Descendant Of The Hayabusa

Actually, myself and many other org members had the chance to meet a couple of Suzuki engineers and the Katana engine was one of their favorites.

Those 16v GSX1100 (and 1150) engines were awesome, still are really. I've had two 82 Kat 1100's as well as three GS1100E's (80, 81 & 83) and loved the grunt of the things. They're much like the Busa in the effortless torque department, just lacking the ridiculous top end rush of the 1300R.... highly addictive!

The later GSX-F Katanas had pretty unremarkable oil-cooled engines in their equally meh steel frames.

*yawn*

I think Suzuki even used the Katana name on a line of scooters as well.... sad.

Only Kawasaki can brag about dumbing down a good name as well as Suzuki by slapping the Ninja tag on pretty much every bike they've built since the late eighties.

Last edited:
9 years with out any major upgrades. Is kinda that isn't it????
Gen 1 was built between 1999/08 , Gen 2 between 2008/ present day, seems 10 years appears the normal only with Brembo/ABS as major updates. S uzukis philosophy /aim is to make subtle changes whilst keeping the overall costs down

The later GSX-F Katanas had pretty unremarkable oil-cooled engines in their equally meh steel frames.

*yawn*

I think Suzuki even used the Katana name on a line of scooters as well.... sad.

Only Kawasaki can brag about dumbing down a good name as well as Suzuki by slapping the Ninja tag on pretty much every bike they've built since the late eighties.
How ironic , Vodofone NZ (telephone network ) call their shop staff Ninjas , go figure

Suzuki has a good thing going a good solid run of gen1 and Gen2 and all the after market parts available, that takes time to come up with, the aftermarket company's can't keep up with Kawasaki so less is available for Kaw. however Suzuki has it going on there bikes are affordable most people can't afford a 25,000 dollar bike "H2" it would not take much to punch the Busa to 250-300HP stock all done with the ECU. programing
the problem is the tires can't handle the speed,

Suzuki has a good thing going a good solid run of gen1 and Gen2 and all the after market parts available, that takes time to come up with, the aftermarket company's can't keep up with Kawasaki so less is available for Kaw. however Suzuki has it going on there bikes are affordable most people can't afford a 25,000 dollar bike "H2" it would not take much to punch the Busa to 250-300HP stock all done with the ECU. programing
the problem is the tires can't handle the speed,

Ha! You'll never get a Busa anywhere near 250-300 hp through ecu tuning!
A good ecu dyno tune with Ecu Editor would only gain a hp or 2, but, improve the power curve.
Around 10hp ballpark with a good full exhaust
You would need a 1441cc(bored and stroked), built right with nitros to even get to 250hp. Otherwise you need a turbo, with lower compression pistons, meaning opening the engine, not stock.
Tires aren't a problem either.
Z rated tires can handle 200+ mph.
The H2 has done around 250mph, and turbo Busas have come close to 300mph in LSR.
...there tires didn't blow out.
Of course sustaining 200-250+mph for more than the mile/ish they're achieving these speeds, would eventually cause tire failure. Too much heat.
Sorry, but too much incorrect information.

Those 16 valve G S X 1100 ( and 1150 ) engines were awesome, still are really.

I've had two 82 Katana 1100's as well as three G S 1100 E's ( 80, 81 & 83 ) and loved the grunt of the things.

They're much like the Hayabusa in the effortless torque department,
just lacking the ridiculous top end rush of the 1300 R . . . .

Highly addictive !

Those early Suzuki motors are still being used in Pro Stock Motorcycles ~ everything inside the motor has been beefed up yet the design is timeless . . .

Boy%20amp%20Fontana%20Summit%20Series%201%204-18-2015%20018_zpsijiiizyz.jpg

A good ecu dyno tune with Ecu Editor would only gain a hp or 2, but, improve the power curve.
You would need a 1441cc(bored and stroked), built right with nitros to even get to 250hp. Otherwise you need a turbo, with lower compression pistons, meaning opening the engine, not stock.
The H2 has done around 250mph, and turbo Busas have come close to 300mph in LSR.
Of course sustaining 200-250+mph for more than the mile/ish they're achieving these speeds, would eventually cause tire failure. Too much heat.
the Aprilia RSV4 RF 1000cc is pushing 230hp no turbo no nitrous,,,if they can do in 1000cc then why 1340 cc bike cant do it pretty clear it not all displacement !!!
as for Z rated tires not good enough they fall apart on the Dyno what else is there ??? the guys in my area that have H2's can't get 25 miles on the back roads before needing a tire. some leave on there own two wheels come home on trailer
The Kaw. H2 is a great machine love to have one, but why bother if the tires are not up to the job
I am old school I am just learning the new ecu technology I am an old bike mechanic form the Kawsaki 900 days and A.P.E. was the only place to buy good parts from and reworked cranks so some of the new stuff I am not up on

Last edited:
the Aprilia RSV4 RF 1000cc is pushing 230hp no turbo no nitrous,,,if they can do in 1000cc then why 1340 cc bike cant do it pretty clear it not all displacement !!!
as for Z rated tires not good enough they fall apart on the Dyno what else is there ??? the guys in my area that have H2's can't get 25 miles on the back roads before needing a tire. some leave on there own two wheels come home on trailer
The Kaw. H2 is a great machine love to have one, but why bother if the tires are not up to the job
I am old school I am just learning the new ecu technology I am an old bike mechanic form the Kawsaki 900 days and A.P.E. was the only place to buy good parts from and reworked cranks so some of the new stuff I am not up on

Of course it isn't all displacement. Head design, cams, advanced electronics, and alot of variables.
But I've never heard of a bike that makes 170-180 wheel hp, flash the ecu, and gain 80-130hp. Not happening. Never.
Ask anyone here, or any reputable builder.
As for tires, I can get 1800 to 2k miles from a front, and 1k to 1500 on a rear on average, Q2s, Q3s. Draggin knees on 180hp.
Of course you can't ride all day on 250hp bike, spinning the tires, intentionally or not!
That should be known before you even buy an H2. And if they can't figure out how to ride it without blowing tires in 25 miles, maybe it's not the bike for them.
If the tuner can't keep a new Z rated tire from "falling apart on the dyno"...then he's an idiot. Plain and simple.
Youtube Bigcc Racing in England.
Watch him dyno a twin tutbo 900+hp Busa...and it's tire holds up.
The H2 will be the first production bike to push tire technology in a long time. So wait a couple years.
I've been riding and wrenching bikes near 28 years now. I remember the 900s and their 100-120hp too.
They were awesome, in their day. I'll stick to more modern, and with fuel injection.

Last edited:
Got some crazy talk going on.....see what the internet does?

First, the fastest H2 I am aware of, has run just shy of 230 mph with highly favorable weather conditions. Most have had a hard time breaking into the 210s. The one on youtube from Turkey that reportedly run almost 250 is purely BS.

Second, there has been only 1 Busa run 300+ mph, Bill Warner R.I.P.. No one else on a Busa has run anything close. I believe the next one was Billy Shoemaker at 269 mph. Just a few have run much fastest than 250.

Third, superbikes (1000c) bikes makes their HP by spinning the engines crazy high. My BMW S1000rr with only head work (stock cams) makes in the 210 wHP range. But that's at 14,000 rpm. TQ is still in the low-mid 80s. Some of the motogp bikes make 230-240, but they have to use pneumatic valves and peak power is in the 15ks rpm ranges.

True bro , also Kawasakis build quality is not as good as S uzukis too

What's the horse power rating you get out of a supercharged busa?

Back