and are pulling for you. btw if we hear you gave up were gonna pitch in for a plan ticket for rubba to come see you and beat you silly:laugh:

BT! BT! BT! BT!!!!!!!!

(the crowd continus to chant):;):
Hehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif
Thanks g!
beerchug.gif
No need for a plane ticket for rubbah. I'm focused and movin' straight ahead. No chance of me givin' up on it.
wink.gif

Hey Bro, Like you mentioned, the biggest key to dropping poundage is avoid as much of the simple sugars as you can.  Soda, breads, potatos, etc.  Just eliminating those sources of BS carbs will make a big difference and help avoid any risk of diabetes.  

Also, about 3 months ago I started doing more lifting, not hardcore Lee Haney style but lifting but a regular schedule of alternating high reps low weight and and High weight low reps, casually mind you.    What I found frustrating is that when I hit the scales after a couple of months I hadn't lost a pound, not one freakin pound.  But the wife pointed out that my shirts are fitting differently and my love handles have trimmed down a good bit.  Now my arms, chest and back have been showing signs of changes, and basically I think what I have done is simply move the weight around.  Instead of sitting on my belly it's gradually working it's way to my Bi's, Tri's, Delt's, and Trap.  Still the same weight, just moved around...  Sounds like that may be whats happening to you, if you have been hitting the weights hard, there is a good chance you have been dropping fat but at the same time increasing the amount of lean muscle...   Just a thought...  

Oh, want a good "Riding" exercise?  Find a sturdy counter top, place your hands on the edge then step back until you are at about a 45-50 degree angle, similar to sitting on the Busa.  Then just start doing pushups... it's a high rep exercise... alternating the spacing of your hands between sets.  It really works the same muscles you use while on the bike.   It has made a significant difference in my ability to remain comfortable on the Busa for longer periods of time.

Keep it up bro, you'll get where you want to be.  You are doing it the "Right" way though, real changes in lifestyle not some quick answer 40lb drop then just regaining it a month or two later.  
smile.gif
Yeah, at first droppin' all the simple carbs from my diet was the hardest thing for me to change. I'd gotten to where I LOVED and CRAVED sweets (signs of Syn X/Impending Type II Diabetes). While I was on the BFL program and still takin' in the wrong types of carbs for my metabolism I found it gettin' tougher and tougher not to indulge in the sweets. Takin' in the wrong types of carbs makes my body crave more and more.

It's a blood sugar/insulin response thing. The wrong types of carbs makes my blood sugar peak, then my body's reaction is to dump the biochemicals to stabilize it. What happens is that my body overreacts due to several years of overindulgence in simple carbs and the building up of insulin resistance. Once this biochemical dump occurs my blood suger plummets and my body tells me I need to eat even MORE simple carbs to bring my blood sugar back up. It's a never ending yoyo effect. Beats the hell outta me, too. After the blood sugar peak and dump I always felt like pure hell. Sluggish and lethargic, and fightin' to hold my eyes open. Felt like I was sleep deprived all the time.

Since I've started eatin' for my metabolism, after each meal I feel my metabolism ramp up steadily and stay up for the next three hours or so. If I don't feed it by then I start to slow down, but no dump, just a steady decline until I eat again. I've went as long as 5 hours between meals with no dump. Didn't have high energy and wasn't revved up after about 4 hours but I could still function well and didn't crave sweets. Knowin' this, I'm tryin' to eat every 3-3.5 hours and eat the things that are proving to work for my metabolism.

I mentioned the ephedra based pills before... I've taken them before and really enjoyed the energy boost but hated all the side effects. I've ALWAYS wished for something that would rev me up like they did but without the associated problems and risks. Well, it appears that I've finally found what I wished for. The great thing is that I'm gettin' it from foods that I truly LOVE and ENJOY eatin'. It's a great thing figurin' out how to eat for my metabolism man. I can't tell ya how pumped I am about it. Prolly shows in the way I ramble on like this about it though.
wink.gif

Thanks for the ridin' exercise tip. I found some similar exercises in the last issue of Muscle Media. It's a grip/forearm strength article. Check it out if you can find that mag. It's kind of hard to find lately for some reason...

Back