You Bridgestone haters have to see this! :-)

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
[URL="
[/URL]

Bridgestone BT016 - An amazing tire!

How many times have we heard our friends use terms like CRAP - JUNK - WORTLESS etc when discribing their experience with Bridgestones?

Check out the you tube link above and have a peek at the photo below. I think you'll be a little more reluctant to trash the BTO16s in the future :whistle:

These are both street bikes with non racers in the saddle. One on a GSXR600 and the other is an R6. The R6 is one of our locals.

SteveO

BTO16 elbow down.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never have problems out of my bridgestones. I have no chicken strips once so ever and push them everytime out on the street. I think most people who say they dont like them just jump on the bandwagon and really cant/dont ride their bikes to the point that they can out ride the tires.

they got my vote! i just ordered a new bt-016 front to match the rear that i picked up a few months back.

The 15's are CRAP - JUNK - WORTHLESS! The 16's are ok....I wouldn't buy a set, but they're not an awful tire like the 15's.

The Dunlop Q2's have won me over for the foreseeable future.

The 15's are CRAP - JUNK - WORTHLESS! The 16's are ok....I wouldn't buy a set, but they're not an awful tire like the 15's.

The Dunlop Q2's have won me over for the foreseeable future.

I romped the ass off several sets of 15's before the 16's became available and I beg to differ with you but I found the 15's to be a very capable tire street or track. But I do agree with you that the 16's have raised the performance bar! :beerchug:

While I respect your opinion greatly Tuf. Personal experience with the 15's has it so I don't buy them nor do I trust the 16's.

I don't claim to be a great rider I just kinda tool around jaunt the speed a little bit and get very little lean. My chicken strips are about the width of the tire,ok not that large but you get the jist, and prolly wont get any smaller until I can get to my first track day and learn things properly.

Some people trust them some people don't. I don't personally trust them and watching someone with obviously more skill than myself doesn't change that fact. Who knows maybe I was just completely and utterly unlucky with the only bad pair in existence, but that is the breaks.

Now just to clarify I don't believe they are complete junk/crap/whatever else you said people called em or they wouldn't put em on bikes.

I have around 6000 miles on a bt-016 rear and just put a new front on about 300 miles ago. Im pretty impressed so far.

Sorry Tufbusa, I think they were crap for ME. I got 2000 miles out of the 15 and 2000 miles out of the 16 on a Busa with 42psi in both tires. And not once did I do any burn outs! Now yes I think they held up very good for me in the twisties, but miles vs cost they are CRAP!!!! I am sure on a 600 your gonna get me miles out of them than again they are a bit lighter then the Busa's. We all have different preferences, and opinions on tires/ mods. I now run the Meztler Z6 with Nitrogen have 1600 miles and they look new still.:thumbsup:

For everone that thinks BT015's are junk, that's the tire was running when the picture was taken that use for my avatar. I spent most of that day dragging my pegs and toes around the track.

We will find out how good the 016's are. They came stock on my 1k and the bash is gonna prove them good or bad.

I had the 15s on last year at the bash and they worked great, have had 2 sets of 16s this year and they were great also. going to try the Q2s at the bash this year and hopefully the will be a good tire also. :thumbsup:

We will find out how good the 016's are. They came stock on my 1k and the bash is gonna prove them good or bad.

I read that the ones that come on the stock bikes are different than the ones you can buy?
I have a set of 016's on now and I'm very confident on them. Of course its only my 2nd set of tires on the Busa and the 56's sucked. I could feel the bike "dancing" through the corners on those and never liked them.

Back