Would you do this ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
At 80mph or so on I95 yesterday. When I took the pic I said to myself 'only in Florida !'
But after looking at it at home I notice they were from out of state.
Like a PA or NY plate not sure.

No helmets, No gloves, No proper shirts or jackets, No boots or proper pants.

Shorts and flip flops ! And yes the hgwy is wet, it just gave us a five minute shower.
Just enough to mix all the oil with the water and make it like ice.
I also did not realize it was a Bimmer until I got home.

LSR in Miami April 10.2010 139.jpg

Hes cool though you know.
Sunglasses on and hat backwards....
I wanna be just like that one day ...:thumbsup:

Central florida I see maybe 70% of sport bikers wearing gear and maybe
10% geared up of the cruiser crowd/goldwing crowd...and I'm being generous
with my estimates....and "geared up" for the cruiser/wingers consists of a
half helmet or open faced.

Dude, it's a BMW...so if the lean sensor detects a crash scenario they will be surrounded by Kevlar air bags. :laugh: I can't believe her hat is staying on her head though, that is amazing.

ignorance is bliss

I will admit I did not start out as the safety gear nazi i am today but after seeing some events of safety gear in action or situations where safety gear would have minimized, if not neutralized, an injury I became a believer. My first few months of riding I had a bad habit of riding in sneakers, then i witnessed a situation where a friend wearing low top boots would have been better protected by a taller boot. At least I am not so thick headed that I need to learn everything first hand.

Has enough money to afford a K1200 LT, but can't afford decent riding gear. And to answer your question... NO. I wear full gear every time I ride.

Dude, it's a BMW...so if the lean sensor detects a crash scenario they will be surrounded by Kevlar air bags. :laugh: I can't believe her hat is staying on her head though, that is amazing.

It doesnt have a windscreen its got a windshield !

I thought same thing about her hat.

I always wear at least helmet, gloves, leather/textile jacket, with jeans and Tims (my riding boots..i love em and been wearing tims since i was 5 on the farm before they were cool so :p)

I usually wear my Icon riding jeans. I just can't wear leather pants....to uncomfortable. Plus its not a big thing in Ohio like on the west coast as i understand it. I really wish they would make better riding jeans though.

See that a lot amongst the sport bike kids here. Shorts, no shirt, flip flops or tennis shoes.. and a $700 Arai helmet.:laugh:

We have a helmet law.

That thing she has on her head is kinda like a helmet though right?:rofl:

I've never really understood how you shift with flipflops on....I can barely walk down the driveway without them wanting to come off!

It hurts me to look at that pic. The amount of skin that would be removed, ouch. Riding on I95 on any given day makes me a little white knuckled never mind dressed like that.

Back