So I went and demo'd some Triumphs

Rongotti

Registered
A buddy of mine rides a Speed Triple and he invited me to the Triumph dealer to demo their full line of bikes. They have a semi truck which travels the U.S. demoing their bikes. What a gorgeous day in Florida to ride. So you were allowed to ride two bikes (but they were letting people ride more). I decided that I wanted to ride the new Daytona and this bad @$$ looking cruiser called the Thunderbird Storm I rode the storm first and let me tell you, within 2 minutes it had me salivating. It felt, sounded and looked awesome! I now officially want a cruiser and this will be the one for me. I went to ride the Daytona but decided to do the Rocket III instead. Everyone was like ohh torque this and torque that, I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately the ride on the Rocket was not half as exhilarating as the Thunderbird. I personally was not at all impressed with the power and the ride sucked it was way more cramped on your feet than the Thunderbird was. What an awesome day, it is not very often that you have a 10 to 12 bike assortment to pick from to go on an 11 mile run. I highly recommend this to anyone who has a Triumph dealer near them.

Every bike week i used to go and test ride everything. Good times lol

I have a 96' Triumph Daytona 1200, a bike I will probably never sell. 160hp (after a little work), 85'# of torque, carbs, lumpy cams, attitude and a blast to ride. It just doesn't have enough get up and go...thus the Busa. Performance parts are almost non-existant for the D12 though so it will stay mainly stock.

Flaming Gorge large.jpg

Hell yea awesome bike! I really like Triumph, I like that you don't see a lot of them. I like being the underdog. Thats probably the ONLY negative about the busa, that so many people ride them and they are the king of the hill. Well that and that in Jacksonville people extend the swing arm and slam them making them look like ish lol.
Very fun day though and I will definitely look for some test rides in Daytona

that thunderbird storm looks pretty sharp for a cruiser. i purposely avoid test riding so i won't get the fever for something else.

Bleh, my first bike is a triumph, I went back a year or two later for there demo days to test ride a speed triple and the 675 (I was itching for a new bike, thus the Busa a little later). I was told, from the store owner, the guy that sold me my bike (small shop) that I was too young to test ride any of the bikes. That kinda burned me a little bit, the very guy that sold me a bike a year or two ago, is telling me I can't test ride a bike because I wasn't 25. Those a-holes shouldn't send spam mail asking you to attend their demo days if they realize the purchaser of one of their f'n bikes is too young to test ride them anyway.

Hope you had fun, thanks for letting me vent. If they woulda let me test ride, I probably wouldn't be the owner of a Busa, so I suppose that is a win win for Suzuki. I still want to try a speed triple though, looks fun.

Back