You can't test ride Busa's???

Are you guys for real, you have dealerships that will take your money and not let you test ride, I have ridden pretty much every bike out there from the Big 4, hell on the B-King the dealership told me to take it out for a while becasue they needed a review of the bike to tell customers how it rides.

I have ridden ZX-12, busa, zx-10r,gsxr1000,z1000, you name it rode it all from dealerships in Iowa.

Brenny's Motorcyle Clinic Bettendorf
Iowa City Motorsports
Fun Mart
Hawkeye Motorworks

All 4 dealerships have ridden Brand new bikes from

Man. Never bought blind like this before. I think I've rode every bike H-D has ever built. I didn't know it would be like this. I'll have to find a spot that allows a rental. Just feels weird to put that kind of coin down before you ride it, you know? It's not like if you don't like it you can turn it in a week later for the same price you paid.

Call me what you want, but I wouldn't want a bike that someone else test-drove... even for just a few miles.

Never known one to allow test rides either,

And should the day ever come that I want to sell Misty ( Calm down girl ) She will be sold with no test ride as well.

No test ride here. I bought mine still in the crate in the winter. Didn't see it until I took delivery 3 month later.

No regrets.

Bought mine over the phone. My sales person told me they had the good looking Orange/Black. I said sold I will be they in a couple of hours to pick it up. The dealer said give us three hours to have it ready to go. I had never ridden a BUSA before. But I could kick myself in the A_ _ for not buying a Busa years ago. I am lucky I have a really great dealership in my area. I have been doing business with them for about 14-15 years. I am comfortable in saying that I could probably test ride in bike they have on the Showroom Floor.

Are you guys for real, you have dealerships that will take your money and not let you test ride, I have ridden pretty much every bike out there from the Big 4, hell on the B-King the dealership told me to take it out for a while becasue they needed a review of the bike to tell customers how it rides.

I have ridden ZX-12, busa, zx-10r,gsxr1000,z1000, you name it rode it all from dealerships in Iowa.

Brenny's Motorcyle Clinic Bettendorf
Iowa City Motorsports
Fun Mart
Hawkeye Motorworks

All 4 dealerships have ridden Brand new bikes from

Yeah, I'm kinda like you. If you got the insurance to cover what's the big deal. Harley's cost weigh more than Busa's so it must be a, scared you will kill yourself thing. Can't be a price thing. But hopefully I'll find one who at least rents. Else, I'll just have to go blind like everyone else.

Man. Never bought blind like this before. I think I've rode every bike H-D has ever built. I didn't know it would be like this. I'll have to find a spot that allows a rental. Just feels weird to put that kind of coin down before you ride it, you know? It's not like if you don't like it you can turn it in a week later for the same price you paid.
You are comparing a 75 HP bike to 190 HP bike. I would make you buy mine before I let you buy it or at least have the cash in my hand.

I never test rode mine.

I did research on it.

Sat on it to see how it felt.

Purchased it and never looked back.

Pretty much no one rides mine either. there are a few members on this board I would let ride it, other than that, pretty much no one else. not even family.

The local stealerships in my area won't allow a test ride unless it is a used bike like a trade in or so. The new bikes that are in the showroom don't even have all the fluids in them from my understanding. I was told that once it is what they called serviced, it is considered used. In Augusta, GA there is a polaris dealer that will let you test ride though. Other than that, you will just have to beg or pay someone to let you ride theirs.:laugh:

Local dealer let me test ride a Busa, but he said since I rode up on a new 1800 Goldwing, he was pretty sure I could afford to pay for it if I wrecked it.

So, borrow a buddies Goldwing.:thumbsup:

Call me what you want, but I wouldn't want a bike that someone else test-drove... even for just a few miles.

+1

If I were in the market for a brand new Busa, that is what I would want, a brand new Busa. I dont want any more than 30 miles on the thing, and there better be a good explanation for 30 miles.

I think mine had like maybe 2 miles on it when I bought it. and I think that was just to make sure the tires and chains and stuff were on right.

If a dealer couldnt get me one that had never been riden I would go somewhere else

So the concern really is safety? Not actual replacement cost of the bike.
I would think that would be the case. I have never been able to test ride any sport bikes I have ridden. I was told that the dealer insurance would not cover the costs if something were to happen. Consider this, you own a bike and give someone permission to ride it. They go out and kill themselves. Who is the family going to come after. Not a chance I would take unless it was a close friend and I knew his riding experience. The Hayabusa goes faster in 1st gear than most Harleys in 5th WOT hence there is a huge safety factor.

Last edited:
Couldn't they designate ONE Busa as a demo? Then sell it later for a lower cost. I mean, some dealerships still have 2008s sitting on the floor right. Sounds like good candidates.

I would think that would be the case. I have never been able to test ride any sport bikes I have ridden. I was told that the dealer insurance would not cover the costs if something were to happen. Consider this, you own a bike and give someone permission to ride it. They go out and kill themselves. Who is the family going to come after. Not a chance I would take unless it was a close friend and I knew his riding experience. The Hayabusa goes faster in 1st gear than most Harleys hence there is a huge safety factor.

I can understand that. I just thought an endorsed license and insurance would cover it. I'm new to the sportsbike world, so it's just learning.

Pretty certain if I ride up on my Electra Glide the dealer will know I can afford it.:lol:

Just because YOU ride in there on a cruiser...how does the dealer know that you can handle "the fastest production bike in the world" ???

The HD could belong to somebody else too...too much liability to allow test rides on sport bikes...

Couldn't they designate ONE Busa as a demo? Then sell it later for a lower cost. I mean, some dealerships still have 2008s sitting on the floor right. Sounds like good candidates.
They are making minimal margins on those bikes so it wouldn't make sense to sell something for less than they paid for it. Take the plunge, you won't regret it. Many people on this board own HD's also, I am one of them. I use it for getting groceries. :thumbsup:

3-15-09 032.jpg

Call Lacy at Honda East in Toledo and she will ship you one for probably less than you can buy one locally.

Back