You Bridgestone haters have to see this! :-)

What are we talking about here anyway, wet/dry grip or tire wear?

I've got a set of BT015s with about 3,000 miles on them and I've never had an issue with grip, but I'm about down to the wear bars in middle. Not a whole lotta twisties going on around here so as much as I try to wear them evenly there's still plenty of meat on the sides. So if were talking wear, yeah they're not a high mileage tire.

Sorry Tufbusa, I think they were crap for ME. I got 2000 miles out of the 15 and 2000 miles out of the 16 on a Busa with 42psi in both tires. And not once did I do any burn outs! Now yes I think they held up very good for me in the twisties, but miles vs cost they are CRAP!!!! I am sure on a 600 your gonna get me miles out of them than again they are a bit lighter then the Busa's. We all have different preferences, and opinions on tires/ mods. I now run the Meztler Z6 with Nitrogen have 1600 miles and they look new still.:thumbsup:

I agree with you 100%. Good choice with the Z6. You are taylor made for touring tires! :beerchug:

What you have to remember is Bridgestone is the king of the track at the moment. The Squillions of $$$ they put into tyre technology to run at the pinnacle of motorcycle racing namely motoGP, that technology thru research and development filters down to the street pretty rapid so they can make some of their coin back on their investment.

I find the 015's faultless !!

I also run with BT-016s, they grip well and for me inspire confidence when in the twisties. :thumbsup:

Somehow I stuck with Bridgestones. I am about to finish the set of '14. I lost count how many sets of those I've used, and never had a problem - street or track - rock solid all the way to the edge. I am not the fastest out there, but I like to stick with what works for me. I thought I punctured my tire last fall and got a set of '16 sitting in my garage ready.

I think most modern tires are pretty good. Folks just fall in love with a certain tire and feel other tires are not as good. I think an objective test would be to do a blind tire swap for 10 different laps, and the rider has to blindly say what lap felt good tire wise. If the rider consistently selects the same type of tire, than that's it. If it's more like random, than it's in the rider's head.

I love my 16's, the majority of people on here can't ride to a tires potential anyway. If your having problems with the 16's it's not the tire, maybe your tire pressure or the way your bike is set up.

I agree with you 100%. Good choice with the Z6. You are taylor made for touring tires! :beerchug:

Everyone I know rides with PP 2CT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them tried the BT16 and have ALLWAYS gone back...........

My 2 CENTS

Although these photos leave no doubts the BT016 to be a formidable weapon street or track, I'd have to say my favorite street/track tire is still the Dunlop Qualifier/Qualifier Q2.

I have converted at least two dozen riders from PP's to Q's and as far as I know, not a singe one has gone back to the PP's. Although this last year I have been on 16's for street and the odd track day with no complaints whatsoever! The only reason I ride 16's is they are fifty bucks a set less.

I have converted a number of riders from PP's to 16's as well, just not as many as Qualifiers.

Although most of us really don't need high performance tires on our daily rides, it's surely a confidence builder to know you have exceptional grip if you need it! :beerchug:

Back