New Jersey Hayabusa Buy or Wait??

GanjahMan

Registered
Ive been saving my beans for months, and within the next 3-5 months Ill have enough for my Busa with a straight out cash buy. First I havent rode in 9 years, but I have been riding for years before that (CBR1000, CB750F) I want to know about some things here in Jersey. Is there going to be a physical riding test conducted by the DMV? My last MC license was in Virginia Beach, and the laws there are much different. Also, what kind of $$ is insurance running for around here, I have a perfect driving record, 31 years old, not married. Also, is it worth getting an 04 Busa now, or would it be a better choice to wait for the 05 to be released?

GanjahMan,

WELCOME!
biggrin.gif

First off no Busa is a bad BUSA if your buying NEW! Just shop around and make sure you get a good deal. If not the best at least what seems fair to you.

As for the NJ DMV, I don't know but you can't go wrong with a MSF safety course. Most states accept them as a motorcycle test so.....you just take your MSF card down to the DMV and they give you a motorcycle license. Not only is it a easy way to get your license but will be a good refresher since you haven't ridden in a while.

As far as insurance it all depends but from what I have seen with high HP cars or any other toys, NY/NJ seem to be some of the highest. Just make sure you tell them it's a GSX1300-R NOT GSX-R 1300! Depending on the insurance company, they seem to try and rape you if it is anything GSXR!

Your best bet is to just shop around. I am paying less than $300 for 6-months with USAA and I'm only 23! Seems that most people that don't have USAA get the best rates with State Farm. It does help if you have multi vehicles with them though. Also you will get a discount with the MSF course.

As far as the 04 or 05 Busa!?!?! They have been saying major changes next year for the last couple years so get what you like/want and have fun. If your constantly trying to get the Newest fastest thing, you might be waiting a while.

Until then the Hayabusa has been the BEST all around bike since it's introduction in 1999!

Once again, WELCOME and post pics when you decide on a year/color!
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

you haven't ridden in NINE YEARS .

you smoke alot of dope .

you gonna up an' ride Busa now....

you be the yellow guy....O.K. I'll be the green guy .

kiddin....sorta .

hav a GROOVY 1.......RSD.

nutkick.gif

you smoke alot of dope .

you be the yellow guy....O.K.   I'll be the green guy .

kiddin....sorta .

That's funny sheeeet

He's just yankin yer chain.......you'll be fine.....just be careful up around 190.......don't lift yer head up to fast......yer helmet will rip it off.
tounge.gif
poke.gif
super.gif

If you get one you will never want to get off it. I say get it now! I know I wouldn't be able to wait another year!
biggrin.gif

Ganj,take the MSF course then you won't have to take the riding test with the DMV.You also might want to slow your roll and get your riding skillz back together because the BUSA is UNFORGIVING.Also check out Rider INS company they are the cheapest in NJ $1437/yr depending on your age.Its a good bike and you won't enjoy it if it scares the s**t out of you.

you smoke alot of dope .

you be the yellow guy....O.K.   I'll be the green guy .

kiddin....sorta .

your a riot id love to just sit and talk too you some day in person and here all your veiws on things ill bet it would be some very interesting conversation
40__s.gif
beerchug.gif

oh and get the bike when you can and just take it easy or go nuts and have a ball only you know your limits i took it easy on mine for the first 400 miles then the pounding began just watch you speed on that parkway
wink.gif

you won't regret when you get one... its the most amazing bike I've ridden.

Back