Zx10r or r1

Zx10r or r1 - Nuther useless poll

• ZX10R

Votes: 144 72.4%
  • R1

Votes: 55 27.6%

• Total voters
Here in Turkey , you can find full black scheme GSXR1000 , sad if no in States ... If I were you , I won't bother the scheme and I'll go with the best bike in its class , GSXR1000 .

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Guclu you beat me to it. They sold this same color scheme in Canada on the pre k-5 models. New one might look tough painted all black with gold rims.

And 10 minutes before I leave work for home...here comes the rain again... guns.gif moderator.gif sigh...and they call this the sunshine state, never have figured that one out. Must be a tourist gimick....

Whatever you like is right for YOU smile.gif , but from a voice of experience, the Busa is easier to ride in the rain and slush than any 1000cc true sportbike. Just the weight and controllability in bad conditions put the Busa way ahead of the Super Reactive 1000cc's. Just my .02 cents, but you can get into trouble quicker on a very light, High HP bike easier than a heavyer Hight HP Bike with less wheel base help wink.gif

If I wasn't in the market for a Gixx, I'd get the 10R. Insane HP and a great handling bike. Although the handling award DOES GO TO the R1.

I voted for the ZX ........almost got that one , instead of the Busa .

R1 all day, best looking bike on the market I believe. Besides, the ZX10 has become the Poser Bike of Choice, just behind the Hayabusa. And well.... It's a fuggin Kwacker... smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152119193 -->

between the two, I'm leaning zx10r...everything I read, motormags and board members, the R1 lacks a little lower to midrange torque and then slams the power on at about 7k making it more wheelie prone than the zx10r that has more overall Hp and more usable low end torque.

One of the mags I was reading "RoadRacing World", had a liter bike shootout, out of 5 bikes (zx10r, GXSR, CBR1000, Ducati 999, and the R1)...The R1 scored the lowest torque with 70.0 and the Kaw the highest with 75.81. Yeah it's only 5-6 ft lbs but it's where that torque is, how wide the band.

BTW - Kaw took the HP at 155.65 and the R1 came in 4th with 146.45 dyno'd Hp...(155 stock rear wheel power on a bike with that weight...)

However...the GSXR won the whole competion and came in 1st tounge.gif

Here in Turkey , you can find full black scheme GSXR1000 , sad if no in States ... If I were you , I won't bother the scheme and I'll go with the best bike in its class , GSXR1000 .

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Guclu you beat me to it. They sold this same color scheme in Canada on the pre k-5 models. New one might look tough painted all black with gold rims.
That gixxer is sweet in those colors.

What don't you like about the Gixxer 1k? rock.gif  ...just curious since you like the R1.  Have you sat on both the Z and the R?  Which is more comfortable to you?  I don't have a vote...just posting through.
I don't like the gsxr 1k because of the color scheme(s) (no black) and I really don't like the little half can muffler (personal preference). I absolutely love the undertail cans of the R1 and ZX10R.

both the R1 and ZX10 are just badtothebone...the gxr just doesn't do it for me.
The Gixxer 600 and 750 have the small, MotoGP-style can, and the 1000 has the big can hangin' off the side. Personally, I think the 1000--especially the back end--is awesome, but I like the MotoGP-exhaust. But if I had to chose, I'd go with the ZX-10R. The R-1 is too complicated.

Kawasaki_ZX_10R.JPG

As for riding in the rain, I'd rather be on a Busa than a R1 or 10. As for R1 vs 10, the R1 "looks" less bulky, although both have great ratings. Flip a coin.

Back