Hayabusa on TLC - Extreme Machines!

G

I got some info from the owner of an XX
who allowed Extreme Machines to shoot
video of his bike. He thought it was just
a show about the XX. They (Extreme Machines) sent him a letter and a tape of the actual show that will be broadcast and it turns out that it will be a HAYABUSA VS XX project.It airs at 7pm and 10pm here (Central Zone)[Wed June 30th] -it's also airing in the wee hours on Sunday.
If this show is half as good as the Extreme
Machine programs I've watched in the past
it should kick ass! Get your VCR's ready!

Todd, thanks for the info. I just got through watching the the short 2 minute segment on the bikes, I was really hoping for lots more than they showed. One thing that I cant ever figure is the myth that the Honda Blackbird has been the worlds fastest production bike for two years. All I have ever read is that it was basically a tie with the ZX11, Honda has no rigtful claim to that title, that title belonged to the ZX11 until the Hayabusa was released, fair is fair.

I also wished it had been longer - like the
entire HOUR! I feel a little sorry for the
XX owner - Gawain Reifsnyder who was the
rider on the Honda on the show - shot in
Tennessee. He didn't know they were going to use his bike as a setup for the introduction to the mighty Hayabusa until
yesterday. Personally I think the Busa deserves a whole show to itself but as an owner I'm a bit biased. :) Wish I got SpeedVision so I could see the segment they had on the Busa - I've been petitioning our cable company for two years to give us SV.
Wonder what I need hardware/software wise to turn some of tonight's show into an AVI?

I recorded the stuff on SpeedVision tonight, and will also get the TLC minutes on tape. I'll start looking into just how large it would be for a mpeg. I have a SGI box that I can create mpegs......I'll let you know.

Sabor,

Yes I checked into DSS some time ago but after adding up all the xtra receivers and premium programming I would need for SV, ESPN1&2 and everything else I currently have is was going to cost about four times what I'm paying now - all just for SV. We have 4 TV's on cable, wife and kids just don't enjoy racing as much as I do and need their own setups. [common problem I bet] - Thanks anyway. Jeff - I'll take any and all mpegs you create from the SV show no matter what the size. I'll just use the T1 at work to download!

Thnx todd for the heads up on extreme machines. It WAS short, but like anyone addicted to the BUSA, something is better than nothing. One things for sure, this bike is destine to get alot of attention both good and bad. Its sure to attract the steroid taking, gym livin, adrenaline overloaded biker wannabe who will undoubtedly smack it up and give the bike a bad rep. Not to memtion that the insurance companies are sure hike the rates on the "fastest bike in the world". Oh well, the price of fame is expensive, and i love my BUSA. -Peace

Back