Yosemite NP in the mid 80s!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
They’ve opened up the Mariposa grove with the HUGE old growth trees with better walking trails in order to protect them (from us). It’s been closed for a year for maintenance and upgrading. The weather sure makes for nice riding around the park roads despite the traffic. Weekdays are best but due to the great weather I’m sure the tourists will be out in force. Takes about 45 minutes to get to a mile high+ and under the substantial forest shade areas, really makes for a nice ride. Of course, those w/o a bad knee and hip can stop and walk around all you want. Plenty to see everywhere you look. With the CBX fixed I have two bikes as well. Lodging is on me, chow is on you if you can make it out here.
4D218FFF-6C6D-4F58-AF18-11BCB779E9DE.jpeg

Looks gorgeous, the scale of it all makes NZ's mountains look small!
Our tallest peak (Mt Cook) is 12,300ft and your Mt Lyell is a little higher at 13,114ft but our roads don't go anywhere near as high as yours in YNP.
It's something I dream of, riding through your great big ol' US of A, and next year I will, but I don't know if we will ride through Northern CA. I really wanna see the midwest and Bonneville and the Black Hills of Dakota, anyway, dreams are free lol.

Back