ZX-14 first look for me

I just hate the crappy flame stickers on the bike.

I thought it looked bigger in person. I seen a busa and ZX-14 side by side at a dealer in Brandon FL. I pick the busa for looks.
ZX-14 is a nice bike.

Almost all of those flames are removable. The only parts that are permanent are the two little tips of the flames that cross the gap from plastic to metal on top of the gas tank. Those are barely even noticeable from the side.

Looks at me over here defending a Kawi. Geez...

Here is another pic for all you jealous types!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

2012-01-20_15-15-33_422.jpg

Once unrestricted I would like to see how they stack up in LSR events.
All that I have seen on any comparison has been either just hp numbers or 1/4 mile.

Looks pretty cool, I would ride that in a heartbeat, congratulations,:thumbsup:

More pics, more details, any kills yet

Once unrestricted I would like to see how they stack up in LSR events.
All that I have seen on any comparison has been either just hp numbers or 1/4 mile.

I may be wrong but I don't think it has the aero numbers to be a LSR competitor?

Having owned two first gen busa's,one Big Bore 2nd gen,and now on my 3rd 14.I would say I like the 14 better overall.Seems since this is a Busa site everyone seem to be hung up on the looks. Well in my opinion,looks aside its a great bike.Smoother engine,brakes have better feel,more nuetral off the stand(carries it weight well).As far as speed well,thats why we buythem they are all fast. If you are under 6 ft the Busa will fit you better.For me the 14 fits me 6' 4" better.Being comfortable is key for a long ride. On my Busa (08) my right hand would fall asleep every ride. So for me the 14 fits me better.Don't get me wrong the Busa did the job and looked good doing it,but at the end of the day my 14 fits better. Cheers

I may be wrong but I don't think it has the aero numbers to be a LSR competitor?
well the old zx14 holds a few records in LSR ..You have to take into acount the Gen 1 zx14 has to run in a different class than the busa because of the CCs ..Busa gets to run the 1350 class where the ZX14 at 1352 cc has to run in the next class up in CCs .. Same thing is going to happen to the new zx14r with 1441 cc .. Dave O tested the zx14 aeros Vs the Busa in a wind tunnel and the gen 1 busa had better aeros but they were very close .. Fact was the zx10 had better aeros than busa or zx14 .. We have one zx14 that hold 3 records at Maxton .. One that held or still does hold the production record at 196.2 .. Fly boy holds a record at the salt flats on a gen 1 zx14.. What we don't know at this point is the aero package on the new ZX14R .. It may be better or it could be worse , kawi claimed it was better but we will have to let the LSR guys fugure that one out ..

All i can tell you is mine runs very good .. 8.55 @ 160 :race:

The word is that Suzuki is coming out with cc's in the 1500 range! This will put a stop to all this nonsense about the ZX-14.

Back