Zx10r or r1

Zx10r or r1 - Nuther useless poll

• ZX10R

Votes: 144 72.4%
  • R1

Votes: 55 27.6%

• Total voters
Are we talking about last years model of R1 or the new one thats just coming out?

From everything I have read, the brand new R1 is one dirty lil monkey, and will keep up with the busa up to about 175 mph. They changed just about EVERYTHING on the R1 for the new model year, including now having a flat plane crank...yummy.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, this thread is nearly 3 YEARS OLD :laugh: . I hope he's made his choice by now :rofl:

I bike shop with performance in mind....they all handle good, are good build quality ect.....I tend to go with the one that makes the best usable power and is the most fun to ride. I've got friends with 07 GSXR 1000, 08 ZX-10, and 08 R1. That 07 GSXR 1000 whoops the **** out of the other bikes, R1 seems to have most of the power up top, ZX10 gives head shake every time i shift out of a gear at redline.....Still like the busa better than all

ZX10, but not great for daily distance. your a$$ and back will prefer the Busa. My friend has An 04 ZX-10, I love takin it out:thumbsup:

R1 would be my choice for looks! The Kawai's for the power. If it is the 2 models you are showing.......so what what would win? Hmmmm Hate the Kawai's dash!!! Hate the R1's lack of power! Both handle well, but the Kawai more nervious when riden to the limit! ..............What ever saddle is the most comfortable would when my vote! But absolute power would get me! The Zx10!:thumbsup:

Oh good grief....who resurected this thread :laugh:

although I HOPE to own multiple bikes at one time (I've got 5 in mind but
I'm still stuck on 1) and am always looking and evaluting for the next bike,
never sell Selene but there is always room for more....

the question (from 3 years ago) was mostly rhetorical....

However, at the time I liked the 10 with undertail exhaust color scheme and
power...thought it gave it the egde even though I've always been an R1 fan

BUT...today, with the evolution of both bikes, the edge would have to go to
the R1 :thumbsup:

The zx10 designers screwed up imho, by removing the undertail exhaust
(as I LOVE undertail exhuast, that gets a big minus in my book) and the
yami designers have improved the R1...that is one smooth biotch with the
cross spline crank and they added weight to it (I think) to improve low end
umph. It felt like it when I rode it at Daytona, but the big thing was the bike
was so smooth, you couldn't hardly tell what rpm you were at so keeping the
revs closer to the meat and potatoes was easy, not buzzy at all.

R1 is a great bike :thumbsup:

I like my ZX just fine now that I retired the Busa from the road courses. The ZX is a stout bike that crashes well, and is kinda rare where I live. You can't go wrong with either, I voted for the ZX but get whichever is the best deal for you.

twins.jpg

twins2.jpg

I'd have to say the 10R. Its one heck of a bike, and Kaw motors are darn near bullet-proof!!!!

DSC01876.jpg
[/IMG]

And it looks the best (to me)!

... The ZX is a stout bike that crashes well...

I figure I should clarify before someone tries to make a joke because they don't understand. The ZX is built strong and if you ride trackdays you will eventually crash. It is nice to be able to have a survivable bike that will reduce the amount of down time.

A couple guys I ride with have ZX10's and R1's. They're both great bikes, and you can't go wrong with either.

The R1 that you have pictured is the Raven right? That is a bit of a limited edition model right?

Personally if I were going to buy a liter bike, it would be a Gixxer 1000.

But I am extremely loyal to Zuki.

Don

plus 2 on the gixx 1k and being loyal to suzuki!!:beerchug:

Back