Stupid is as stupid does

If you feel you stepped in and did enough,then sleep soundly!

Sounds like the girlfriend isn't to bright either.

Truth of the matter is if you told him how much of a risk he puts himself and others in,he'll most likely just shrug it off.

There is no Known Medical cure for Stupidy.

Too bad this guy didn't do all kinds of stuff for his community. Then many of these comments would be down right disrespectful.

Why is it stupid to only ride with rear brakes but an individuals "choice" to ride without gear?

I agree with some of the other members that it would be a good idea to sit him down (along with his gf and family members if possible) and have a long talk about motorcycle safety and risk assessment. If it works then great and if it doesn't then at least you will have peace of mind when this idiot does kill or seriously injure himself.

My oldest son (14) has a friend (17) who is a new rider and has a Ninja 250. Whenever he comes around with it I give him tips about riding and I get on him if he isn't wearing his gear or if he has a passenger without gear. I don't really care if he thinks I am a PITA cause when he goes down for the first time, and believe me he will soon enough, he will realize I wasn't just BSing. If I didn't keep on him and he got hurt I would feel like crap for letting it go.

Be prepared to comfort (and teach) your Son when he's mourning his friend's death...

Too bad this guy didn't do all kinds of stuff for his community. Then many of these comments would be down right disrespectful.

Why is it stupid to only ride with rear brakes but an individuals "choice" to ride without gear?
A valid argument if not for the girl on the back . Any one with a room temprature IQ should be able to see the value of gear and know the possible out come for not using it. But is the girl old enough to make this decision on her own and I bet trusting her boyfriend she has no idea no front brake= almost no brake

too bad you just cant take the key from the kid, maybe suggest a motorcycle safety course or take him to your county morgue and tell him that's where hell end up if he doesn't straiten out....

man, i hope your boy doesn't follow this kids lead. i hate to say it, but that kid is one step away from taking a "dirt nap" w/ those bad habits. ???

Mistake #4 - Bike is not quite finished yet and is lacking a few PARTS but
he wont wait and starts to ride it. It only has one headlight (no big deal) and...
and...(drum roll)
and...the parts haven't come in for his FRONT BRAKES....he's riding around with
ONLY A REAR BRAKE and....
and...
and...WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND ON THE BACK....WOW. :banghead:

OK, the other stuff is pretty much him doin' himself harm. Kind of, but not really, since he's smacking into other things/cars/people on the road but at least he's the one getting injured in those deals...so far. His choice, he suffers the consequences.

However, this "Mistake #4", is putting EVERYBODY at greater risk AND he's directly risking death/serious injury to his girl who probably has no real understanding of the risk.

As a responsible citizen, it is your duty as a father and a human being to get this guy off the road until, at the very least, he has a front brake. Report him to the local vehicle inspection regulators, call the cops, tell his parents or, if it may actually work, talk him down.

Can't let that kind of ridiculous behavior go. Especially with someone who's already proven their less than competent with a fully functioning bike.

If this continues, there's a strong likelihood that innocents will get hurt or killed. Serious stuff.

B/c gear or lacke thereof relates ONLY to the rider in the event of an accident while LACK of BRAKES significantly increases the likelihood of an accident.

It's the difference between wearing a seat belt and driving a car with no/almost no brakes. You can still stop quickly without wearing a seat belt, but no seat belt will help you stop the car.

A valid argument if not for the girl on the back . Any one with a room temprature IQ should be able to see the value of gear and know the possible out come for not using it. But is the girl old enough to make this decision on her own and I bet trusting her boyfriend she has no idea no front brake= almost no brake

Agreed...

OK, the other stuff is pretty much him doin' himself harm. Kind of, but not really, since he's smacking into other things/cars/people on the road but at least he's the one getting injured in those deals...so far. His choice, he suffers the consequences.

However, this "Mistake #4", is putting EVERYBODY at greater risk AND he's directly risking death/serious injury to his girl who probably has no real understanding of the risk.

As a responsible citizen, it is your duty as a father and a human being to get this guy off the road until, at the very least, he has a front brake. Report him to the local vehicle inspection regulators, call the cops, tell his parents or, if it may actually work, talk him down.

Can't let that kind of ridiculous behavior go. Especially with someone who's already proven their less than competent with a fully functioning bike.

If this continues, there's a strong likelihood that innocents will get hurt or killed. Serious stuff.

100% Agree...

Otherwise we will have a post about how tragic it was and he died doing whay he loved and blah blah blah.....I'd rather see intervention before that type of post.

O.K....I got one for you.

My son has a childhood friend, they are both 22 now and have been friends for
years. And I am good friends with the family. However, his buddy is dumber
than a bag o' dirt.

You know how some people just don't have enough upstairs and should never
ever ride a motorcycle...my case in point.

His buddy buys a bike a couple of years ago...wrecks it, pretty bad wreck.
I think he breaks some bones (ankle I believe and fractured wrist).

So the kid gets some insurance money and decides he wants to ride again.

Mistake #1 - He goes and spends $8,900 on a USED cbr600. Was down at
the shop this weekend, they have a new ZX10R '08 for ....$8,900.

Mistake #2 - Kids riding home azzing around and following his girlfriend in an
eclipse. They take an onramp to fast, she runs up on another car, hits the brake
Shep the lost stooge, runs into the back of the eclipse. Smashing the crap out
of himself and the bike. They/he blame the guy in the other car :banghead:

I tell the Grampa...you need to get him off that bike, he's too (I'm being kind)
immature.

Mistake #3 - He starts to repair said bike with the cheapest fleabay parts he
can find, further depreciating a wrecked overpaid for bike.

O.k....here comes the latest and the kicker...

Mistake #4 - Bike is not quite finished yet and is lacking a few PARTS but
he wont wait and starts to ride it. It only has one headlight (no big deal) and...
and...(drum roll)
and...the parts haven't come in for his FRONT BRAKES....he's riding around with
ONLY A REAR BRAKE and....
and...
and...WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND ON THE BACK....WOW. :banghead:

Oh crap...dont you live near me??? I need details of the idiot and the bike...pics would be nice so I know who to watch out for.... I may even smack him upside his head at the local bike night.

Oh crap...dont you live near me??? I need details of the idiot and the bike...pics would be nice so I know who to watch out for.... I may even smack him upside his head at the local bike night.

Why? Isn't it his choice to ride the way he wants?

This is not a case of saving someone from themselves. I think the public is at significant danger, do everything possible to intervene or you may end up regretting you did not.

Why? Isn't it his choice to ride the way he wants?

Sure...are you serious? Because I dont wear a jacket I must be a supporter of illegal and unsafe riding? The bike is not legal without BOTH brakes. If I dont wear a jacket I hurt myself I dont kill other motorists or my ignorant girlfriend.

I am not sure where you come up with this stuff from sometimes man.:poke:

Back