You can't test ride Busa's???

All of our dealers here in NW Arkansas encourage test rides and allow you to take anything out as long as you have a motorcycle license and experience in the type of bike you are taking out...

Here, after they get though rolling on the floor laughing, then they tell you NO!!! I know lets go to Shawnee Cycle Plaza, and tell them Gsxcite said, we could test ride all the new bikes.:thumbsup::laugh:

I don't know of any dealers in New York that will let you take a bike like a 'busa or ZX-14 for a test run. They know it will be "Good-bye bike!"

The dealer near me is being really funny about test riding Busa's. Who in the Upstate SC area at least within 100miles allows test rides. If you have a MC license and proof of insurance what's the big deal? Who would want to buy something without ever going through each gear on it? And they never do demo ride days like another motorcycle company I know. What gives???

I've bough so many bikes the shop owner lets me ride whatever I want. When I was looking at my Busa it was back in the used section and I was like, "hey I wanna take that bike for a ride." The guy in that section didn't know me...he was new or something. I walked into Aaron Pitts's office and was like WTF?!. He calmly took a business card from his desk and wrote..."Doug can ride whatever the F**K he wants, signed Aaron. I took that card back to the kid in the used section and gave it to him. He looked at me and said, "let me get you a key." I never had another problem. I bought the Busa after I rode it to.

Last edited:
I don't know of ANY dealer here in VA that will let you ride a big CC bike unless you know someone. Even used. I bought my 04'Busa without ever riding it.

All of our dealers here in NW Arkansas encourage test rides and allow you to take anything out as long as you have a motorcycle license and experience in the type of bike you are taking out...

I guess it really comes down to the dealer. H-D is similar in this way. They encourage a test ride prior to the purchase. Most dealerships even have a special loop for you to go on. And they look at the mileage to insure you didn't go anywhere you weren't suppose to. There is a waiver signing, which I assumed would be in place anyway. Just dealer to dealer stuff.

This is true. But i can also see the dealers point. Take off on a bike and they will never see it again, or oops i forgot to put my foot down and you just dropped it over on its side. Now a busa is more than a few cars, and they just won't fall over, scratch the frame and it totaled right there in the parking lot.
yea, "Gee I sure am sorry bout that" does not pay for very much paint work :laugh:

I never test rode mine.

I did research on it.

Sat on it to see how it felt.

Purchased it and never looked back.

Pretty much no one rides mine either. there are a few members on this board I would let ride it, other than that, pretty much no one else. not even family.

+1. A couple members here have rode it. Many have asked to ride it," NO " is the answer.

Problem solved.....

Find this Dealership!

- YAMAHA R1 BIKE - TEST DRIVE - GOOD LAUGHT![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have taken a Buell for a test ride, but that was like six of us and following an instructor. Never seen anyone get to take a liter bike out, or for that matter any sport bike, its just to great of risk for the stealership to take.
If your looking pretty hard at one, you must have your mind made up, go ahead and take the Nestea plunge, i really dont think you will regret it....

Here, after they get though rolling on the floor laughing, then they tell you NO!!! I know lets go to Shawnee Cycle Plaza, and tell them Gsxcite said, we could test ride all the new bikes.:thumbsup::laugh:

LMAO...Lets go...I want to test out some 09 models....Well pack a lunch and make a day trip out of it... :rofl: :cheerleader: :beerchug:

:snap: I thought they were gonna let my right wrist test drive a new busa:cookoo::corner: for thinking that.:laugh:

Just buy one already. Bought mine without riding first and let me tell you, there are no regrets here. All the power you can want and it's fun pulling up to other sport bikes at a light and seeing the rider cringe.lol!!!!

I found out about this "little" stumbling block during my research for the buy. I was also considering the ZX-14. My dealers will let you test ride anything but a sport bike. Great!

Never having ridden ANY modern sport bike and coming from a string of classic standards, I opted to take the Keith Code course using their ZX-6R. Killed two birds with one stone - got some experience on a sport bike and learned a lot of great stuff about how to ride bikes in general.

Still, I bought my Hayabusa without ever having done more than sit on one in a showroom. Very scary stuff, but it worked out for the best!

Best of luck!

Back