GET READY FOR THE FLOOD OF USED HAYABUSA'S ON THE

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 19 2007,07:56) As much as I enjoy my hayabusa, and while I am a Suzuki fan and have only owned Suzuki's all my life.

Even Suzuki comes out with a totally new hayabusa with more power, more bling more everything!! AND even if I had the money and was in an awesome position to purchase a new and awesomely improved 08 model, I still would wait for a year or two.

The Hayabusa as it stands is an awesome bike, but even it had a few problems when it first came. First thing that comes to mind is its aluminum sub frame. Nice and light for sure, however they didn’t take a whole lot of stress, and I don’t think I would want to be on a bike when the sub frame cracked.

So yeah a totally kick but brand new, awesome looking hayabusa would have to be street tested by others for a year or more before I got one.
The only reason Suzuki replaced Aluminum subframes was because the very few that HAD broke were so pronounced and publicized.

Do you know ANYONE that had one break!? Doubt it seriously. I know a guy that rode his 5'10" g/f on his 2000 for years at high speeds and never once had an issue with his breaking.

It was all random and toss of the dice to the weld on each of those few aluminum subframes that hit the market. Suzuki just CYA'd themselves by replacing to the steel subframe to quell the masses.

Besides, this new Hayabusa has been sitting WAITING for the right time release for a while now. Do you actually think that Suzuki would release a 'barley thought out and ugly at that shamble like the ZX14R and fall to large criticisms like that bike? I don't think so.

I don't know about all that but if I could find the purple 'busa in good shape for a decent price - It'll be in my garage with the rest of the fleet!

I'll be waiting for the new '08 to arrive like everyone else. Hope for the best but expect the worst! But I have my money put away for the '09 . Why you ask? Just like the '99 when they first came out they had a few problems. Then the '00 (what I have) came out little to no problems. Then '01 and very little problems.

If Busa's start selling between 3-5 grand I'll get two more for my garage!
super.gif

(newmill @ Jun. 18 2007,23:43)
(dadofthree @ Jun. 18 2007,23:31) Euro Compliance, oh yeah you live in Kalifooooornication  
all_coholic.gif
The days of 49 state + California are coming to a close. 50 state machines will be the standard by 2010. Ducati's are all 50 state now and several new machines introduced by several manufactures are this year as well. Annual emissions certification for your bike is right around the corner.
I am surprised I have not read more comments about this. When we start having to get our bikes smogged to register the vast majority of us are SCREWED!

You'll be lucky to get a new graphics package at the least for 08,they may do like the old days and retro some colors with the new style striping...
wow.gif
...I better be quiet before I let the cat out the bag...

I am not sure yuu are correct. Think about the 2007 1k, many of those that waited were really disappointed with the dual exhaust. What happens is if they dramaticly change it, you might have a run on the older busa instead. I know the 99 and early 00 still go for good money

(dmrowe @ Jun. 19 2007,10:41)
(newmill @ Jun. 18 2007,23:43)
(dadofthree @ Jun. 18 2007,23:31) Euro Compliance, oh yeah you live in Kalifooooornication  
all_coholic.gif
The days of 49 state + California are coming to a close. 50 state machines will be the standard by 2010. Ducati's are all 50 state now and several new machines introduced by several manufactures are this year as well. Annual emissions certification for your bike is right around the corner.
I am surprised I have not read more comments about this.  When we start having to get our bikes smogged to register the vast majority of us are SCREWED!
Its a done deal. 2008 model year in CA and 2010 FEDERAL EPA requirement. Off road and commercial vehicles/devices (pumps,generators) will be catalyzed under the new federal rules as well and must meet the emissions control level at time of purchase.
I've seen some high end lawn mowers with catalyst proudly advertised as green machines already.

I think I'll just keep my Old Slow Comfortable 06 for 3 more years and let all you guys buy the NEW recall models
laugh.gif

(BigSimp @ Jun. 19 2007,11:58) I am not sure yuu are correct. Think about the 2007 1k, many of those that waited were really disappointed with the dual exhaust. What happens is if they dramaticly change it, you might have a run on the older busa instead. I know the 99 and early 00 still go for good money
All of this info is just speculation like everthing else that we have been wishing/talking about/for since roughly 2002 when everyone starting see that improvements were definitely needed.

A thread like this isn't based off of any inside information, it is just another thread just to get everyone wound up and have a little fun!
tounge.gif

I am just sitting waiting like everyone else and who knows ,,, another year may come to pass with a new release of Bold New Graphics!

I was kind of hoping for true 'Power Ranger' schemes this year!
smileyexhibit.gif

When I get back from Iraq I will look at the new model IF it comes out. If I decide to purchase I will be keeping my 03 and making it into a straight track bike.

I'm keeping my '02. I don't use it's entire potential and I'm certain a lot of current owners don't either. It will definitely be exciting once the release is inevitable.
coffee.gif

I just did several suspension upgrades on mine and I ain't sellin' it until I've had a few track days on it! Dammit.

biggrin.gif

Still, I don't think the '08 will have as many problems as people think. It's based on existing technology and Suzuki has learned a lot from all the years of making Busa's and G1K's.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new one but to get rid of the old one is going to be money lost for me.

--Wag--

Back