WTF???

gcal

Registered
Here is the scoop.
A friend is looking to buy a decent used bike that is wrecked or in need of some work.
His thinking is that if he gets a wrecked bike he can just buy the parts an do the labor him self thus ending up with a decent bike for cheap.
He doesnt car about what kind of title it is, as long as it has one and he car get legal plates he's ok.

Any way he asked me for my help,
he knows im always on the board posting and he knows this board is full of good info.

So I figured the first place to start is ebay

WTF???

Thats all I got to say
look at what I found on the first page of my search:

http://listings.ebaymotors.com/pool1....ex.html

What ever happened to REAL people selling real bikes?
rock.gif
?

Were can I get a decent used bike at an ok price?
rock.gif

Can some on tell me how to go about this?
rock.gif

I'm looking for gixxer 1k, r1, cbr954, etc

(He's to short for the busa)

Thanks to all that answer,
gcal

<!--EDIT|gcal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080270138 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

Because they probably are and you can see thru them...It's gonna be hard to find what your looking for with the exception of taking a complete piece of shat...He should have started looking in the fall...
evil.gif

Dude go to www.iaai-bid.com If you have a buddy who has a dealers license you can bid on wrecked or insurance bikes in your area.. I am trying to work with my buddy and start buying the bikes that people don't buy back from there insurance and fix them up and resell them.

Dude go to www.iaai-bid.com  If you have a buddy who has a dealers license you can bid on wrecked or insurance bikes in your area.. I am trying to work with my buddy and start buying the bikes that people don't buy back from there insurance and fix them up and resell them.
i used to be an IAA member ( way long ago)
any way thats what im looking for
that type of bike
ill check there web site
my buddy still got a license (DLR wholeseller)
thanks

too short for a busa? last I looked busa's have a lower seat hieght than most other bikes? ... right??

Cycletrader seems like it has alot of legitimate deals... I guess just go gung ho and go touch/feel/taste the bike before you fork over the cash... any of the cash ya know.

good luck.. if I notice anythign I'll drop a line

gcal, I am in the same boat as your buddy, they all want way to much on e-bay so fuggem! I am looking for an unsurance wreck too, I am kicking myself hard for not buying my buddies wrecked 03 gsxr1k for $3200, it only had 2k miles on it and all it needed was a subframe, tail, fairing stay, front fairing, guages, and left panel, about $1000 in used parts !!!! aghhhhhhh!!!!
mad.gif
look for better deals at your local or state motorcycle road racing associations, guys turn bikes into track bikes then sell them after a bit, sometimes wrecked? and sometimes with all the street stuff?

too short for a busa?    last I looked busa's have a lower seat hieght than most other bikes? ... right??

Cycletrader seems like it has alot of legitimate deals... I guess just go gung ho and go touch/feel/taste the bike before you fork over the cash...  any of the cash ya know.

good luck.. if I notice anythign I'll drop a line
yea i know the busa has a low seat
he is the one that sold me my busa
he sold it cause its to wide and heavy for him he dropped it twice

your right about the touch and feel the bikes
thats what its coming to
im going to go do some leg work

gcal, I am in the same boat as your buddy, they all want way to much on e-bay so fuggem! I am looking for an unsurance wreck too, I am kicking myself hard for not buying my buddies wrecked 03 gsxr1k for $3200, it only had 2k miles on it and all it needed was a subframe, tail, fairing stay, front fairing, guages, and left panel, about $1000 in used parts !!!! aghhhhhhh!!!!
mad.gif
 look for better deals at your local or state motorcycle road racing associations, guys turn bikes into track bikes then sell them after a bit, sometimes wrecked? and sometimes with all the street stuff?
if i was next to you id kick you in the arss to

that was a good deal
thats what i am looking for also

im checking IAAI when i get a chance

Back