Witnessed a horrible M/C accident today.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Dec. 17 2006,00:48)
(Rocketman @ Dec. 16 2006,21:27) Any idea what caused the bike to wash out?  He had to lean hard you said - everyone says to trust your tires.  Why didn't his hold?

I'm looking to learn from this.  I'm glad he's alive and not with any head or organ injury.  Those bones will heal up thankfully.  

We'll keep him in our prayers.
He was running Dunlop Qualifiers.

Approx 1500 miles or so on them

12 miles at highway speeds in 52 degree weather was not enough to sufficently soften the side walls, for the lean angle he attempted.
What am i missing here! Cops got the bike back to further the investigation! 15 miles of super slab won't put enough heat in the tire to make em stick! in 50 deg weather! And you say 38 at some point of that crash! Sport bike riders couped up for a while and get a nice day to ride and they are going 38 on a nice curve. Or was that 138!! 38 mph crash the bike would be close even on plastic sliders.
super.gif

That's too much smoke boys!! And you all are why I'm going to deals gap and the State Di*k* swarm all over use with a vengeance showin no mercy!! Does he have med insurance? Or are we going to have another fund drive.

sorry to hear about your friend
sad.gif
hope he heals quickly and they are able to put everything back straight on him and the bike

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The good Lord was looking out for him.
A friend of mine didn't make it when he went through the guardrails. It was the metal type Z posts that are like cheese graters. It took his limbs off.

Hope he recovers fine.

Damn sorry to hear about this.

--Wag--

There is an Update link in the Bandofriders thread. Post # 56

Currently, it is not looking good if you ask me.

I am no doctor, but seeing the damage I did see yesterday,

He has a very long road ahead of him.

OMg...that doesn't sound good at all. He's got a long way ahead of him....I hope he make out ok.
that must have sucked to see Timmy.

Very sorry he isn't able to walk out in a week or so! But he is very lucky to be there in one pc. Most that tangle with any rail aren't.

Said it was on an off camber road?
Need to remember that the bike leans much further for the same amount of steerage on off cambers. Then you have gravity pulling the spinning bike futher and that doesn't help any either.
Police can re-create an apporximate speed once they know all the variables but that is still asking a bit much for a situation like this unless they are trying to crack down on things and want to use this one for a case study or something.
Hope all works out for him though. Best of luck to him and his.

Hartford is still the insurance capital of the world.

Lots of lawyers to go around, if you know what I mean. [/Quote]

And this is a public forum, if you know what I mean
wink.gif

Best wishes all around.

(newmill @ Dec. 18 2006,06:00) Hartford is still the insurance capital of the world.

Lots of lawyers to go around, if you know what I mean.

And this is a public forum, if you know what I mean  
wink.gif

Best wishes all around.[/Quote]
i didn't get that post either..

everybody is basically in agreement that it's the riders fault but then everybody talking about suing somebody/something for his injuries..

rock.gif

don't get it.

Hope he heals up well.

Sorry to hear about this. Good friends are sometimes hard to come by, but looks like you are one when he truly needs it. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

well this is a good time for him to start thinking about switchng over to a busa.

just a thought......
guns.gif

Month and a Day Update:

Dogbone is getting better little by little.

After numerous surgeries and such he is in a rehab facility re-couperating.

He walked his first 25 feet under his own power this week and is pushing himself hard.

So, hopefully with hard work he will fully recover.

Back