You have GOT to get this video.

OB_SoreHead

Registered
I got my copy of Fast Bikes Total Carnage video which was an R1, Hayabusa, XX and a ZZR1100 doing an 800mile trip through France.

Sweet Jesus. You have got to get this video. It is total and complete madness. And for lovers of the Busa you'll see the real world difference between it and these bikes flat out.

And the good thing for lovers of the others is it has the best of each of them in the places where they have advantages over the others.

You can order it from them with details from www.fastbikesmag.com

You will not regret it. I was shitting myself just watching the things they were up to on public roads.

CAREFUL GUYS: You can't get Mach 2 Carnage in the North American format (NTSC). It's a PAL format tape that can only play on British & some Euro equipment. There's a link on fastbikesmag.com that puts you onto the U.S. distributor, but he doesn't have Mach 2 in NTSC.

If you're desperate to see the tape, you CAN order the PAL tape from England and have a local video service convert it to NTSC at some expense. But It'll lose a generation and some quality.

Thanks anyway Sorehead.

Got those Metzelers yet? How do they work on the mossy dewy roads of Ireland?

It should convert ok? I've seen videos converted both ways and they're ok. It is definitely worth the expense if you do get it done though. Fantastic. You have to see the R1 showing 190 on the clock and the Busa just breeze past like you wouldn't believe. Incredible sight. And on public roads. Mad bastards.

I haven't changed the tyre yet. I still have plenty of life in my back one and not enough money to change just for fun. Do you reckon it's ok with the ME on the back and the bridgestone up front or did you change both?

The Bridgestone is certainly "entertaining" on our wet roads. Entertaining in a "oh christ I'm dead" kind of a way of course.

Completely agree with you about the video, the best video these guys have produced to date. Others are a bit lame but this one really hits the spot. Wheelies, burnouts, crashes, powerslides and just pure manic speed.

quality should be ok for conversion if you get a good shop to do it, no noticeable reduction on a second generation copy using good gear.

Sorehead, if you're switching tires for better wet traction, the front tire's the most important one, right?

There's no inherent danger in mixing tires, and you can use various tire mixes to get the traction/cornering capabilities that suit your riding style and conditions.

For me on the street it's turn in and traction on the front, and big patch on the back.

If I were you in the Irish mist, I'd sell my sister as many times as it took to get ME Z3s all around.

Then I'd be safe and she'd be, well, not a lady anymore.

I might need to get a new tyre sooner then I thought. I was just down moving my bike so they could get a car out and decided to play and do some burnouts while I waited.

They don't look as healthy as they did earlier today. DOH!!!!!!

I spoke to the US distributor earlier this
week and was told they would have this video in the converted format in about a month? I posted the info in the thread that dazee started about this video and he(dazee) was looking for JP owners.

SoreHead Totally agree those guys are mad, another two good videos are How To Pull Wheelies & Influence People Part 2 and the other is Pulp Friction Part 2. The video has one guy doing a wheelie up to 130 mph on one of the bikes along with a whole heap of other wild stuff, worth having a look at if you can. Harv.

HTPW part 2 also shows what happens when you get a false neutral to 3rd gear when pulling a wheelie, that had to hurt !!!

Not sure if this will help, but has anyone bought a new VCR in the last few months??

Most of the new VCRs sold here in Australia (Panasonic, JVC, Sanyo) are PAL/SECAM/NTSC compatible, meaning that they play tapes from anywhere. If you can buy one of these, you can play the tape you order from the UK. My friend just bought the Panasonic, we can now order tapes straight from the USA and play them.

I wish we could all just go the the same format. If PAL is better I would be willing to make the change once and for all. Same with the metric system. Remember way back in the 70's in grade school how we all learned the metric system because we were supposed to be making the change and be consistant with the rest of the world? Whatever happened to that? It would take some getting used to but wouldn't be long before it was "second nature". Oh well - there I go using common sense again!

dazee ref the crash in the tunnel, dont tell me that wouldnt have scared the crap out of the guy and he is back doing the same things a few days later , he's got balls that guy. Harv.

SoreHead - I'm skeptical about the R1 doing 190MPH. Top end is typically ~170. Are you sure it wasn't 190 KPH (120MPH) ?

[This message has been edited by Turbo (edited 25 September 1999).]

Thanks dazee. Any chance you could just convert the whole thing so I don't have to wait for a month?! :) Just kidding.

Back