Won’t shift into first?

Klutch556

Registered
So I installed these driven TT rearsets. Bike was in 1st when I installed them. What’d I good time up guys? I went from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 2nd but then it wouldn’t go back down to first. Just neutral. I’m assuming I jacked up the linkage somehow. But I’m not sure exactly how.

01CF90CE-D501-4BAB-B3C9-39EF10122DFA.jpeg

So I installed these driven TT rearsets. Bike was in 1st when I installed them. What’d I good time up guys? I went from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 2nd but then it wouldn’t go back down to first. Just neutral. I’m assuming I jacked up the linkage somehow. But I’m not sure exactly how.

View attachment 1629236
I have driven rearsets and don’t have any issues. Are you trying to shift through all gears with bike not moving or did you notice the issue while riding?

Looks like the shift rod may be too long now due to the strain gage for the quickshifter. May need to cut the rod some or order a couple different rods from Dynojet to get the length right.

@Klutch556 you have shift linkage that is adjustable at both ends.
As you lengthen the shift rod the shifter will climb. Put an 8MM wrench on the rod and a 10MM on the nuts and the rod will twist as it has a reverse threads at one end. If there is not enuff adjustment,do as Ken said and remove the the end of the shift linkage from the end of the shifter rod. 1 tooth is prolly enuff if the rod adjustment doesnt work,which I think it will. You need to remove that 10MM head bolt all the way and maybe put a tiny screwdriver in the slot opening the gap to get it off/on easier.The bike is so new,prolly not necessary.
Rubb.
shift linkage_LIfix.jpg

I owe you guys a beer the next time you’re down here in Ohio
One tooth rotation on the spline (I think that’s the right term) Was enough to get it almost perfect. A couple twists on the shift rod got it fine tuned into place.

Micro brewrey only please. I'm a beer snob with good taste.

Rubbersidedown I do believe, drinks turpentine and when he's feeling high tone makes Alqua Velva shooters at Christmas for his family. :poke:

LOL

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Micro brewrey only please. I'm a beer snob with good taste.

Rubbersidedown I do believe, drinks turpentine and when he's feeling high tone makes Alqua Velva shooters at Christmas for his family. :poke:

LOL

cheers
ken

I've caught him takin sips from the nitro methane cans on the track before.
You beer snob, i like you! i'm so against regular beer i started a company installing and servicing draft beer lines lol.
As for local breweries, we got Rivertown Brewery and FigLeaf Brewery near me, take your pick :D

Back