You can't test ride Busa's???

Just because YOU ride in there on a cruiser...how does the dealer know that you can handle "the fastest production bike in the world" ??? It's just easing off the throttle right? Not full blast from green light.

The HD could belong to somebody else too...too much liability to allow test rides on sport bikes... Registration and license?

Just sayin

I've never seen a dealer that will let you ride a new bike off the floor for a test ride. Most will let you ride a used bike, if you can convince them you're serious about a sale, and have a proper license and seem like you know what you're doing.

Most moto dealers these days don't have demo bikes or rentals, particularly in liter and up sport bikes.

So deciding on a sport bike can be a very taxing decision if you've never ridden one.

Good luck.

They are making minimal margins on those bikes so it wouldn't make sense to sell something for less than they paid for it. Take the plunge, you won't regret it. Many people on this board own HD's also, I am one of them. I use it for getting groceries. :thumbsup:

:rofl: @ groceries. I was thinking of the Busa as a scoot around. Probably only ride during the summer. Look like it would get chilly on there.

Just sayin

Well once you do get a ride on a Busa...come back and read this thread. If you get into the throttle of a Busa, like you need to get into that HD to get it out of it's own way...you'll be on your ass...faster than you think possible :banghead:

You have to respect what you're riding.

No chit, just don't let her bite you in the ass...it's easier than you would think :poke:

'08-'09 Busa is 300-400 lbs lighter, and has over 100 MORE HP to the rear wheel than what you are used to.

No chit, just don't let her bite you in the ass...it's easier than you would think :poke:

'08-'09 Busa is 300-400 lbs lighter, and has over 100 MORE HP to the rear wheel than what you are used to.

That's kinda the point. Wouldn't understand buying two bikes that were exactly the same. Although some do that.

Last edited:
Well once you do get a ride on a Busa...come back and read this thread. If you get into the throttle of a Busa, like you need to get into that HD to get it out of it's own way...you'll be on your ass...faster than you think possible :banghead:

I do agree with this statement. I rode a friend's harley after riding the busa and felt like I had to go WOT to get it to move. When you get your busa DO NOT throttle it like a harley. Go really easy first till you get use to how much hp and torque it's got. You'll be amazed, I promise. There's no replacement for actually being in the sadle and experiencing it. There's no way any of us could explain it the way it really is. The average HD speedo goes to what? About 85-100. You've got 85-100 MORE on the busa, and believe me, it'll get there. . . Fast. . . She'll roast the rear tire doing a roll on in 1st gear if you're not careful. I'm not bashin on the HD, just tryin to make sure you somewhat know what to expect.

I have come across a couple dealerships that allow test rides after some experience questioning and paperwork. I have dealt with dealerships that there test ride policy is once you buy it and are insured for it and paperwork is complete they allowed a 2 hour window for full cancelation upon returning with no damage to the bike. It really was a decent deal. But everyone is right, there is just to much risk in allowing test rides for these machines with these capabilities. And you can not pick and choose between the obvious experinced adult and the youthful kid looking for a free ride. Just cut them all off. I just do not like the you eat the depresation aspect if you don't like the bike, and can not return. Within reason.

Riding my whole life and never heard of a dealership letting you test drive a motorcycle except Victory.???

The one thing that would solve any issues they have, is a test ride waiver. Make a form out that states that the company is not liable for any injury or death during test ride, and that any damage done during the test ride must be covered by the person test riding. Add in whatever little odds and ends they need to cover their arse, and then they have a legally binding contract toward any damage, and also are clear from lawsuits if something goes south. Potential buyer signs form, then goes for his or her test ride. If the person doesn't come back with the bike, the dealer has the name, DL#, maybe even adress if they decide to include that on the form. Should be fairly easy to recover a bike if you have all the persons info. Then if something happens, and they don't want to pay up, the dealer's got a signed document from the rider saying he'll pay up... I'm pretty sure I can guess how long that court case would be... Then if they do this for a while and have a lot of problems with it, they terminate the program and go back to not allowing test rides. I doubt there would be much issue with it though.

The dealer near me is being really funny about test riding Busa's. Who in the Upstate SC area atleast within 100miles allows test rides. If you have a MC license and proof of insurance what's the big deal? Who would want to buy something without ever going through each gear on it? And they never do demo ride days like another motorcycle company I know. What gives???

Probably cause they know what everyone else knows it's the baddest bike on the planet:rofl: stop dancing around it an fork over the money an get the hell out a here already with it. :poke:

:rofl::rofl:

The dealer near me is being really funny about test riding Busa's. Who in the Upstate SC area atleast within 100miles allows test rides. If you have a MC license and proof of insurance what's the big deal? Who would want to buy something without ever going through each gear on it? And they never do demo ride days like another motorcycle company I know. What gives???

I have yet to see ANY motorcycle dealership that will let you demo ANYTHING unless they have a used trade-in....but, certainly not a busa. Demo days are the only way.

I test rode my 'Busa prior to buying. However, that was a private seller, and I left the full amount in cash in his hands. The deal was: if I bring the bike back intact, I am free to decide whether I want it or not; if I mess up - I bought it.

Needless to say, after a 30 min ride I was back (with the bike intact), and I wanted the bike.

If you have cash for the bike let him hold it, you break it you bought it. or complete" the financing and all the paperwork on the condition that IF you like it you'll buy. Thats how my buddy test drove his ZX14, cash provides a nice security blanket

I have yet to see ANY motorcycle dealership that will let you demo ANYTHING unless they have a used trade-in....but, certainly not a busa. Demo days are the only way.

My brother test drove the new 900 Ninja when it first came out back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. No deposit no credit or anything. But I am sure a few horror stories happened between then an now that got the dealers looking for some security or guarantee before letting someone try a machine.

Cauyse I would go test drive a Lambo right now an at every dealer that had one but I am sure they would make sure I at least had a chance at buying it first... credit check or something.

Back