Gen 2 rearsets on Gen 3??

If you flip the QS it works just fine. The biggest problem you'll have is the clearance from the chassis to the QS. The Sato rearsets come with a new piece that connects to the shaft to give more clearance

Has anyone addressed the issue with the rear master cylinder line being to short to reposition with new rear sets? Looks like I need about 4 more inches to mount the cylinder to the new rear sets.

Really want to know more about this. I'm 6'2" and would love to move my feet 2 inches down and two inches back

Really want to know more about this. I'm 6'2" and would love to move my feet 2 inches down and two inches back
2x2 might be tough. I’m an inch down and an inch back. Vortex rearsets are clutch. If you’re on FB there is a guy that is a dealer that ships directly to ypu. I got mine for $300 to my door. Takes a little fab work or money to buy different shift rods for the quick shifter, and I cannot comment in the brake because my rear is deleted. But the rearsets themselves are a game changer

Has anyone addressed the issue with the rear master cylinder line being too short to reposition with new rear sets? Looks like I need about 4 more inches to mount the cylinder to the new rear sets.
It’s just brake hose. You should be able to get more at an auto parts store? My rearsets came with a new piece of hose but I don’t have a rear brake so didn’t try to Mount anything

2x2 might be tough. I’m an inch down and an inch back. Vortex rearsets are clutch. If you’re on FB there is a guy that is a dealer that ships directly to ypu. I got mine for $300 to my door. Takes a little fab work or money to buy different shift rods for the quick shifter, and I cannot comment in the brake because my rear is deleted. But the rearsets themselves are a game changer
can always upgrade to the woolich quickshifter and they supply new rods. Win Win on that one.

can always upgrade to the woolich quickshifter and they supply new rods. Win Win on that one.

So far so good. I cut the stock rod down and re tapped the RH threads and it's working so far. Im trying to decide between the Woolich QS and getting real shift rods from dynojet and just running the stock unit. So far everything seems to be working thought. Sato also offers new shift rod linkage with their rear sets. Im going to email them and see if they'll sell me just the shift rods

I am 6’ and love the new Gen3 but it is not comfortable for me either. Love the bike hate the rear sets position!

Here is a Quick breakdown of my experience with this rear set project on Gen3.

Bought some decent rear sets started with the rear break side and found that the line to the rear master cylinder was to short to mount the cylinder to the new rear sets. Started digging into the break lines and they are pretty complex with the ABS System. The two main lines are stainless and any rubber coming off those lines are all one piece. With the amount of pressure in the lines don’t want to just fab something up. Stopping is pretty important. :)

Found that CORE has a replacement braided line kit. Talked to their tech team and they were able to do a customer kit and add 4” to the master cylinder line for me. However, this is custom and non refundable. Kit was $275.00

Should resolve the issue though. Then just need to address the shift rod linkage.

Here is the link to the line kit I purchased.

I will post the results when I have it completed. Lines are supposed to be here tomorrow so should have it done by the weekend.

@SS4Luck how this proyect end did you mounted the Vortex rearsets can you please let us know? Thank you my brother
They’re on and working just find. I bought a shift rod sleeve and cut it down to make everything fit. I was talking to someone else on FB that was doing it too and he said he called vortex and they sent him the part he needed. Idk if they had originally sent him the wrong one or if you call them and let them know what you’re doing they know what you need.

It’s not a bolt on and go thing, but it is easier than installing a full exhaust in my opinion. I’ll get some pictures for you tomorrow.

They’re on and working just find. I bought a shift rod sleeve and cut it down to make everything fit. I was talking to someone else on FB that was doing it too and he said he called vortex and they sent him the part he needed. Idk if they had originally sent him the wrong one or if you call them and let them know what you’re doing they know what you need.

It’s not a bolt on and go thing, but it is easier than installing a full exhaust in my opinion. I’ll get some pictures for you tomorrow.
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.
Okay Father’s Day ran long so I didn’t spend any time in the garage. But I have these on my phone.

The heim attatchment for the shift lever that comes with the rearsets is the issue. We’ll is the biggest issue, because it is Left hand thread. Vortex has one with the correct RH threads that will let the stock studs in the QS work. The second problem is the stock linkage is too long, but that you can just cut with a grinder and then use a 6mm tap to cut new threads.

The picturesnade from my first time installing when I realized just how much too long the stock linkage was.
355B7232-3EB8-4A5E-AC4F-DA572A600279.jpeg

31C9AA19-9637-4F84-B386-1326E97460EF.jpeg

9261477F-07B1-4655-BA99-B43C1F967E09.jpeg

Also, I’ve found the exhaust makes a big difference on where you can drop everything. My M4 I could either go down or back from stock, but not both of my foot would rest on the pipe right before the muffler. With my Arata I have them all the way down and back (like in the picture) and everything has tons of room.

0FD6F322-74C9-452C-B76F-EE682C5A0BEE.jpeg

These are another forum member. I can’t remember who but they had them on before I did. Their pegs are mounted an 1” or more forward from where I have mine and it looks like they could just the stock studs from the QS

C30CE78B-9A77-4E39-B3C2-A52D7D41A447.jpeg

Back